Taking an eMed Covid test before flying home

workstocruise

When you launch the test on emed, it first asks your state of residence. Is it wanting to know where you are taking the test? When I’m in the UK taking the test to fly home, do I still answer with my US state?

2 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

This site was mentioned on a thread a few days ago.  I have no experience with them but like Jim I bookmarked it as a backup.

https://onpoint-testing.com/product/certified-teleservice-covid-testing/

Another one is

https://www.totaltestingsolutions.com/individual-testing/covid-testing/

Both of these companies are based in Southern California, but also have on-sight testing facilities on the West Coast.

28 minutes ago, blackshirt said:

When you launch the test on emed, it first asks your state of residence. Is it wanting to know where you are taking the test? When I’m in the UK taking the test to fly home, do I still answer with my US state?

Yes

1 hour ago, blackshirt said:

I did as there wasn't any other option.  Part of the requirements are you are a U.S. resident. 

Even though I was in the UK when I failed my test they advised both the State and County Health with my failed results.  I started receiving messages from them about quarantining immediately.

Edited by Jim_Iain

1 hour ago, blackshirt said:

Yes, they will have you give U.S. state of residence, then later, will ask where you are actually taking the test..... we've done all of ours on my 13" Mac book air.... easy to tilt the screen, & you don't need a 2nd person holding phone for you 🙂

• Thanks 1

On 5/28/2022 at 11:43 PM, Peteymil said:

We have done this multiple times and have always put the iPad back on the prop, and have never had a problem. When they reconnect you , you must show the bar code again, which assures them that it is the same test. 

But it doesn't prove that you haven't tampered with the test in the meantime. Just because you have gotten away with it multiple times does not mean it's advisable.

• Like 1

On 5/23/2022 at 4:56 PM, BEAV said:

After getting our negative result via email, I was able to download a copy of it to the United app in order to finish the info needed to obtain a boarding pass for the flight home. Maybe the Navica app is necessary for others, but for us flying on United it wasn’t. 

I wonder how United can read the result without knowing the document's password? 

51 minutes ago, RichYak said:

But it doesn't prove that you haven't tampered with the test in the meantime. Just because you have gotten away with it multiple times does not mean it's advisable.

I understand what you are saying. 

Last time I took one of the tests I was at an AirBnB and I setup everything on a cocktail table sitting on the floor I could easily point my phone with the aid of a book or two to cover both the test in front of me about a foot lower than my head and keep the test in view.   Was the easiest test I did.  

When she asked if I had taken a test before and I said yes she asked if I was comfortable withe speeding it up instead of her having to give me detailed instructions.   Worked for me. 

• Like 1

I just checked the Amsterdam requirements for COVID testing, and it now seems to say that on-board testing is going to be available. It will cost $55 per person, and it will be performed within 24 hours prior to debarkation. When I tried to register for it, it only offered a May 30 date; I’m assuming that later sail dates will be made available as those dates approach. I’m hopeful that this solves the problem of either testing off the ship or depending on ship wi-fi when using your own tests. Perhaps someone was actually listening to the concerns of customers?

• Like 1

On 5/29/2022 at 9:31 AM, blackshirt said:

Yes. We had the same situation recently while in Reykjavik. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2022 at 12:11 PM, cruise kitty said:

Yes, they will have you give U.S. state of residence, then later, will ask where you are actually taking the test..... we've done all of ours on my 13" Mac book air.... easy to tilt the screen, & you don't need a 2nd person holding phone for you 🙂

Sorry to barge in, Debbie, hope you are doing well and we all miss you on the "girls thread"...........please come say hello and let us know how you are doing😀

• 2 weeks later...

If using OnPoint for proctor and any at-home test, a lot of the boxes have two tests inside each box.  What if the box was opened previously to use the other test?