Advice Please on required check-in photo

HopingForFun333

Hi everyone…

I have noticed that it is now a requirement to download a ‘ passport ‘ style photo when we check in…. 

I don’t recall ever having to do this for a cruise before and I am not the best with this type of thing…

so, hoping someone who has done this can advise me on the best way to go about it…. 

Our check-in is soon and I hope to be ready to ‘ go ‘ as soon as it opens… so I know we are ‘ sorted ‘ so to speak.. I know they could take  a photo at the docks if needed but I am hoping to speed up the procedure as much as I can… ( as we all are.. ).

I do use an iPad and a PC but not to any great extent…so any simple, straightforward advice would be really appreciated…

eg…

Does the check-in provide a link of some sort ?.. 

Do we need a photo of each of us ( my husband and I only ) ?..

sorry if this sounds a bit feeble 😨… but thanks in advance for any advice..

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HopingForFun333 said:

Hi everyone…

I have noticed that it is now a requirement to download a ‘ passport ‘ style photo when we check in…. 

I don’t recall ever having to do this for a cruise before and I am not the best with this type of thing…

so, hoping someone who has done this can advise me on the best way to go about it…. 

Our check-in is soon and I hope to be ready to ‘ go ‘ as soon as it opens… so I know we are ‘ sorted ‘ so to speak.. I know they could take  a photo at the docks if needed but I am hoping to speed up the procedure as much as I can… ( as we all are.. ).

I do use an iPad and a PC but not to any great extent…so any simple, straightforward advice would be really appreciated…

eg…

Does the check-in provide a link of some sort ?.. 

Do we need a photo of each of us ( my husband and I only ) ?..

sorry if this sounds a bit feeble 😨… but thanks in advance for any advice..

I check in on my Android mobile phone.

You are given the opportunity to use a face picture from your gallery or to download a new photo.

We have done this for our last 3 P&O cruises and each time they have took fresh photos of us both at check in.

It takes about 20 seconds for our photos to be taken at check in.

4 minutes ago, purplesea said:

I took photos of myself and my husband when we checked in online in January and they took them again at Southampton.

That is indeed correct, we had the same issues with the tech part of downloading/uploading photos and still had new ones taken at check in😒😒

30 minutes ago, purplesea said:

I took photos of myself and my husband when we checked in online in January and they took them again at Southampton.

Same here. The Lady said I don't like yours, I'll take it again. DW grinned and said..........nothing.🤣

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

I check in on my Android mobile phone.

You are given the opportunity to use a face picture from your gallery or to download a new photo.

We have done this for our last 3 P&O cruises and each time they have took fresh photos of us both at check in.

It takes about 20 seconds for our photos to be taken at check in.

Have you got recent pictures of yourself and Pauline.,?

• Like 1

I also had mine re-taken for a Cunard cruise last September. Can't say I blame them. I looked like I'd just been arrested for shoplifting!

I think they only ask us to upload photos so they can have a bit of laugh at our inevitably ugly mugshots!

Don't lose any sleep over this. There will be no problems having it done at the terminal.

Hi. I agree. I uploaded photo of myself and partner exactly the same way, and got the required tick to say completed. At Southampton was informed that mine was blank so taken again  at check in then on boarding  was told no picture ! So guy took it again practically   on the gang plank lol . no idea what it looked like but after the stress of  lft test and the result  wait I didn't care about photo profile. 

• Like 1

P&O do seem to be making things complicated. On a recent cruise with Saga I was provided with detailed joining instructions and proper luggage tags in the post. No form filling online or offline was required. To check in, all I needed to present was my passport and NHS vaccination certificate, after which a photo was taken and I was given my cabin key. If I intended to settle my onboard account by credit card, I was asked to register this at reception at my leisure. Why can't P&O be so simple?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Denarius said:

Why can't P&O be so simple?

Perhaps because a Saga ship only has half the number of passengers as the smallest ship in the P&O fleet?

It's a lot easier to offer a bespoke service to 1000 passengers than to 5000. 

16 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

In which case why do you take a corkscrew?🤔

The wine we take on board at Southampton is either in a screw top bottle or a wine box.

But the wine we buy in port is normally in corked bottles, hence the need for a corkscrew.

This is interesting, we took head and shoulder shots of each other against a plain wall in our house with our phones and uploaded them. I didn’t worry too much as I knew from here they’d take it again at the port if they weren’t happy. 
To my surprise they didn’t take our photos again! I did try and get a look at our pics when we left the ship to see how awful they looked (!) but I couldn’t see them 😀

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

The wine we take on board at Southampton is either in a screw top bottle or a wine box.

But the wine we buy in port is normally in corked bottles, hence the need for a corkscrew.

You that EU countries dont stock the wonderful new world wines that now all seem to have screw top bottles????😥

Hi everyone…

just to say check-in opened today… and… really glad to say I have managed to check-in, and print out everything… including… ( drum roll please ) photos… and after all that worry too…😵💫😀..

The photo link on the check-in photo pages said ‘ browse ‘ and took me to our iPad photo page and it actually downloaded ok onto the website, I only had to try it twice…

just a word to anyone who might need it… I had to go on Google chrome before I could access the luggage tags etc so that might be useful if anyone else is trying to do that as well…

so hope everyone else has a similar check-in ..

Thanks all round for the advice and support 💐🍾..

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HopingForFun333 said:

Hi everyone…

just to say check-in opened today… and… really glad to say I have managed to check-in, and print out everything… including… ( drum roll please ) photos… and after all that worry too…😵💫😀..

The photo link on the check-in photo pages said ‘ browse ‘ and took me to our iPad photo page and it actually downloaded ok onto the website, I only had to try it twice…

just a word to anyone who might need it… I had to go on Google chrome before I could access the luggage tags etc so that might be useful if anyone else is trying to do that as well…

so hope everyone else has a similar check-in ..

Thanks all round for the advice and support 💐🍾..

Wonder how many of us didn't realise when booking that we would have to buy printers!