On Allure Now And I Got Covid So Now What?

Thanks for sharing your quarantine journey with us! It sounds like Royal has gotten better protocols than what they did in the beginning. I am much less concerned now about what happens if I test positive on my upcoming cruises. You sure are a trooper! Hang in there and feel better soon! We're all cheering for you! Oh yeah, hope that chocolate martini finds its way to your door! Cheers!🍸

• Like 5

Sorry to hear that you have Covid.  Hope that your symptoms are mild and you feel better soon.  You did the right thing by testing and finding out that you have Covid and isolating, preventing the spread to others.  Thanks for sharing your experiences. Take care and be well.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ashland said:

I think I might be fine in quarantine if I had free movies, internet, my drink vouchers and could order from the MDR menu....and a cabin with a bathtub...which is a must for me.  

4 out of the 5 you would get. No bathtubs in OV cabins. 😉

• Like 2

Just now, ReneeFLL said:

Only a tea bag and no hot water or anything? How are your symptoms and how long have you been in quarantine and time left? What kind of room are you in? Hope you are also feeling better soon.

Yep just a tea bag! We'd actually asked for green tea but they didn't have any. 

Honestly I've lost track of time - my husband tested positive first thing on day 4 of 8. I tested positive the next day. According to the app we're at day 7. We'll need to be put in a hotel in Seattle after the cruise and have flights changed - still waiting to hear on that. We're both feeling rather rubbish - fuzzy/sore head is the main thing at the moment with periods of shivers. First signs were sore throat and stuffy nose. It does feel like a bad cold, except this part of the cold usually lasts only a few hours and I think with covid it's going to last a few days.  Have spent most of the time in bed. Hoping to get 'up' today, which may just mean wrapped in a duvet on the sofa but small steps!

They moved us to an oceanview on deck 3. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Just now, davekathy said:

Solution...don't get sick. Which you've been successful at.👍

Yes we have...just got our 2nd booster yesterday and hopefully will stay healthy. Next cruises in July, Sept and Oct doing our best.:classic_ninja:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

I think I might be fine in quarantine if I had free movies, internet, my drink vouchers and could order from the MDR menu....and a cabin with a bathtub...which is a must for me.  

I was told I had free movies but haven’t checked it out yet, I was refunded for the internet I purchased and was given free internet, I can order from the MDR and I have heard you can get some drinks but I haven’t tried it yet. No bueno on the bath tub.

2 hours ago, lizzius said:

I'm guessing you must have an idea of what room number the other quarantinees are in... Could you give them a ring?

I have people on both sides of me and up and down the hallway. I wouldn’t feel comfortable calling them.

5 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I was told I had free movies but haven’t checked it out yet, I was refunded for the internet I purchased and was given free internet, I can order from the MDR and I have heard you can get some drinks but I haven’t tried it yet. No bueno on the bath tub.

I have people on both sides of me and up and down the hallway. I wouldn’t feel comfortable calling them.

You could tap on the wall like a POW and see if they tap back. image.png.4a1e6a22f5a2247107c7a253cece1525.png

• Haha 18

54 minutes ago, Ryalie1 said:

Yep just a tea bag! We'd actually asked for green tea but they didn't have any. 

Honestly I've lost track of time - my husband tested positive first thing on day 4 of 8. I tested positive the next day. According to the app we're at day 7. We'll need to be put in a hotel in Seattle after the cruise and have flights changed - still waiting to hear on that. We're both feeling rather rubbish - fuzzy/sore head is the main thing at the moment with periods of shivers. First signs were sore throat and stuffy nose. It does feel like a bad cold, except this part of the cold usually lasts only a few hours and I think with covid it's going to last a few days.  Have spent most of the time in bed. Hoping to get 'up' today, which may just mean wrapped in a duvet on the sofa but small steps!

They moved us to an oceanview on deck 3. 

Sorry to hear that you have it worse than me. I haven’t had any chills yet and just really stuffy nose and coughing. The OTC stuff helps with a lot of it, but not all. When I order tea I’ll make sure I also order the hot water. I might also need to tell them I will need a cup for it too. 😃  Sorry with the flights and hotels you will have to deal with after it.

52 minutes ago, Ryalie1 said:

Movies can't be guaranteed either - they didn't load any for the cruise I'm on 😞

I would definitely call if you want to watch some.

43 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Any compensation if we were staying in an OS and they had to move us to an OV...that would suck !!!

We were told we would get a pro-rated refund.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I believe compensation is a full refund

That would be nice but I was told pro-rated. 

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

@ReneeFLL B2B didn't test last week, correct?

Is Mike still eating in his cabin?

Correct they didn’t test b2b people. I originally thought they were because I had already been tested 10 times for b2b and didn’t realize they had changed it. Yes Mike is still eating in his cabin. He will get tested again later today for covid.

• Thanks 2

Just now, ReneeFLL said:

😃

I would definitely call if you want to watch some.

We were told we would get a pro-rated refund.

We had a letter to say we'd had movies put on our TV but we called and were told there were no movies loaded for this cruise, for crew or guests. So they're just not available. We used that to argue to receive Surf and Stream internet though, rather than just the Surf (although as it stands, we haven't felt like watching anything to this point. 

I'm still waiting to hear on the refund process - we've been told it's pro-rata for days in quarantine, however our booking confirmation says a FULL refund of the cruise fare. Possibly a difference in UK and US booking terms - Guest Services were going to speak to the UK team, so hopefully we will get that resolved. But by default, it does seem pro-rata. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

…Is the medical staff able to give you any of the true Covid meds?…

I’m not sure since I haven’t heard anything about it. If I hear anything I’ll let you know.

1 hour ago, Ryalie1 said:

First signs were sore throat and stuffy nose. It does feel like a bad cold, except this part of the cold usually lasts only a few hours and I think with covid it's going to last a few days.

my kid had a cold 3 weeks ago and is having one now as well. Both times his sore throat/nasal congestion lasted 4+ days. His last cold ended on day 6. He is on day 4 of his second cold now, still with sore throat and a ton of snot. So, the part with the sore throat and snot last more than a few hours during a cold as well.

P.S. Yes, he got tested for covid and strep both times - negative for both.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

So this is what happened on Monday and this cruise started on Sunday. I started having cold symptoms in the afternoon. I have been on the last 3 cruises and I didn’t leave the ship last week so I know I got it on here.

out of curiosity - had you been wearing a mask indoors during the previous cruising weeks?

• Like 1

Just now, Itchy&Scratchy said:

my kid had a cold 3 weeks ago and is having one now as well. Both times his sore throat/nasal congestion lasted 4+ days. His last cold ended on day 6. He is on day 4 of his second cold now, still with sore throat and a ton of snot. So, the part with the sore throat and snot last more than a few hours during a cold as well.

Sorry yes, I didn't mean to downplay how long colds can go on for either - the sore throats and stuffy noses can go on for days. I was meaning, from my own experience of colds, the peak part where I get shivers and a completely fuzzy head and want to just curl up in bed - that part lasts a few hours/a day max. Other symptoms can last a while. Covid to me right now is feeling like that peak part of a cold, but more relentless. I would usually be able to continue to work through a cold, I think I would have had to take some time off work for this. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Ryalie1 said:

Covid to me right now is feeling like that peak part of a cold, but more relentless. I would usually be able to continue to work through a cold, I think I would have had to take some time off work for this. 

I hope you feel better very soon! And @ReneeFLL as well!

image.jpeg.ee0583fbfa1f675d3bf5c50fbe365729.jpeg

I am usually very miserable even with mere colds. My dad was extremely sick with covid in 2020, and my mom was pretty sick as well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

That would be nice but I was told pro-rated. 

Correct they didn’t test b2b people. I originally thought they were because I had already been tested 10 times for b2b and didn’t realize they had changed it. Yes Mike is still eating in his cabin. He will get tested again later today for covid.

Yes, pro rated, thanks for clarification

Voluntary enforcement? If he has a clean test, will he get run of the ship again

33 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

...Yes Mike is still eating in his cabin. He will get tested again later today for covid.

I might have missed it, but did you say at what point Mike would be fully cleared of restrictions?

Tom

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

All sorts of seasonal bugs are making the rounds now. 

• Like 2