Less and less Rapid and PCR tests are becoming available, now what?

1 hour ago, runner2013 said:

I've noticed our CVS is offering Rapid antigen test with provider.. It says this type of test may not be suitable for travel. 

Has anyone happen to know if this specific type of test is approved by the cruise lines? We'd hate to do one and get to the pier only to be rejected for not having it 'performed' by an accepted health care individual

Thanks 

The CVS Rapid Antigen Test is accepted by RC. Also the Rapid NAAT Test done at Walgreens. 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, davekathy said:

The CVS Rapid Antigen Test is accepted by RC. Also the Rapid NAAT Test done at Walgreens. 

I know the regular antigen tests given by a nurse are accepted. But this type of antigen test says it may not be accepted for travel. That is my concern🙂

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, runner2013 said:

I know the regular antigen tests given by a nurse are accepted. But this type of antigen test says it may not be accepted for travel. That is my concern🙂

No worries. Both tests I posted are accepted by RC in order to board their ships. Don't get hung up on the word "travel". Speaking from experience. 

FYI...https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/if-need-an-rt-pcr-test-before-i-cruise-where-should-i-go

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, runner2013 said:

Currently on Mariner.  Boarded on Saturday, presented Walgreens NAAT rapid test, was completely accepted.  Or we would not be here in Aruba right now.  😉 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 5/9/2022 at 5:36 PM, karena1 said:

I will say, I just looked our our CVS - we live in Fort Myers - and I could book 13 days out.  So ours still is giving lots of time.  We don't need one until end of June since we are going to Punta Cana this month, but will need one for our Freedom cruise 6/24

We also live in Fort Myers and have been doing our testing for cruising through Lee County. They use Nomi Health and the testing is free and have results within an hour. We will be using them next week. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, vegascruiser1 said:

We also live in Fort Myers and have been doing our testing for cruising through Lee County. They use Nomi Health and the testing is free and have results within an hour. We will be using them next week. 

We have used them also, but only when they were at the ball park.  Don't want to drive all the way downtown if we don't have to.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, karena1 said:

We have used them also, but only when they were at the ball park.  Don't want to drive all the way downtown if we don't have to.

The ballpark was much easier, but driving time is about the same for both for us. 

On 5/10/2022 at 12:10 PM, runner2013 said:

It will be accepted as it was on Enchantment sailings in March. I used CVS for cruises in October & December, there was no "may not be accepted" wordage at that time. I noticed the "may not be accepted" was present for testing in March which caused concern. I presented the CVS results at the terminal, accepted just as for the October & December cruises.

• Like 2

On 5/6/2022 at 7:49 AM, DJLDRUMS said:

Over the past few weeks CVS and Walgreens have drastically reduced both test sights and appointments. This is becoming a problem where tests have to still be performed two days before embarkation and in some cases the PCR test results are taking two days to come back with the results. One person told me that Walgreens never provided them with the results of a Rapid Test, though fortunately they were not taking a cruise. Flying from point A to Florida is only three hours but being denied boarding because of not getting back test results will certainly ruin a cruise. Has anyone run into this situation, if so what did you do. Thanks in advance to those who replied.

Same in NJ big decrease 

On 5/9/2022 at 12:53 AM, sailor05 said:

Anyone heard of Azova? It's an online company that will proctor tests that you have or can buy locally. Just wonder if it would work for Royal's requirements. I have a ton of the Flowflex tests because of the gov't requiring insurance companies to pay for them. I got a bunch from them. 

I've used Azova multiple times to proctor tests to enter the United States by air, both with US acquired Flowflex brand tests and Canadian acquired Rapid Response tests.

They have an affiliation with the manufacturers they proctor tests for, so it meets the CDC requirements for US entry and cruise lines. 

Haven't personally used them to board a cruise yet but I'm sure it would be fine. 

Edited by cmich068
  • Like 2

On 5/6/2022 at 7:07 AM, D4 said:

We did the emed proctored tests.  I watched several videos people posted on YouTube of them doing their tests.  The videos were very helpful to understand the process.

If you get the emed tests, be sure you don’t open the individual test kit box until the proctor tells you to.

Replied to wrong post.

Edited by pcur

On 5/6/2022 at 6:57 AM, smokeybandit said:

For anyone who has done the binax tests, you know what a joke they are. I can't believe they are accepted for all the ways those could be "modified" especially since the proctor relies on you to tell them if you're negative or not

I've used them 5 times for RCCL cruises.  They always have me show the test results with the camera on my iphone switched to the back. Then, verbally confirm. 

5 hours ago, cmich068 said:

I've used Azova multiple times to proctor tests to enter the United States by air, both with US acquired Flowflex brand tests and Canadian acquired Rapid Response tests.

They have an affiliation with the manufacturers they proctor tests for, so it meets the CDC requirements for US entry and cruise lines. 

Haven't personally used them to board a cruise yet but I'm sure it would be fine. 

Good to know someone's had good luck with them, thank you. As part of the government requiring insurance to provide tests I have a BUNCH of the Flowflex tests on hand. I'll  let all 8 in my group have them and use this service.

On 5/10/2022 at 5:47 PM, vegascruiser1 said:

What perfect timing!  My niece just told me about Nomi Health. I had never heard of them.  Thank you for sharing.  

• Like 1