Bermuda Travel Form

Giantfan13

2 hours ago, DorothyB said:

Carefully reading the NCL website for requirements to enter Bermuda, it says that UNVACCINATED adults need to take PCR test 4 days before while VACCINATED adults are required to take an antigen test 2 days before.  

Has anyone who is fully vaccinated done the PCR test four days prior? and did it work??

Thanks!

1 hour ago, 1025cruise said:

I believe a PCR at 4 days is acceptable.

You are wrong in a couple of ways.

First, NCL does not permit unvaccinated adults on their ships. Only those under the age of 12 are permitted to cruise unvaccinated on NCL. https://www.ncl.com/sail-safe

Mandatory Vaccinations Against Covid-19

All guests age twelve and over, as well as all crew, must be fully vaccinated at least 2 weeks prior to departure in order to board. While we welcome unvaccinated children under the age of 12 onboard, it is the responsibility of the guest to be aware of any local protocols and/or travel restrictions in place at the visiting destinations at the time of sailing.

As far as the specific requirements for Bermuda you need to read the following. As you'll see 

vaccinated passengers are require to test with two days of embarkation.

Unvaccinated passengers (again only under 12s are allowed to be unvaccinated) must take a PCR test within 96 hours of embarkation and then an antigen test at the pier at embarkation.

https://www.ncl.com/travel-requirements-by-country

Bermuda Cruise Protocols

Bermuda Travel Requirements

Country Requirements

PLEASE NOTE: All guests must complete Bermuda Travel Authorization (TA) within 30 days of sailing. The cost of the Travel Authorization is $40 per guest. Link to form: https://www.gov.bm/cruise-travel-authorisation

All vaccinated guests (any age):

• Travel Authorization requirements include uploading vaccination card and proof of negative antigen test, administered by a verified third party or via medically supervised home test, within 48 hours of embarkation.
  • Note: The upload of the antigen test results should occur at same time as the upload of proof of vaccination.

All unvaccinated guests (only applicable to guests under the age of 12):

• Travel Authorization requirements include proof of a negative PCR test, administered by a verified third party or via medically supervised home test, within 96 hours of embarkation.
  • All unvaccinated guests (only applicable to guests under the age of 12) will also be required to take an additional antigen test at embarkation. This test will be paid for and administered by Norwegian Cruise Line.

Where Bermuda is not the first port of call, or if the ship takes longer than 4 days to arrive in Bermuda, all guests, regardless of vaccination status, will be required to take an additional antigen or PCR test onboard no more than 2 days prior to disembarking in Bermuda. This test will be paid for and administered by our onboard medical team.

All guests must have an approved Travel Authorization before embarkation.

• A travel authorization number will be issued by Bermuda once approved
  • If you have any issues with the process, please contact:
  • Bermuda Tourism Authority: 1.833.570.2594 (toll-free)
  • Norwegian Cruise Line: 1.800.327.7030
Edited by njhorseman

Just to be sure if we embark on the summit June 2nd, can we do our at

hime antigen tests supervised by a medial professional  31st of May?  We only arrive in Bermuda on June 4th. That way the same antigen test will count for our cruise embarkation and for Bermuda.  Or should we take the antigen test on the 1st of June.

9 hours ago, DorothyB said:

Carefully reading the NCL website for requirements to enter Bermuda, it says that UNVACCINATED adults need to take PCR test 4 days before while VACCINATED adults are required to take an antigen test 2 days before.  

Has anyone who is fully vaccinated done the PCR test four days prior? and did it work??

Thanks!

We’re using the PCR test.

It’s easier to get in our area.

4 hours ago, miisa said:

Just to be sure if we embark on the summit June 2nd, can we do our at

hime antigen tests supervised by a medial professional  31st of May?  We only arrive in Bermuda on June 4th. That way the same antigen test will count for our cruise embarkation and for Bermuda.  Or should we take the antigen test on the 1st of June.

May 31st is two days prior to embarkation so the test counts for both the cruise line and Bermuda requirements. 

32 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

Are you certain you can get the results back in time as you have to take your test within two days of embarkation.

It’s a rapid PCR, so it comes back in slightly over 24 hours.

Have done it a number of times.

1 hour ago, CILCIANRQTS said:

It’s a rapid PCR, so it comes back in slightly over 24 hours.

Have done it a number of times.

It's fascinating how some types of tests are easy to find in some areas and nearly impossible to find in others.

21 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

Norfolk must have something to offer or else why would be on the itinerary. I have never been so normaly I would check out a new destination. I definitely would not get off though if it meant I would not be tested. Other cruise lines are changing their schedule.  Celebrity for example. What Celebrity is doing is a cluster F. The ships have to tender part of their time in Bermuda.  If don't understand why they are not telling passengers they can avoid the test by not gettin off in Newport if that is a solution. I book Bermuda cruises to go to Bermuda. I don't want these other ports that cruise lines are adding.

Why would they tender in Bermuda? How is that helping the testing mess?

Celebrity has sailings whose first stop is not Bermuda. So those 2000 passengers would have to have a second test before arriving in Bermuda. So they are dropping the first stop and moving the Bermuda arrival earlier to avoid that testing. There are other ships already scheduled to dock on some of those dates. There are only two docks. So as the third ship they have to anchor. I guess good  for Celebrity’s bottom line. Bad for the passengers as tendering stinks. Plus increased port congestion. 

Edited by Charles4515

6 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Celebrity has sailings whose first stop is not Bermuda. So those 2000 passengers would have to have a second test before arriving in Bermuda. So they are dropping the first stop and moving the Bermuda arrival earlier to avoid that testing. There are other ships already scheduled to dock on some of those dates. There are only two docks. So as the third ship they have to anchor. I guess good  for Celebrity’s bottom line. Bad for the passengers as tendering stinks. Plus increased port congestion. 

Thanks for the info! A mess for all involved. In a few minutes, we are doing our online COVID tests. All packed and fingers crossed!

5 hours ago, joyandjerry said:

Thanks for the info! A mess for all involved. In a few minutes, we are doing our online COVID tests. All packed and fingers crossed!

I submitted our negative tests at 11:00 this morning.  Anxiously awaiting TA.  Let us know when you get yours.  Thanks. 

11 minutes ago, Sea&SkiCruiser said:

I submitted our negative tests at 11:00 this morning.  Anxiously awaiting TA.  Let us know when you get yours.  Thanks. 

I submitted mine at 6am this morning still haven't heard. 

I submitted our negative tests about 11:30 AM. We are submitting our own, but I am going down with a group of elderly, who cannot do them. The travel agent is doing them. She emailed me about an hour ago, stating she submitted a few dozen, starting at 8AM  and ending at  3PM and has heard nothing.

The ships that don’t have Bermuda as the first stop have to test onboard, and many are not getting off at the first ports to avoid getting tested again. That is resulting in lost revenue for the cruise lines with cancelled excursions and the port with less tourists. Celebrity is skipping a port, doing Bermuda first, but having to tender passengers as the dock is already booked. Bermuda is showing total lack of consideration for the cruise lines and the tourists to make us go through this. They just could have charged the fee and not have the associated uploads. No other country is doing this.

I didn't sleep much last night, so now tonight will be same if I don't get the TA. I have never been to Bermuda, but nothing is worth this stress. BTW,  I just explained to Jerry that one cannot even board the ship without the TA, so now he understands my chagrin. He just thought Carnival would straighten it all out on board!

Edited by joyandjerry

15 hours ago, joyandjerry said:

I didn't sleep much last night, so now tonight will be same if I don't get the TA. I have never been to Bermuda, but nothing is worth this stress. BTW,  I just explained to Jerry that one cannot even board the ship without the TA, so now he understands my chagrin. He just thought Carnival would straighten it all out on board!

There's been a lot of discussion on this issue on various threads on the NCL forum, how the requirement to have the final approval prior to embarkation was causing massive problems in the terminal in Manhattan. Apparently now, folks are being permitted to board the NCL ship(s) with only the preliminary approval and proof of having submitted your negative test result, but without the formal, final approval.  The idea is that Bermuda will issue the final approval, allowing you off the ship, while you are in transit.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

There's been a lot of discussion on this issue on various threads on the NCL forum, how the requirement to have the final approval prior to embarkation was causing massive problems in the terminal in Manhattan. Apparently now, folks are being permitted to board the NCL ship(s) with only the preliminary approval and proof of having submitted your negative test result, but without the formal, final approval.  The idea is that Bermuda will issue the final approval, allowing you off the ship, while you are in transit.

Thanks, I did see this about NCL, but we are on CCL out of Baltimore tomorrow, so I hope that applies to us.

https://www.gov.bm/cruise-travel-authorisation

Bermuda has just changed the requirements. The uploaded negative test is no longer required for receiving the travel authorization. You still need to show it at embarkation but it looks like once you submit the $40 and fill out the travel authorization you will receive an approved form that you then take with you to embarkation with your copy of the negative test result. I assume you show this to the NCL staff at embarkation. When I went in April no one in Bermuda checked any authorization once I debarked.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BlushPell said:

https://www.gov.bm/cruise-travel-authorisation

Bermuda has just changed the requirements. The uploaded negative test is no longer required for receiving the travel authorization. You still need to show it at embarkation but it looks like once you submit the $40 and fill out the travel authorization you will receive an approved form that you then take with you to embarkation with your copy of the negative test result. I assume you show this to the NCL staff at embarkation. When I went in April no one in Bermuda checked any authorization once I debarked.

Thanks for posting the update. It still looks like they are holding to the requirement for a second test if Bermuda is not the first port of call.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lx200gps said:

Thanks for posting the update. It still looks like they are holding to the requirement for a second test if Bermuda is not the first port of call.

Yeah and I picked the only Royal sailing that has Bermuda later in the sailing  Go Figure

1 minute ago, molly361 said:

Yeah and I picked the only Royal sailing that has Bermuda later in the sailing  Go Figure

Is Royal paying for the second test on board, prior to arrival in Bermuda?  It's my understanding that NCL is doing just that, for sailings that stop in Norfolk, VA before heading to Bermuda. There is also a rumor that if you don't disembark in Norfolk, you don't even need the second test.

Just now, lx200gps said:

Is Royal paying for the second test on board, prior to arrival in Bermuda?  It's my understanding that NCL is doing just that, for sailings that stop in Norfolk, VA before heading to Bermuda. There is also a rumor that if you don't disembark in Norfolk, you don't even need the second test.

Yes  

This still seems confusing. The website for the Bermuda TA still as of today 5/21/22, says you need the vaccine card proof and negative Covid test before embarkation (and another one given on the ship if Bermuda is not the first port of call). So is the change that you don't need to upload the first negative test? (The one needed by NCL to get on the ship.)

Do you get the TA approved in a timely manner? I am planning to do it 2-3 weeks before embarkation, but of course will only have the vaccine card uploaded, not the Covid test.

3 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

I just forsee it being a cluster--- trying to test 3000 people