Simone Biles named Godmother of Celebrity Beyond

dkjretired

Just received Email from Royal that Simone Biles has been named godmother of Celebrity Beyound.  Just the first paragraph of the email.

MIAMI, May 10, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- Celebrity Cruises announced today that Simone Biles, 19-time World Champion and seven-time Olympic Medalist, will add another very special title to her decorated career – godmother for Celebrity BeyondSM, the industry's most highly anticipated ship of the year that recently debuted in Europe.

Edited by dkjretired
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3

• dkjretired changed the title to Simone Biles named Godmother of Celebrity Beyond
22 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Not a frequent cruiser.  I expect they've done this for a long time?  Just first time I'm reading about it.

You mean have a godmother for a ship? Yes, it's a thing. 😊

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

Not a frequent cruiser.  I expect they've done this for a long time?  Just first time I'm reading about it.

Every Celebrity ship has a godmother, usually a press release when they announce and then more publicity at Christening.  

Perhaps the most famous godmother of a Celebrity Ship is Moustafa Youseff, Nobel Peace prize winner.

Edited by dkjretired
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, hcat said:

Be happy it is not the Goop lady!

I’d rather Covetton House have shops on Celebrity instead of Goop.  

And I’ve seen Ms Biles interviewed and in action, and she is a Great pick. 

Edited by Denny01
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, dkjretired said:

Every Celebrity ship has a godmother, usually a press release when they announce and then more publicity at Christening.  

Perhaps the most famous godmother of a Celebrity Ship is Moustafa Youseff, Nobel Peace prize winner.

Not just just Celebrity- this is a custom that goes back hundreds of years, at least. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, hcat said:

Be happy it is not the Goop lady!

Why even bring this up?  How about being happy for a women that did great things for US gymnastics and pointed out some horrible flaws in the system?  Instead you refer to a topic unrelated and got #Denny01 to jump on board.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, dkjretired said:

I think you meant Malala Yousafzai??

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, Oville said:

Why even bring this up?  How about being happy for a women that did great things for US gymnastics and pointed out some horrible flaws in the system?  Instead you refer to a topic unrelated and got #Denny01 to jump on board.

Could someone get on the loudspeaker?  Apparently a pax has lost their sense of humor.  Has anyone seen it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Celebrity Beyond has the good fortune to have a godmother who is a world champion that had success and disappointment on a very public stage.  Simone Biles has faced and overcome obstacles and adversity.  She knows how to soar through the air, and how to pick herself up when she falls on the floor.  She has been dedicated, strong, agile, and graceful in the gym and in most every part of her life. 

I think it is good for Ms. Biles to have received this honor.

Edited by cruisefam38
  • Like 6

16 hours ago, Oville said:

I am happy it is Ms Biles.  I  was expressing  relief we were not saddled with a bad choice whose GOOP connection with Celebrity disappointing to me.

Denny is his own man!

Agree let's Celebrate!

• Like 2

These always trigger a certain subset of people. If you want a real head scratcher I did recently see that Discovery Princess named four God Parents. Randy Fenoli, Chef Alex Guarnaschelli, Adam Savage and Page Turner Christen. I think they sent out a mass email to talent agencies and took anyone that would agree to being named. 

• Haha 1