Are you thinking about cancelling your cruise?

gordylad

I will definitely NOT cancel, this will be the third attempt of my two weeks of pre-cruise in Frankfurt/Wiesbaden and the transatlantic in the Summit (Iceland and Greenland), I have 3 doses of Pfizer and before the trip I will apply the second booster, I will also will protect myself to the maximum with double mask and social distancing

• Like 2

I have a July 30 Beyond sailing from Barcelona to Rome. Half the fare was a credit that has to be used in 2022.  Not worried about getting Covid, but am very worried about being moved from a suite to a cabin without fresh air, and it is not at all alleviated by getting a refund if that happens.  I would happily sail if the risk were quarantine in my own cabin, which is the case on several other major cruise lines.  

I just don’t know if I cancel do I lose the funds, lose only the half that was FCC, or get a credit that is useless because I would still have to take the risk of OV quarantine in 2022.  I really do not think it is fair to require people to cruise under that risk or lose their credits.   

• Like 2

We cancelled today for the Solstice May 6th. I was told capacity would be 60%, checked this morning and I was told 80%. Hated to cancel, but would hate more getting sick, and am not at all,pleased the way they are treating the sick passengers. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, mikewomb said:

not at all,pleased the way they are treating the sick passengers. 

Write to Lisa and tell her why you cancelled. This is the only way things will improve.

• Like 2

Cancelled our Summit September cruise yesterday after having read various reports around quarantining on Celebrity. We had to quarantine for 10 days on our recent Viking cruise and had two balcony cabins and meals on proper plates!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Berlin Bear said:

Cancelled our Summit September cruise yesterday after having read various reports around quarantining on Celebrity. We had to quarantine for 10 days on our recent Viking cruise and had two balcony cabins and meals on proper plates!

Well the draconian quarantine measure on Celebrity are the straw that broke my back. Glad to hear you were treated well on Viking. Celebrity should be ashamed of themselves. People are not going to report symptoms when they know exactly how they are going to be treated. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On 4/27/2022 at 1:47 PM, Covepointcruiser said:

Everyone needs to vacation in those magical all inclusive resorts where no one ever tests positive before they leave.    No worries about being isolated or not returning home on time.

We just returned and it was magical. The best part was that we were allowed to use documentation of recent infection to avoid ALL testing. Loved it and going back 2x in the next 9 months.

6 hours ago, CNPGOLF said:

If your one of those vacationers that has to have everything planned out and cannot have any uncertainty then cruising for the near term is not for you. 

This is a gross simplification but safe travels nonetheless 

3 hours ago, RichYak said:

Write to Lisa and tell her why you cancelled. This is the only way things will improve.

Thanks for the suggestion - will do

My DH and I are getting excited for our Apex cruises in the fall.  Even though canceling is always a possibility, staying at an all inclusive resort is just not for us; we have been there and done that, so it is just not an option.  However, it certainly has its place, but personally, I have to move and see places that have a difference in culture, history, food and beauty.  Yes, there is a risk of quarantine, but that risk is nothing compared to the risk of not cruising.  I am very aware that shipboard' life may not be what it was before Covid, but I am not the person I was before Covid either.  Choices are good, so whatever you choose, go for it!  Look at all the people who have not been quarantined on a cruise...

***Celebrity just needs to consider allowing us to stay in our own cabin/suite!!!  

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, mikewomb said:

We cancelled today for the Solstice May 6th. I was told capacity would be 60%, checked this morning and I was told 80%. Hated to cancel, but would hate more getting sick, and am not at all,pleased the way they are treating the sick passengers. 

Where did you get the capacity info? Would like some info for our cruise.

Yes, I'd like to cancel!!!! Not because of covid or quarantine but because of the ridiculous testing schedule for Italy which Celebrity don't seem to be able to communicate properly.  My first and last Celebrity cruise hangs in the balance because Celebrity are so ludicrous with relaying proper and concise information to their passengers. What a bloomin' shower ....

Edited by Megabear2
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Peteymil said:

Where did you get the capacity info? Would like some info for our cruise.

I just called the main number, when I spoke with someone I ask that question. She called revenue and then got back on the line. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mikewomb said:

Been there, did that in January.  It was a tough decision, but the right one. We knew people who sailed on that cruise. It was the cruise from hell. People got sick.  No entertainment and canceled ports made that cruise a real disappointment.  

• Like 2

Just cancelled today my August 8 Beyond cruise out of Rome. Too many issues and risks in a foreign country. Will limit myself to sailing out of US ports. Tough decision for sure. Scheduled for next 2 Februarys out of Ft Lauderdale in the Caribbean in my Sky Suite. But until tests to return to the US are eliminated and quarantine rules on board significantly change its a no go.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Because everyone believes Celebrity is so lacking in their handling of COVID passengers, you should look into other lines.    You may find one that will treat you as you expect when you come down with COVID.    Check the threads for other lines and find one when folks are happy with their time in isolation or quarantine.    Book your next cruise on that line.

7 minutes ago, Covepointcruiser said:

Because everyone believes Celebrity is so lacking in their handling of COVID passengers, you should look into other lines.    You may find one that will treat you as you expect when you come down with COVID.    Check the threads for other lines and find one when folks are happy with their time in isolation or quarantine.    Book your next cruise on that line.

I think it just isn’t worth the hassle or your health.  I think Celebrity could do a better job 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Covepointcruiser said:

That’s why I said look for another line, one where the COVID positive passengers are happy or at least satisfied.

You are missing my point. I am not paying a large sum of money to get covid. It is really simple. I don’t think it is safe right now. Everyone has their own risk tolerances..what is okay for you isn’t okay for us. After 55 cruises I don’t want to have to worry about covid. I hope that is okay with you. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

Yes, I'd like to cancel!!!! Not because of covid or quarantine but because of the ridiculous testing schedule for Italy which Celebrity don't seem to be able to communicate properly.  My first and last Celebrity cruise hangs in the balance because Celebrity are so ludicrous with relaying proper and concise information to their passengers. What a bloomin' shower ....

It’s not Celebrity’s fault what Italy requires. Italy relaxed some protocols and last Friday testing moved from 1 day prior to 2. Something must have happened to make them change it back to 1 day today. Maybe there were too many positive cases on the TA and by moving it back they hope to lessen it? Not sure. We sail next week. We were so happy to be able to test Wednesday morning and then fly to Rome for our Friday sailing. Now we will have to test as soon as we arrive in Rome. It is what it is

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

I really need a vacation and am not cancelling our October cruise. 
I got too good a deal and I won’t be able to get this deal again. I think we’ll be fine. 

I am with you; we got a great deal on a Sky Suite on the Reflection in August that is $1200pp less than today's price. We also snagged business class flights to Rome for less than $2400pp RT. I am not giving these great deals up. Anyone who wants to cancel that is your call. However, if you are canceling until Covid is over you may never be on a cruise again, Covid is here to stay, and we just need to find ways to live with it like the seasonal flu.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, terrydtx said:

I am with you; we got a great deal on a Sky Suite on the Reflection in August that is $1200pp less than today's price. We also snagged business class flights to Rome for less than $2400pp RT. I am not giving these great deals up. Anyone who wants to cancel that is your call. However, if you are canceling until Covid is over you may never be on a cruise again, Covid is here to stay, and we just need to find ways to live with it like the seasonal flu.

We will be cruising again. Just not overseas for the present. Will limit to leaving from US ports. That gives me the Caribbean, Alaska and Bermuda. Enough until it all improves. No return test, no quarantine on ship in other cabins, no required quarantine in a foreign country. 

We cancelled our August 24 day cruise.  We rebooked a 7 night Bermuda.  This feels less risky for ship quarantine.  Just last evening we returned home from a land vacation in Munich.  It was wonderful.  The required US COVID test was a bit stressful, but, we passed.  I think for Bermuda we will do a proctored test.

10 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

That’s why I said look for another line, one where the COVID positive passengers are happy or at least satisfied.

And what line is that?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Virginia100 said:

We will be cruising again. Just not overseas for the present. Will limit to leaving from US ports. That gives me the Caribbean, Alaska and Bermuda. Enough until it all improves. No return test, no quarantine on ship in other cabins, no required quarantine in a foreign country. 

You'll also have Pacific Coastal and Mexican Riviera as options. BUT from what I am reading, you can still be quarantined in a different cabin from the one you originally purchased as things are right now.

Just mentioning. 

• Like 2