Bermuda Travel Form

Giantfan13

4 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

Actually it's required for every passenger age 2 and older.

Wow. If someone has a big family going on a cruse to Bermuda, it's going to cost them some real money in application costs.

On 5/3/2022 at 10:20 AM, lx200gps said:

Sorry to hear that your TA dropped the ball. Our TA is from the extremely big cruise-dedicated agency, so they are better attuned to all the cruise-specific requirements.  She made sure to highlight the Bermuda-specific requirements top dead center in one of her initial post-booking Emails.

Our TA didn't drop the ball. They have not been informed about anything. I would say it's NCL who dropped the ball. You have to go into the requirements by country to find out you need the travel authorization. You would think it would be front and center for people that are booking Bermuda. 

24 minutes ago, rangeley said:

Our TA didn't drop the ball. They have not been informed about anything. I would say it's NCL who dropped the ball. You have to go into the requirements by country to find out you need the travel authorization. You would think it would be front and center for people that are booking Bermuda. 

Speaking as a former travel agency owner, IMO a good travel agent would make sure their clients were informed of the process. They don't get paid to just be an order taker.

• Like 3

On 5/4/2022 at 2:09 PM, Garycruz said:

Wow. If someone has a big family going on a cruse to Bermuda, it's going to cost them some real money in application costs.

Just imagine if all the islands instituted the same requirement.

1 hour ago, rangeley said:

Well, my TA informed us about the requirements as soon as we booked (and I already knew about them before I booked). The requirements are hardly a secret, judging by the number of threads here on CC,so if yours did not know about them and so did not tell you about them, they didn't do a proper job.

14 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

Well, my TA informed us about the requirements as soon as we booked (and I already knew about them before I booked). The requirements are hardly a secret, judging by the number of threads here on CC,so if yours did not know about them and so did not tell you about them, they didn't do a proper job.

My TA and myself both knew of the requirements when I booked. I'm saying NCL did not inform us about it, nor have they sent my TA or myself any info on this. My TA is excellent and I have no problems with her. 

5 hours ago, rangeley said:

My TA and myself both knew of the requirements when I booked. I'm saying NCL did not inform us about it, nor have they sent my TA or myself any info on this. My TA is excellent and I have no problems with her. 

Recently booked a short Bermuda add on for September. 

Already received emails with links to info on the Sail-Safe site. 

Been getting emails continuously for summer Bermuda sailings with links to information/requirements and reminders to check each countries ' specific requirements. 

Personally Been following the regs since inception back in 2021.

Info is all over social media cruise sites. 

On 5/6/2022 at 1:56 PM, rangeley said:

From NCL Travel Requirements site:

NOTE: Norwegian Cruise Line is working closely with local government and health authorities to gather travel requirements to the destinations we visit. While this information is provided as a courtesy to our guests, destinations we travel to may have very specific entry requirements due to health and safety protocols including potentially booster requirements, additional testing, and mask requirements. It is the responsibility of the guest to ensure they meet the entry requirements for each destination.

I believe all cruise lines have a similar statement.

On 5/6/2022 at 11:55 AM, rangeley said:

We just got back today from sailing on the Joy to Bermuda. Norwegian sent us many emails prior to leaving informing us about the Bermuda TA.  At the pier they did have agents there helping folks but the line was very short so I am guessing everyone had their paperwork in order.  We sailed right on time. 

One bit of advice, if you upload your negative test results and don’t hear within 4 hours , call the Bermuda COVID hotline. They will get your approval to you right away.

Good luck everyone and I hope the weather in Bermuda is as wonderful for you as it was for us last week!

16 hours ago, AmbitionatBay said:

One bit of advice, if you upload your negative test results and don’t hear within 4 hours , call the Bermuda COVID hotline. They will get your approval to you right away.

where is this info coming from ? don't think this will help the process if thousands of people call after 4 hrs , when really, all that matters is that it is approved when you get there .

I know that in most businesses, you can get a lot more work done if you are allowed to do your work. 

I personally hate when people send me me a request at work and call me ASAP as if everything was a rush. when really, it is not.  ( my 2 cents) 

• Like 2

Our travel agent was on the phone with the govt last week. She said they are very aware of the ships' schedules, and will be doing them in order, and they will be done it time if you have done the work on the passenger end. They are working 7 days, 12 hour days. Sad that all of this is unnecessary considering this is required to sail anyway.

• Like 1

I agree.  After we applied, we got a confirmation of our applications, with a file number.  I plan to make paper copies of those emails, and take them to the port.  If any of my info is incomplete, this should lead to our files.

I have not yet made phone calls regarding any aspect of any of our 40+ cruises, and I have not had any problems.

1 hour ago, shipgeeks said:

I agree.  After we applied, we got a confirmation of our applications, with a file number.  I plan to make paper copies of those emails, and take them to the port.  If any of my info is incomplete, this should lead to our files.

I have not yet made phone calls regarding any aspect of any of our 40+ cruises, and I have not had any problems.

Same here, Nancy. I keep paper of everything. I'm a file cabinet girl!

So,e reviews of the recent cruises to Bermuda said the local shopkeepers were annoyed with this, too. The tourists are frustrated with the situation and spending less.

1 hour ago, joyandjerry said:

So,e reviews of the recent cruises to Bermuda said the local shopkeepers were annoyed with this, too. The tourists are frustrated with the situation and spending less.

I'd be more inclined to blame a drop in tourist spending on the stock market woes of the past couple of months and inflation quickly eroding spending power than having to pay $40 pp and dealing with the bureaucracy of the travel authorization process. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CGinMTL said:

where is this info coming from ? don't think this will help the process if thousands of people call after 4 hrs , when really, all that matters is that it is approved when you get there .

I know that in most businesses, you can get a lot more work done if you are allowed to do your work. 

I personally hate when people send me me a request at work and call me ASAP as if everything was a rush. when really, it is not.  ( my 2 cents) 

This was back on April 29 when there was still quite a backlog of applications.  Many people on our cruise did not have their approval until the day of sailing which was very stressful. It appears they made some strides in the approval process since then  All I am saying is if you don’t get the approval, feel free to call.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, njhorseman said:

I'd be more inclined to blame a drop in tourist spending on the stock market woes of the past couple of months and inflation quickly eroding spending power than having to pay $40 pp and dealing with the bureaucracy of the travel authorization process. 

In general,  in my experiences regarding Bermuda,  there are always some who gritch about costs on the island. 

The added TA fees and process has definitely increased grumbling on cruise sites. 

Wouldn't be surprised if some spend less (if any) on the island. 

On 5/10/2022 at 8:35 AM, 1025cruise said:

I'll be honest, paying the $40 for my BTA definitely soured me for spending more money on the island.

Yep. We decided to not spend a dime in Bermuda this coming July.

• Like 1

When applying for the authorisation, can you upload your vaccination cards, OR must you upload the email (electronic proof) confirmation showing your name, d.o.b., date you received the vaccine, type of vaccine, where you received it, etc.

1 hour ago, LadyBerard said:

When applying for the authorisation, can you upload your vaccination cards, OR must you upload the email (electronic proof) confirmation showing your name, d.o.b., date you received the vaccine, type of vaccine, where you received it, etc.

I am a wee confused by the question. Vax card has that information, and that is what you upload and bring to the port.

19 hours ago, LadyBerard said:

Same answer as on your stand-alone thread on this: take a clear photo of your vax card and upload it.  I did it twice with zero issues.  Enjoy your cruise!!

• Like 1