ms Noordam in Port Everglades April 24, 2022

Scrapnana

Sunday will see our penultimate sail-away of a HAL ship (with passengers) for the 21-22 Fort Lauderdale season.

Noordam will be at pier 26 (port to) from 4:45 am to 4 pm.  She is headed out on a 17/21-day Panama Canal cruise to get her into position for her summer in Alaska.

Cruise itinerary map for Holland America Line 17 Night Panama Canal (95862)           Cruise itinerary map for Holland America Line 21 Night Panama Canal (95863)

The only other cruise ship in port is Celebrity Equinox at pier 25 from 6 am - 4 pm.

The PTZtv webcam can be found at https://www.portevergladeswebcam.com/ .

Next up without passengers:  Zaandam will arrive on 4/27 to pier 19 at 7 am and leave on 4/28 at 5 pm.  I expect she will return without passengers at least one more time after that.

Next up with passengers:  Zaandam on May 12.

• Thanks 4

Thanks, Kathi,  for the thread and the extra info on Zaandam.

Only 2 ships in port and we are still blocked in. Without the other cams, we can't see the BHBs until they reach the basin, but a ship in front - cam be a potential delay. 😞

7 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

According to the PEV schedule Zaandam is back again May 9/10 after this Wednesday.

Is that when she will start her repositioning to Boston for the New England/Canada season?  

5 hours ago, St Pete Cruiser said:

Big day for the Noordam as ship resumes cruises after over 2 years.  

Yes!  I hope there will be someone on this first cruise that will post the embarkation/welcoming experience that they received by the crew.  

• Like 1

On a side note. I can’t believe HAL can’t leave a ship in Florida for the summer. I looked at the June Alaska sailings and they’re $299 for insides and $799 for a veranda. Plus all the fuel just to get there.  They can’t get people to pay those fares in Florida?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Yes!  I hope there will be someone on this first cruise that will post the embarkation/welcoming experience that they received by the crew.  

Welcome experience was great. VeriFLY works! Went around about 100 people because of it. Now if you will excuse me I need to verify the experience of Happy Hour.

Edited by ShipWalker
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ShipWalker said:

Welcome experience was great. VeriFLY works! Went around about 100 people because of it. Now if you will excuse me I need to verify the experience of Happy Hour.

Thank you for the information!  And, by all means, don't miss Happy Hour!  Bon Voyage!  

24 minutes ago, travelnap said:

They have moved the Noordam departure time back to 6:00 now.

Not surprising to me.  Since this will be her first cruise in two years, and with how many new crew members in all Departments, it's important that as many as can are "on the same page" when it comes to what needs to be accomplished for sailing.  

• Like 2