Freestyle cup

The last time I was I sailed on Royal Caribbean and got the deluxe drink package, I don’t think I ever got my freestyle cup. I was more concerned with the alcoholic drinks. This time I’ll make sure I’m able to get them all, but when and where do you get the freestyle cups?  Will they already be in our cabin, or will we have to get them from somewhere?

11 minutes ago, ineed-a-vacation said:

Will they already be in our cabin, or will we have to get them from somewhere?

That depends on the ship, but if not in the cabin it will be at one of the drink venues or maybe at GS. 

• Like 1

On my last two sailings, we just asked at the bar, they checked our sea pass card and handed them over to us.  They said  the reason they weren't putting them in the rooms is because so many people just don't use them.  This could vary from ship to ship, I suppose.  

Edited by rockmom
  • Like 4

49 minutes ago, waykaylincruz said:

But isn't the freestyle cup required to use the drink machines?

Yes, but when you buy the package, not everyone wants to use the Freestyle machines. They want the cocktails and never use the freestyle machine--therefore, no need for the cup. 

3 hours ago, ineed-a-vacation said:

The last time I was I sailed on Royal Caribbean and got the deluxe drink package, I don’t think I ever got my freestyle cup. I was more concerned with the alcoholic drinks. This time I’ll make sure I’m able to get them all, but when and where do you get the freestyle cups?  Will they already be in our cabin, or will we have to get them from somewhere?

On my last trip they didn't put it in our cabin.  We were able to get one at a table outside of Sorrento's where they were selling packages.  Just showed the card.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, matj2000 said:

Why would anyone want that stu&id cup?

Fill mine with icebucket water and ice for the nightstand so I don't need to getup everytime for a cold glass of water during the night. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, matj2000 said:

Why would anyone want that stu&id cup?

For the reasons others have mentioned, for putting my drink from the pool into it, water on the side of the bed, or for when I actually want to use the Freestyle machine and because I paid for it.

Not even sure why you even responded.  You brought nothing to the conversation except negativity.

• Like 3

Are the freestyle cups the same on every ship? I left mine on the ship after my first cruise, thinking I would never cruise again..LOL. Went on #2 in Jan. and have two more scheduled. Can I just bring my cup from my recent cruise, or do I have to get a new one each time? Not trying to get out of paying, just trying not to waste them.

Just now, footeam said:

Can I just bring my cup from my recent cruise, or do I have to get a new one each time?

An "activated" cup (meaning one you used in a Freestyle machine) can be used for about two weeks after which it should stop working - the design doesn't matter, the chip in the bottom of the cup determines that. To your original question, the design/look of the cups can change between ships and in time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If you never activated it on your previous cruise you should be able to activate it on your next cruise.

If we never used ours on March cruise, we can use it in May? Would it have been activated with the Freestyle machine?

I used mine for water in our stateroom, my husband's is still in the shrink-wrap.