Bermuda Travel Form

Giantfan13

We are sailing into Bermuda on the RCCL Enchantment on May 7th. Because I regularly visit CC and the forum's, I learned about this form that must be filled out and the $40PP required to enter Bermuda. 

I booked this cruise thru and online TA and they never told me about it. If I didn't come here regularly, I never would have known about it. So what happens if cruisers didn't know and wanted to disembark once arriving in Bermuda? I would assume that they cannot enter the country, but does the cruise line, like this RCCL, help them before boarding or once aboard?

I'm sure there have to be several passengers who will not know about the required travel form, are they forced top remain onboard?

Cheers

Len

27 minutes ago, Giantfan13 said:

We are sailing into Bermuda on the RCCL Enchantment on May 7th. Because I regularly visit CC and the forum's, I learned about this form that must be filled out and the $40PP required to enter Bermuda. 

I booked this cruise thru and online TA and they never told me about it. If I didn't come here regularly, I never would have known about it. So what happens if cruisers didn't know and wanted to disembark once arriving in Bermuda? I would assume that they cannot enter the country, but does the cruise line, like this RCCL, help them before boarding or once aboard?

I'm sure there have to be several passengers who will not know about the required travel form, are they forced top remain onboard?

Cheers

Len

There are previous threads on this subject. You have not read them? Bottom line is that all passengers must apply, pay the $40 and their application approved. Cruisers who are not approved will not be able to board the ship. They can not go to Bermuda and stay on the ship. It is cruisers responsibility to comply with required documents. A number of passengers have arrived at the terminal without approval. To date Bermuda has had representatives in the terminal to assist passengers who arrive at embarkation unapproved attempt to get approved.. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Thanks 1

OP, The Bermuda form should be available to you now.  If you can complete it ahead of time it will save worrying about it at the port.  I understand that each cruise will show up on the Bermuda site at 30 days before sailing.

I'm surprised that cruise lines have not been informing passengers about it.

Seems like this form only insures that cruisers are vaccinated and tested prior to boarding the ship.  Isn’t this what cruise lines already do?  If every port-of-call insisted on this type of form, it could add several hundred dollars to every cruise.  Am I missing something or is this only a moneymaker for Bermuda?

14 minutes ago, rjrpar said:

Seems like this form only insures that cruisers are vaccinated and tested prior to boarding the ship.  Isn’t this what cruise lines already do?  If every port-of-call insisted on this type of form, it could add several hundred dollars to every cruise.  Am I missing something or is this only a moneymaker for Bermuda?

It does seem redundent. Bermuda has budgeted recieving revenue of 22 million dollars from the TA fee. You decide if it is only a moneymaker. I don't expect it to go away until April 2023 at the earliest. That is the next budget year. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

It does seem redundent. Bermuda has budgeted recieving revenue of 22 million dollars from the TA fee. You decide if it is only a moneymaker. I don't expect it to go away until April 2023 at the earliest. That is the next budget year. 

Thanks 

15 hours ago, Giantfan13 said:

Cheers

Len

Len, please let us know what is happening. We were on the Enchantment a few weeks ago. We are to go on Carnival Legend 22 May, and TA is looking into it. I spoke with her today and she informed me that the Bermuda govt is very difficult to deal with. I would think RC would want to passengers to stay informed, so they can take the excursions.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, joyandjerry said:

Len, please let us know what is happening. We were on the Enchantment a few weeks ago. We are to go on Carnival Legend 22 May, and TA is looking into it. I spoke with her today and she informed me that the Bermuda govt is very difficult to deal with. I would think RC would want to passengers to stay informed, so they can take the excursions.

As I said on the other thread where you posted, you have to obtain the travel authorization just to board your ship. It doesn't matter whether you are taking excursions.

15 hours ago, Giantfan13 said:

I booked this cruise thru and online TA and they never told me about it.

The necessary information is on Royal Caribbean's website:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/additional-requirements-to-cruise-to-bermuda

Search your Frequently Asked QuestionsSearch your Frequently Asked Questions

Q

Are there any additional requirements to cruise to Bermuda?

A

All travelers age 2 and older, or their legal guardians, must apply for a Bermuda Travel Authorization to enter the country regardless of whether they plan to go ashore in the port. It must be presented at the pier when checking in. Applications can be purchased for $40, a month before travel here. You will not see your ship/sailings listed on this page until a month before your sail date. Children age 2 and under do not need to apply for the Travel Authorization.  

Your application will be stored until the departure date listed on your application. Four days before your scheduled arrival to Bermuda, you will receive a reminder email to upload your pre-travel negative test result to complete your Travel Authorization application. 

We recommend guests apply for their Bermuda Travel Authorization as soon as it becomes available a month in advance of your departure date. 

Note that the local government does not recognize Novovax or Covaxin as approved vaccines. If you are on a cruise that stops in Bermuda, and your vaccination series consists of either, you will not be permitted to go ashore in Bermuda. If you are booked on a cruise that exclusively visits Bermuda, you will be denied boarding. 

Additional Testing: Unvaccinated Kids Age 2 – 11

Unvaccinated kids age 2-11 will take a complimentary antigen test within 24 hours of disembarking in the U.S. Details on how to register for this test will be provided onboard.

Additional Testing: May 28th Mariner of the Seas Sailing

Guests on the May 28th sailing from Port Canaveral on Mariner of the Seas, will require additional testing to go ashore per the Bermudian government. All guests age 2 and up, regardless of vaccination status, will take a complimentary test onboard 48 hours before arriving in Bermuda. Details on how to register for this test will be provided onboard.

njhorseman, Thanks for noting that. It would still seem odd that they were not notified in addition, as many would be confused. Carnival's site only indicates under COVID protocols (for Bermuda) that unvaxed over 12 must remain on the ship in Bermuda.

Thanks to all who replied. I already have filled out the form and just have to wait to get my pre cruise test. 

My question was more about people who do NOT know about this form and money just to be able to get on the ship or disembark ion Bermuda.

That's why we come here to get informed.

Once again, thanks. 

Cheers

Len

3 hours ago, rjrpar said:

This is a way for Bermuda to be "safer". Cruise lines allow a percentage of guests to cruise unvaxed. I personally don't know what Bermuda is doing about the kids. This way, everyone is saying they are vaccinated and have been tested. The cruise lines DO inform the guests. The form shows up when you access your cruise documents online. This was last seasons policy and Bermuda is continuing it this year. 

17 hours ago, Giantfan13 said:

Cheers

Len

Without this form, they will not be getting onto the ship for Bermuda. 

The form is needed from the point of embarkation. 

It is NOT something extra needed to leave the ship in Bermuda. 

The cruise lines do inform guests about this, usually about 30 days prior to the cruise. That gives them time to fill out the form. It also, allows time for Bermuda to change its' policy. We do not know when that might happen. This was in place last year and it remains for this season of cruises. They might decide to drop it or they might decide to keep it, to limit the chance of the virus entering their island. For Bermuda, it is all about keeping their numbers low.

1 hour ago, sandy toes said:

This is a way for Bermuda to be "safer". Cruise lines allow a percentage of guests to cruise unvaxed. I personally don't know what Bermuda is doing about the kids. This way, everyone is saying they are vaccinated and have been tested. The cruise lines DO inform the guests. The form shows up when you access your cruise documents online. This was last seasons policy and Bermuda is continuing it this year. 

None of the ships calling on Bermuda allows any percentage of unvaxed passengers. Bermuda allows children under 12. The form is redundant. Bermuda is not any safer with the form. They will however have $22 million in additional revenue. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 6

20 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

OP, The Bermuda form should be available to you now.  If you can complete it ahead of time it will save worrying about it at the port.  I understand that each cruise will show up on the Bermuda site at 30 days before sailing.

I'm surprised that cruise lines have not been informing passengers about it.

Since posting the above, I looked back at our emails from RC, and I found one sent on April 15, re our cruise to Bermuda on June 2, and it clearly states the Bermuda requirements.  There was an earlier one, too, which I have not found, but I'm fairly certain it mentioned that as well.

34 minutes ago, rjrpar said:

I appreciate all the information on Bermuda’s Travel Form but it is naive to think it’s only about safety.

I've called it duplicative busy-work for Bermuda that has to be a net money maker, or else why do it for cruise ships that already do the same vaccination and negative test verification on your behalf? 

It may have made sense at one point, but not here, not now.

The opposition party of the Bermuda government is rightfully complaining that the BTA is hampering the rebound for tourism.  It can't help, that's for sure.

Carnival's website mentions nothing about this, as opposed to RC, which has a link and sent emails. I would think it would be in the best interest of the cruise line to inform passengers, as it would be bedlam turning away the uninformed at the embarkation port.

On 4/24/2022 at 7:01 PM, 1bets1 said:

Do you really think Bermuda will change it’s policy based on a petition signed by a bunch of foreign nationals??

8 hours ago, CILCIANRQTS said:

Do you really think Bermuda will change it’s policy based on a petition signed by a bunch of foreign nationals??

The petition was origionated by a Bermuda resident. If a Bermudain  is returning from a trip abroad, and many do travel,  they must do the form and pay the $40. Plus many in Bermuda fear the effect on thier tourist industry. So there is opposition to the the form in Bermuda. I think most of the signatures will be from Bermuda locals not foreign nationals as only a few foreign nationals will be aware of the form and impacted by it or aware of the petition. 

As to whether the Bermuda government will change it's policy the current governrnment won the last election in a landslide and pretty much does what it pleases. With that plus the $22 million revenue.......their premier says he expects the form to be in place until April 1, 2023. Recieving those fees are in their national budget. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Thanks 1