Silhouette 3.18-28. Boarded with my husband, disembarked without him.

sakigemcam

3 hours ago, citruscruiser said:

There was a Celebrity email recently advising you did not have to change rooms if positive with one day left on the cruise. Does anyone have a link to that to share?  I tossed my copy. Thanks

There was no question whatsoever about my husband being moved. What was surprising to me was them asking if I was going to love with him. I felt guilty but why would I continue to expose myself? 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, sakigemcam said:

It's worth it. Advil, Tylenol, Dayquil and Nyquil, stomach and anti-diarrhea meds, lots of immunity homeopathic stuff (ha, I guess it didn't work), Zicam nose swabs, bandaids!, bacitracin, Tylenol PM. Don't even ask about makeup and hair stuff, lol. 

🙂🙂🙂 How much luggage did you take? 

Seriously, it’s very smart to be well equipped in case someone gets sick. How is your husband feeling today? Hopefully he’s on a quick mend. We’re heading tomorrow morning to get our second booster. Our PCP stated that if our age group was approved he highly recommended getting the jab. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

Not surprised at all, many wives decide to stay with their husbands.   There were many complaints when wives or traveling companions were not given the option.

I didn’t know that. It’s nice they addressed that. I had to get back to work and the cat. Quarantine would have sucked up a lot of PTO and I don’t recall if X would have paid my expenses as well. 

2 hours ago, cruisingator2 said:

🙂🙂🙂 How much luggage did you take? 

Seriously, it’s very smart to be well equipped in case someone gets sick. How is your husband feeling today? Hopefully he’s on a quick mend. We’re heading tomorrow morning to get our second booster. Our PCP stated that if our age group was approved he highly recommended getting the jab. 

Ha, the meds are light. One big suitcase (50.5 lbs)  and a carry on. 
Thank you, he is finally feeling a lot better. Not an experience we would want to repeat and we hope fewer folks have to experience. 
I asked if in his spare time he would research the 2nd booster for us. I have a conference to attend in May. On dry land though. 

• Like 5

Very good to hear the husband is feeling much better. We do care how you guys do but also find it important to understand how this is working out for you and what could happen…..to us.

Just a bit of lightness…..when I first saw your thread title, my sick mind went to: did her husband fall for another woman on the cruise and is going to leave the ship with the ‘Other Woman’ and she is ‘disembarking without him’??? 

Enough. Our (good, not sick) thoughts are with you.

den

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sakigemcam said:

Ha, the meds are light. One big suitcase (50.5 lbs)  and a carry on. 
Thank you, he is finally feeling a lot better. Not an experience we would want to repeat and we hope fewer folks have to experience. 
I asked if in his spare time he would research the 2nd booster for us. I have a conference to attend in May. On dry land though. 

Glad that he’s doing better. It will be great to soon put this behind you. Hopefully you will be able to get your second booster soon. I grabbed appointments as soon as the CDC gave the green light. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sakigemcam said:

… 
Thank you, he is finally feeling a lot better. Not an experience we would want to repeat and we hope fewer folks have to experience. ..

I just finished reading through this thread. First, thank you for sharing your story and being so candid! Second, I would like to echo others who have been concerned about your husband- his health, his quarantine situation, etc. Third, I appreciate that you have tried not to let this thread turn into a series of rants about Celebrity. I understand large organizations, I understand that they have policies and procedures and they often have people doing jobs, and I understand that neither policies, procedures, nor people will always get to the right answer. Frustrating for you and your husband, frustrating for all of us reading this and wishing there were some way we could send some food or good books or something. And, I hope, frustrating for Celebrity execs who are trying to do the right thing. I hope they read your story and other stories like yours and take them to heart and do what they can to improve their crisis management.

Congratulations on your level headed coping with this situation. And I too would have prioritized Cat (and job) over Spouse!

Stan

• Like 4

13 hours ago, ncgolferette said:

I just posted my question on another thread but here it goes again.  Did Celebrity provide any medications for your husband when he was quarantined?  A fever reducer, cough syrup, etc.?  Haven’t seen this topic addressed anywhere and I’m just wondering how a person should be prepared just in case.

I received the equivalent of DayQuil and NyQuil. Was offered cough syrup and pain reliever (don’t remember which) but declined, didn’t feel necessary.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, GottaKnowWhen said:

I just finished reading through this thread. First, thank you for sharing your story and being so candid! Second, I would like to echo others who have been concerned about your husband- his health, his quarantine situation, etc. Third, I appreciate that you have tried not to let this thread turn into a series of rants about Celebrity. I understand large organizations, I understand that they have policies and procedures and they often have people doing jobs, and I understand that neither policies, procedures, nor people will always get to the right answer. Frustrating for you and your husband, frustrating for all of us reading this and wishing there were some way we could send some food or good books or something. And, I hope, frustrating for Celebrity execs who are trying to do the right thing. I hope they read your story and other stories like yours and take them to heart and do what they can to improve their crisis management.

Congratulations on your level headed coping with this situation. And I too would have prioritized Cat (and job) over Spouse!

Stan

Cat over your spouse, wow.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, sakigemcam said:

There was no question whatsoever about my husband being moved. What was surprising to me was them asking if I was going to love with him. I felt guilty but why would I continue to expose myself? 

OMG! Celebrity is really getting nosy!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TMLAalum said:

What was surprising to me was them asking if I was going to love with him. I felt guilty but why would I continue to expose myself? 

There is a little double entendre in these sentences........I couldn't help but chuckle;  judging by the lady's posts, she's level headed, has a good sense of humour, and would take these comments as well intended......:classic_unsure:

Edited by Oceangoer2
  • Like 4

On 3/28/2022 at 9:15 PM, sakigemcam said:

Every single crew member was masked 100% of the time. We had 1464 on board. No dining was crowded including specialties we experienced. Martini Bar and WCB were quite busy and crowded at times. Pool deck and bar pretty crowded. Solarium and Sunset Bar areas, our favorites, weren’t too crowded. 

We’ve now personally heard of 20 individuals who disembarked after testing positive. 8 of them were w my husband and taken to hotels. The rest drove home. 

I did reach someone earlier who said “the care team” would be reaching out to husband. Still waiting….

I just got off the Edge on Sunday. There were about 3 cases onboard that I know about/were announced. I tested positive with an antigen test early Tuesday morning, with obvious Covid symptoms- lost my sense of taste for a few hours. While it is possible I got it in the airport - we spent  6 hours in the FLL airport, in a crowded Sky Lounge where most people (including us), had snacks and drinks To avoid masking- I think based on incubation time that it is more likely I got it on the ship, probably in the spa, because DH is still negative.

This likely is a spike from the new variant AND the nationwide relaxation of masking. At my hospital on Monday, we have had no hospitalized Covid cases for 5 days - a first since April 2020. 
This is all part of becoming endemic. But I encourage everyone to assess their own personal risk and act accordingly- discuss with your physician. I’ve been pretty miserable for the last 2 days, and I can only imagine what the original full blown Alpha was like!

• Like 7

55 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

I just got off the Edge on Sunday. There were about 3 cases onboard that I know about/were announced. I tested positive with an antigen test early Tuesday morning, with obvious Covid symptoms- lost my sense of taste for a few hours. While it is possible I got it in the airport - we spent  6 hours in the FLL airport, in a crowded Sky Lounge where most people (including us), had snacks and drinks To avoid masking- I think based on incubation time that it is more likely I got it on the ship, probably in the spa, because DH is still negative.

This likely is a spike from the new variant AND the nationwide relaxation of masking. At my hospital on Monday, we have had no hospitalized Covid cases for 5 days - a first since April 2020. 
This is all part of becoming endemic. But I encourage everyone to assess their own personal risk and act accordingly- discuss with your physician. I’ve been pretty miserable for the last 2 days, and I can only imagine what the original full blown Alpha was like!

So sorry to hear you got sick.  Hopefully you will be better very soon!   Did you think about an anti-viral like Paxlovid?  I am curious to know if this works from somebody taking it with a true medical degree like you.  I was wondering if it is now carried on Celebrity cruise ships too.  That might help people posting here (like the OP's husband).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cangelmd said:

Sorry you got sick,, I assume you were fully vaccinated and careful.

How was your pos test handled on board for you and your husb?

Did you test pos before you went off the ship on your own.?

We are scheduled to cruise in Nov..but it's a short cruise and we plan to stay away from others as much as we can..sort of second nature now!

• Like 1

Lost post..again!

I agree with OPs choice under the circumstances..as her husb was not seriously ill.   Could not do much except be stressed abt cat and job, and expenses,

Will discuss possible scenarios with dh before our cruise in Nov.  Fortunately we have a condo in Fla so  we'd have less stress abt flights home..

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Denny01 said:

Very good to hear the husband is feeling much better. We do care how you guys do but also find it important to understand how this is working out for you and what could happen…..to us.

Just a bit of lightness…..when I first saw your thread title, my sick mind went to: did her husband fall for another woman on the cruise and is going to leave the ship with the ‘Other Woman’ and she is ‘disembarking without him’??? 

Enough. Our (good, not sick) thoughts are with you.

den

Hhahahah I was looking for a catchy title! Meanwhile he finally got to airport today and his flight was cancelled. We are losing our minds. I was hoping that my post would help others prepare, just in case. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, GottaKnowWhen said:

Stan

Thank you for your kind and understanding comment. I would not have been much help in a hotel room with him and he felt better that I get home and manage things here. Unfortunately, his flight home was just cancelled while he was at the airport and now we are scrambling again. Where is this weather they are blaming? Since when do flights get cancelled 5 hours ahead of time (it was the connector)? 

I feel for the cruise lines but at this point I'm worried about this stress for him. Managing it from here hash helped us. 

Also the cat is 19 and he was worried about her too. We only had so much coverage. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, LGW59 said:

Cat over your spouse, wow.

Fellow New Englander, I notice you aren't always very nice in your comments here on CruiseCritic. Please take your negativity elsewhere. We've been married over 35 years and make decisions together. I mentioned the cat for a little levity. I am sharing our experience in the hopes it will help others be prepared, just in case. 

Perhaps follow this edict: Presume Positive Intent. Might be helpful. 

• Like 26