Testing Positive for Covid onboard Silhouette transatlantic

jetblue

2 minutes ago, Whitechapelgirl62 said:

Whose moaning?? Not me! Just saying Europe is open but like lots of countries with forms to fill in. Visas have been around a long time & have always formed part of international travel. 

And for some countries good amounts of the population get denied visas and will never get to visit America. We take it for granted we can go whenever we want within reason. And Europe is not open for business. Aren't restrictions still in France, Spain, Germany etc? We are open but the rest not so much perhaps.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

And Europe is not open for business. Aren't restrictions still in France, Spain, Germany etc? We are open but the rest not so much perhaps.

Please don't post ill informed information. Europe is fully open for business. Just check individual country requirements for entry requirements re covid.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, BigAl94 said:

Please don't post ill informed information. Europe is fully open for business. Just check individual country requirements for entry requirements re covid.

But to my understand you don't need to be vaccinated to come here? And you don't need a test or anything like that? Others countries are not like that are they? You need vaccine and tests don't you?

1 hour ago, ace2542 said:

And for some countries good amounts of the population get denied visas and will never get to visit America. We take it for granted we can go whenever we want within reason. And Europe is not open for business. Aren't restrictions still in France, Spain, Germany etc? We are open but the rest not so much perhaps.

Depends what you mean on restrictions? Mask wearing / proving vaccination status ?? I’ve been to Spain last month & just needed to fill their health form in & wear a mask indoors (which by the way has now been abolished). i’m going to Majorca next weekend & again just need to fill a form in & wear a mask on flight (Easyjet policy)
europe & UK very much open & free to travel 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Whitechapelgirl62 said:

Depends what you mean on restrictions? Mask wearing / proving vaccination status ?? I’ve been to Spain last month & just needed to fill their health form in & wear a mask indoors (which by the way has now been abolished). i’m going to Majorca next weekend & again just need to fill a form in & wear a mask on flight (Easyjet policy)
europe & UK very much open & free to travel 

I thought you couldn't get into Spain without vaccination?

1 hour ago, ace2542 said:

Wrong, wrong, wrong. You can come to the UK  with no tests and no visa fee. For us to come to the US we need tests and to pay for an ESTA (on which incidentally there were no refunds for the time the US was shut for Covid.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ace2542 said:

We shouldn't be moaning too much. The UK probably shouldn't be on the visa waiver program and you wouldn't like if it wasn't. I would never get a visa if it wasn't  I don't think with my knowledge of immigration matters.

What about from 1 January 2023 when the EU visa comes into force for UK post Brexit? Are you not going to travel to Europe because of visa regulations?

Just now, Megabear2 said:

What about from 1 January 2023 when the EU visa comes into force for UK post Brexit? Are you not going to travel to Europe because of visa regulations?

We won't get denied the EU Visa the way you might if younger/unemployed or on zero hours contract etc  with the USA at the embassy.

2 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

We won't get denied the EU Visa the way you might if younger/unemployed or on zero hours contract etc  with the USA at the embassy.

With respect we don't know what stipulation are going to be.  There are a lot of very fed up with British people at the airports in Europe at the moment which is the Brexit backlash. Might be fine in the tourist hotspots but I've had interesting experiences in past six months in Austria, Germany, some Greek islands and Italy.

I wouldn't be do sure it will be easy. 

18 hours ago, jetblue said:

So debarkation... Go figure I've been told 3 different things now. Someone will come and collect us in the morning and that will happen at either 8am, 8:30am, or 8:45am. They sure aren't making it easy to schedule a car out of here. Apparently the UK border force will be boarding the ship tomorrow morning at 6am and would like to see every passenger face to face. Because of this, the ship has decided that covid passengers must be seen last and no begging will change that. So our isolation is extended a couple of extra hours thanks to ship policy.  Freedom is so close I can basically taste it!

I wanted to jump on here and thank you for your detailed posts on what you and your husband has been going through.  So sorry you tested positive and then sorry for your husband also test positive.  And then to be not the first ones off the ship! Ugh.  I'm hoping by now you are off the ship and are free!!

Your positive attitude is what we all should strive for.   I applaud you and wish you guys all the luck.  I didn't see/read if you guys are going to get to enjoy the sights before you head home or staying in a room until you test negative then fly home?

All of the information you have giving us, give us all something to think about.  Yes covid is still out there.  Do we as 'informed people' take the risk and travel or do we stay home?  Each person has to make that decision for themselves.  But at this point in time if we decides to travel, we accept the risks involved and we really can't get angry if things don't go exactly as planned.  There is a saying that is perfect for this point in time "***** Happens".  

I hope your travels home are safe and stress free!!

• Like 6

David, thank you again for your informative and thoughtful posts.

I’m booked on Silhouette for a Caribbean trip in January. (Not wandering too far from home.)  Hope I won’t need my new found knowledge of the Red Zone and get to stay in my own cabin for the entire cruise this time.😎

Hope you both recover quickly and have an uneventful trip home.

2 hours ago, BigAl94 said:

Quite simple really

Hi  - going to Spain on the Beyond inaugural. We don’t have to complete the form. I’m considered “up to date “ with my vaccination status for this sailing. There was much discussion on this- will we /won’t we. Latest news from Celebrity is we won’t. 🙂

On 4/20/2022 at 3:40 PM, tinaincc said:

Some people are not afraid of catching anything.  I sit at bar tops at a restaurant and would sit at the Martini Bar if given a chance, shoulder to shoulder with someone in hopes of striking up a great conversation.  

I’m not scared either,  but crowding in just for the sake of it isn’t my jam. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Barn Goddess said:

Hi  - going to Spain on the Beyond inaugural. We don’t have to complete the form. I’m considered “up to date “ with my vaccination status for this sailing. There was much discussion on this- will we /won’t we. Latest news from Celebrity is we won’t. 🙂

You don´t have to fill in the form anymore (since April 6th) when you come to Spain by cruise ship. The form is for flying in only. Those with an digital EU vaccine passport don´t have to fill in the form anymore even when flying in.

steamboats

• Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, steamboats said:

You don´t have to fill in the form anymore (since April 6th) when you come to Spain by cruise ship. The form is for flying in only. Those with an digital EU vaccine passport don´t have to fill in the form anymore even when flying in.

steamboats

Just would like to say thank you @steamboats for all your up to date info you post about the changing rules.  It's a great help 

• Like 1

On 4/20/2022 at 10:32 AM, ace2542 said:

I don't know far they where from Libson or the Azores when thameside starting having the syptoms. If it was me a day out of lisbon I would have just got off the ship with my stuff and flown home and told them i will leave the ship instead of being in the cabin. I don't think they can stop you from getting off the ship if you do want to stay.

A few years ago we were on a cruise where the last night was an overnight in Venice.   We had travelled to the ship in our own car and in an effort to be able to get off the ship as quickly as possible on the day of disembarkation the day before we packed up a load of stuff and my husband was going to take it to our car.  When he tried to leave the ship with some of our luggage the security people refused to let him.   It took over an hour and the need to call one of the ship's officers before he was allowed to leave. 

Sure hope David and Steven are doing well.  I know they have got to be tired and probably want to put this last cruise to rest, as well. 

Thank you for posting your story, David.  A real eye opener for DH and myself.  We are glad we decided against cruising overseas for a while.  Unfortunately, the bug to travel by land got us and we will be in London and Paris in July.  We are really worried about having to quarantine at some point during the trip.  Should that happen, at least we will be able to have a large hotel room with a large viewing window.

Check back in and let us know your status. 😉

Edited by Iamthesea