VERIFLY?

We used Verifly to board the Legend two weeks ago. It was easy to do.

They asked us when they looked at our boarding passes if we had used it. We said yes. They asked to see our Verifly, we held up our cell phones and we walked onto the ship. I am posting this to remind everyone that Verifly is the new way to travel. We are flying on American Airlines on 5/19 and they have asked us to use Verifly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vicky3vicky said:

What exactly is verifly? Where do we find it and how soon before a cruise are we supposed to do it, whatever "IT" is? ty

It’s an app. Go to the App Store on your phone, find VeriFLY, and create a profile and go from there. It tells you step by step what to do.

1 hour ago, vicky3vicky said:

What exactly is verifly? Where do we find it and how soon before a cruise are we supposed to do it, whatever "IT" is? ty

It is a phone app that you upload your covid documents to. If you use it you shave about a minute, maybe two, off your check in time at the cost of spending anywhere from ten minutes to half an hour uploading info on the app. Then, sometimes they want the paper anyway.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I tried it for the Mardi Gras in February and it was a disaster.  Difficult to use, spent way too much time on it, and then they hardly glanced at it and requested all the paperwork anyway.  I swore I wouldn’t do it again, but gave in this week.  As mentioned above, I spent way more time fighting it than I will save, but it is ready to use tomorrow morning to board the Paradise.  We’ll see how it goes this time.

We used it for our Freedom cruise a couple of weeks ago.

It speeds up the checkin process but the individual time savings is minimal.

The benefit will be to Carnival when trying to board 3000 people.

I know there are many opinions on this, but we're in the not using it group still. We just went on our cruise last month, out of Tampa. We each had our passport, our vax card & our vax results all bundled together. The guy said how great it was, and he wished more people had it organized like that. It took us about 2 minutes in total, and that's partially because we were talking with our friends. LOL! At the time, and even now, I'm hearing of people having problems with the app... documents not uploading, error messages, incorrect documents, etc... So for me, personally, until it's been more worked out and the kinks are done, I'll stick to paper. Just put each person's stuff together, and you're good to go!

1 hour ago, kctwinmommy said:

The guy said how great it was, and he wished more people had it organized like that. 

and what exactly would you expect a professional customer facing service representative to say? 

• Haha 1

Guest BasicSailor
2 hours ago, jetsfan58 said:

Haven't been successful to date with this system. Sticking to the old fashioned hard copies! Works every time.

I found it a bit confusing, but not at all that hard to understand after a few attempts at correcting.

It was really a fast access to board, beats the old system.

11 hours ago, jerseyralph said:

I am posting this to remind everyone that Verifly is the new way to travel. We are flying on American Airlines on 5/19 and they have asked us to use Verifly. 

Nope,  not gonna happen. American asked us the same thing and got a flat out no as an answer.

Verifly is difficult to use and only works about 50% of the time.  We'll stick with paper.

37 minutes ago, TeresaJ said:

We used it for our cruise a few weeks ago. It was easy and we had no issues. Boarding was super quick since we didn't have to pull out any documents!

An advantage of paper over cell phone is that the paper will not break if I drop it on the floor while fumbling with carry on.

15 hours ago, BasicSailor said:

I found it a bit confusing, but not at all that hard to understand after a few attempts at correcting.

It was really a fast access to board, beats the old system.

Sounds great. Please tell us your secret? 

17 hours ago, klfrodo said:

and what exactly would you expect a professional customer facing service representative to say? 

He didn't have to say anything at all... I don't know! I was just commenting on what he said, since not all people who work in customer service actually belong there. Because let's face it, there are still people who show up with all the papers, still trying to pull them out, looking through things, figuring out what they need, etc...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, kctwinmommy said:

He didn't have to say anything at all... I don't know! I was just commenting on what he said, since not all people who work in customer service actually belong there. Because let's face it, there are still people who show up with all the papers, still trying to pull them out, looking through things, figuring out what they need, etc...

and some of us have enough smarts to show up with all the papers in order and readily accessible.

• Haha 1

I have a theory on Verifly.  They offload all the vaccine card and test checking to a smaller team of experts.  This way you do not have decisions made by random check in contractors.  And the exposure to HIPAA data is restricted to fewer people.   And you can enter it all once for multiple trips?   

8 hours ago, jetsfan58 said:

Sounds great. Please tell us your secret? 

there is no secret. I think a lot of the bugs have been worked out.

They asked us at the terminal last week if we did verifly and then just checked both mine and my wifes and off we went.

We used Verifly for our April cruise and it was great. Had a small problem getting my husband's picture (it actually worked but I didn't realize it)  Other than that - very simple to use and I am a senior (70). At the port we got through the initial check faster than at least 5 couples ahead of us. Quick glance at the approval and away we go. The others stood there while the agent went through all their paper work. But MORE IMPORTANT ... we sped up the process for the people behind us. If everyone used it the COVID checking would be so quick.

• Like 3

On 5/8/2022 at 5:39 PM, CruisingAgain said:

We used Verifly for our April cruise and it was great. Had a small problem getting my husband's picture (it actually worked but I didn't realize it)  Other than that - very simple to use and I am a senior (70). At the port we got through the initial check faster than at least 5 couples ahead of us. Quick glance at the approval and away we go. The others stood there while the agent went through all their paper work. But MORE IMPORTANT ... we sped up the process for the people behind us. If everyone used it the COVID checking would be so quick.

You make an excellent point, CruisingAgain!  Any way to speed up embarkation a little bit per person can make a real impact on the process overall for everyone.  We just used Verifly a few weeks ago in Charleston and it was very smooth and quick. I have already set up all of my future cruises on my Verifly app except for my COVID test results of course.  Will see how it goes again when I cruise in June!

• Like 1