ms Nieuw Statendam in Port Everglades March 16, 2022

Scrapnana

Nieuw Statendam will be at pier 26 (starboard to) from ? to ?.  Why the question marks?  The schedule shows her arriving at 7 am but somebody on the roll call said she had to return to Aruba with medical problems and was not expected in until about 11 am.  The schedule also shows her not leaving until the 17th at 4 pm.  Stay tuned to see what really happens.  She is scheduled for an 11-day Southern Caribbean Wayfarer cruise.

Cruise itinerary map for Holland America Line 11 Night Southern Caribbean Wayfarer (92743)

Also in port (but I believe without passengers) is Celebrity Infinity at pier 19 from 5 am to 5 pm.

The PTZtv webcam can be found at https://www.portevergladeswebcam.com/ .

For the addicts:  Rotterdam is scheduled to be in Key West on Saturday, 19 March from 8 am - 5 pm.  https://www.keywestharborwebcam.com/

Next up:  Eurodam and Rotterdam on Sunday, 20 March.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

We’re on board and have been told arrival will be 11AM. Had to rebook our flight home, luggage direct is cancelled (which is a serious sadness) so are all the possible “fill in the time before your flight” Fort Lauderdale excursions.

Apologies have been offered but nothing else. I realize these things happen but a little nod to the inconvenienced passengers would be nice. I’ll get home close to midnight with a 40 min drive to my house instead of my original 6PM arrival. I really don’t like driving in the dark and the snow!!

27 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

PTZ has just updated their departure schedule on FB and it doesn't show any sail-away from Port Everglades today.    That must mean everyone gets a night in FLL to start with.

It's not scheduled to sail today.  It's tomorrow.

• Like 1

It looks like she is either leaving late Wed  - or normal time Thurs. If she had gone at her regular time tomorrow - I would have missed it - prior engagement. This way I do have a chance to watch - we'll see.

Thanks, Kathi, for the update. I will keep an eye on the thread.

• Like 1

The Nieuw Statendam returned to Aruba after traveling for 5 hours, maybe 100 miles, to medically disembark a guest.  Always a big decision to do such, but please have compassion for this.  I'm not sure who is responsible for the extra costs of running 200 miles plus docking again in Aruba, but my credit card wouldn't be enough for sure.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, St Pete Cruiser said:

The Nieuw Statendam returned to Aruba after traveling for 5 hours, maybe 100 miles, to medically disembark a guest.  Always a big decision to do such, but please have compassion for this.  I'm not sure who is responsible for the extra costs of running 200 miles plus docking again in Aruba, but my credit card wouldn't be enough for sure.

One of the reasons HAL is such a good cruise line!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Sorry, I haven't mastered the snipping tool; every time I try to use it, it makes the entire image go blue and I can't undo it.

It will do that.  If you move the mouse away from the snip tool, you should get a square cursor.  Move the cursor to one corner of the image you want, left click the mouse and go to the other corner of a rectangle, and release the left button.  Then you can save the image.  I have never used Snipping tool other than on a laptop.

Roy

I got it to work, (I'm on a PC) but I was hoping I wouldn't have to save it to the desktop then download the file to here.  I thought I could just use the snipping tool after I pasted the file.  I guess not.

223309774_Screenshot2022-03-16072343.png.f537c4de2f5158521c432c353d891d41.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ger_77 said:

I got it to work, (I'm on a PC) but I was hoping I wouldn't have to save it to the desktop then download the file to here.  I thought I could just use the snipping tool after I pasted the file.  I guess not.

223309774_Screenshot2022-03-16072343.png.f537c4de2f5158521c432c353d891d41.png

When you snip it automatically copies it to your clipboard. All you then need to do is right click in your post and select paste. You shouldn't have to save it to your desktop.