Concierge Lunch Embarkation Day

Cruiser Nonna

Is Celebrity still offering Concierge Lunch on embarkation day - or as a few months ago was offered on day 2?  Also what hours if on embarkation day?

Sailing on Eclipse (first sailing since 2020) so cannot check for prior sailings - hopeful that someone might have some updated information

Thank you for your help  - stay well and safe

On our 2/26 Reflection cruise, it was on embarkation day.

I wouldn’t say the menu is special, but we appreciated having a sit-down meal rather than the buffet.  I had the short ribs and enjoyed them.

The menu isn't really anything special but it's just nice to not have to be at the buffet. For me the options are doing this or Sushi on 5 at my cost. Millennium last month was doing it on embarkation day. I attended as a B2B guest. On Silhouette, I'm not sure about the lunch but the Porch was not open for lunch the first day meaning I also did Sushi on 5 there. 

1 hour ago, D C said:

I've seen this lunch offering, I've sailed concierge on occasion, but I've never gone.  Is there something special about the menu that must not be missed? 

No nothing at all special, it’s a basic quick lunch.  Friends have done this and told the only thing special about it were the concierge people who felt it made them feel special.  Again I’ve not done it so there is that.

In our recent experience the buffet is not like pre Covid-19 buffet on embarkation day.

Now everyone can go directly to their cabin and drop off the  roll aboard and backpacks, so no getting clobbered or tripped by luggage.  
With assigned boarding times their is not the same crowd sitting for a hour or 2 waiting to get to their cabin. 

• Like 1

I did several B2Bs last Fall and went to the luncheon as an option to the Luminae burger without a bun.  Menu was simple but the short ribs were delicious.  Another time they sliced a chicken breast onto the Caesar salad for a different gluten free option for me.  Buffet was also excellent (love the Indian choices).  The luncheon was quieter than Luminae or the buffet.  All were good.

10 hours ago, jelayne said:

In our recent experience the buffet is not like pre Covid-19 buffet on embarkation day.

Now everyone can go directly to their cabin and drop off the  roll aboard and backpacks, so no getting clobbered or tripped by luggage.  
With assigned boarding times their is not the same crowd sitting for a hour or 2 waiting to get to their cabin. 

We found the same thing.  Plenty of seats inside and out (where we usually go).

15 hours ago, D C said:

I've seen this lunch offering, I've sailed concierge on occasion, but I've never gone.  Is there something special about the menu that must not be missed? 

Nothing special. Same limited lunch menu that B2B cruisers get. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/13/2022 at 2:06 PM, Purplsmurf said:

Not necessarily. On our next sailing check in didn’t start until about 6 pm. 

For Millennium (June 10 - Vancouver-Seward) check-in was available when I logged into Celebrity (PC/Windows) at 5:00 am.  All boarding times from 11:00 am and up were available.  Not a night person.  12:01 am is out.

On 4/13/2022 at 6:03 PM, grest said:

Hard to make it to the embarkation lunch when the only check in times offered are 1 pm or later....

Same here, late booking so we only got check in for 1.30 to 2pm . By the time we get on board and drop off hand baggage I  presume we will of missed this (small) perk?

12 hours ago, sgmn said:

Same here, late booking so we only got check in for 1.30 to 2pm . By the time we get on board and drop off hand baggage I  presume we will of missed this (small) perk?

sounds like we are out of luck on this one!

Since the lunch is included with the Concierge booking, seems there should be a way to request an earlier boarding time. Perhaps one of these departments could help:

800-280-3423   Customer Service – Pre-Sail

844-418-6824    One Touch Hospitality  OR OneHospitality@celebrity.com

800-647-2251    Pre-Cruise Questions

800-556-8209    Service Team

CelebrityEngagementCenter@celebrity.com

Hope you can get this resolved. The lunch isn't necessarily anything to write home about, but it is a vast improvement over the OVC,  IMHO.

• Like 1