The Daily for Saturday 05/28/2022

richwmn

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Terri, the Daily isn't like many of the other threads.  We have Dailyites who cruise other cruise lines, those who cruse HAL exclusively and those like DH and myself cruise HAL and other lines.  All are welcome on the Daily, and all contribute to the thread.

You are definitely part of the Daily family.

Lenda

+1

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Thank you to so many long-time Daily-ites for your assurances that all are welcome on The Daily or, as one Daily-ite posted, "It's always been a friendly, open thread -- not a clique." 

Deeply appreciated,

-Melisa

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Thank you all for your kind comments.  I will put it behind me.  

I will try not to be so sensitive in the future.

A sleepless night didn’t help, but is not an excuse.

Please excuse my sensitive nature tonight.  

Thank you all for your kind words.

Terri

• Like 17

9 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Aloha Kaiku'ana! 

Wishing you and David a great stay at your Maui home. Maybe we will be meeting soon at the Hula Grill. We will be at the Westin Nanea from July 4th til the 30th. My email is abohemiangirl gm..

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Joy❤️,Sorry our paths won’t meet. Joy we fly home on 7/1. Got to get back for 7/4 big celebration! Paisley turns 13 and I have a big one!! Glad to see you both going back!! Hope your sister enjoyed the time at your place last summer!  
Mahalo Kaiku’ana!

🌺Denise😊

• Like 7

It's another sunny Autumn day, just a few white clouds about.

Thanks to @richwmnfor the Daily, to  @rafinmd for the care and celebration lists, and the sunrise/ sunset photos. Thanks for the photos of today's port @bennybear.  Thanks for the food and drink recipes, @dfish I have made the Pork Chops scalloped potatoes recipe that you listed a few weeks ago, it's becoming a regular, ........ good comfort food on these cooler evenings.

@HAL Sailer you are very welcome on the "daily " thread,  it's not a clique, many of us have met other regular posters, either on board a BHB and in our case we have also met when they visited our country, for instance, we have met Roy @rafinmd twice when he has visited our local port.  Also met Rich, @richwmn@aliaschiefand his DW, and  @Copper10-8 , we were honoured to be invited  to meet with him on board the Amsterdam during it's visit out here.

Stay safe, take care everyone.

Edited by erewhon
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, USN59-79 said:

...We now have a collection of free government issued covid tests and I noticed that they all expire in July and August this year.....

Ray

An FYI regarding the U.S. government issued Covid tests:  My iHealth brand tests listed an expiration date of July 2022 also, but I received and email from them stating that, based on data, the FDA has extended the expiration by 3 months to October  2022.  If further data justifies, they will extend the expiration again.  See their notice below:

iHealth COVID-19 Rapid Test Kit Expiration Date Extension – iHealth Labs Inc

~Nancy

Edited by oakridger
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

50 minutes ago, erewhon said:

It's another sunny Autumn day, just a few white clouds about.

Thanks to @richwmnfor the Daily, to  @rafinmd for the care and celebration lists, and the sunrise/ sunset photos. Thanks for the photos of today's port @bennybear.  Thanks for the food and drink recipes, @dfish I have made the Pork Chops scalloped potatoes recipe that you listed a few weeks ago, it's becoming a regular, ........ good comfort food on these cooler evenings.

@HAL Sailer you are very welcome on the "daily " thread,  it's not a clique, many of us have met other regular posters, either on board a BHB and in our case we have also met when they visited our country, for instance, we have met Roy @rafinmd twice when he has visited our local port.  Also met Rich, @richwmn@aliaschiefand his DW, and  @Copper10-8 , we were honoured to be invited  to meet with him on board the Amsterdam during it's visit out here.

Stay safe, take care everyone.

Kia Ora / Hello Phil! Always good to hear from you! 🙂 Kia tupato kia noho haumaru! / Take care and be safe! 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, oakridger said:

An FYI regarding the U.S. government issued Covid tests:  My iHealth brand tests listed an expiration date of July 2022 also, but I received and email from them stating that, based on data, the FDA has extended the expiration by 3 months to October  2022.  If further data justifies, they will extend the expiration again.  See their notice below:

iHealth COVID-19 Rapid Test Kit Expiration Date Extension – iHealth Labs Inc

~Nancy

Thanks for that.  I thought it strange that tests ordered in May would have an expiration date two months later.

Ray

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

Kia Ora / Hello Phil! Always good to hear from you! 🙂 Kia tupato kia noho haumaru! / Take care and be safe! 

@Copper10-8,  Kia Ora,  well done with Te Reo.  (this is the mrs!), have given him your message.

Hope you and your DW are well.   Have you avoided the covid?  to date we have.

• Like 2

It's Sunday in Athens and I'm drinking coffee at a cafe in Plaka, waiting for the Jewish Museum of Greece to open. Walking here from Syntagma I liked hearing the music from the many churches. I left my hat on the bus from the port and need to buy one as soon as possible. Most shops are closed but a few in Plaka are opening.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, erewhon said:

@Copper10-8,  Kia Ora,  well done with Te Reo.  (this is the mrs!), have given him your message.

Hope you and your DW are well.   Have you avoided the covid?  to date we have.

Yes, we have so far, ma'am, knock on wood! You two take care in your beautiful country!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

I am sorry if I took it the wrong way. When I started to post here I was hesitant. I was no longer sailing on HAL but where I felt the most comfortable.  I received a very warm welcome.  

However over the time on other HAL threads I have been made to feel that I should not be posting on the HAL board but on my cruise line of choice.

I felt comfortable here.  

I guess I was just too sensitive today.

Sorry.

Terri

I have never cruised on HAL primarily because we prefer to sail from England and there are no sailings to book unfortunately but I have been made to feel very welcome on here.

The first time I posted on Princess forums someone asked what I was doing on their forums as I mainly posted on Royal Caribbean forums.

I told them we were Princess Elite loyalty but that shouldn't matter.

I believe this is a special place Terri.

Take care.

Graham.

• Like 10

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I have never cruised on HAL primarily because we prefer to sail from England and there are no sailings to book unfortunately but I have been made to feel very welcome on here.

The first time I posted on Princess forums someone asked what I was doing on their forums as I mainly posted on Royal Caribbean forums.

I told them we were Princess Elite loyalty but that shouldn't matter.

I believe this is a special place Terri.

Take care.

Graham.

Thank you Graham,

Time to move on and not dwell on this.

No worries.

Terri

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Good morning from beautiful Southwest Florida.

I haven't posted much but have read a bit in the last 2 days with people having issues with other posters and their threads . I haven't come across anything by other posters than anybody should be upset about. Rich does a great job and he should be commended for his time and effort.  

I haven't seen any meanness from posters like I do on some Baseball fan forums I belong to, everyone here is very civil and extremely caring.

That being said, I know there are quite a few Floridians on The Daily and wonder if any of you have had any problems with the Sahara dust invading Florida in the past week, I have allergy problems and the I've had quite a bit of sneezing this week with just a few coughs.

I'm a little concerned it might be a mild case of Covid but have no other symptoms like sore throat or fever, we cruise 2 weeks from today and what is really concerns me if it is Covid but clears up in a few days, is it likely that I could get a false positive on my rapid test 2 days before the cruise. BTW DW has no symptoms at all. Thanks for any input.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MISTER 67 said:

I haven't posted much but have read a bit in the last 2 days with people having issues with other posters and their threads . I haven't come across anything by other posters than anybody should be upset about. Rich does a great job and he should be commended for his time and effort.  

I haven't seen any meanness from posters like I do on some Baseball fan forums I belong to, everyone here is very civil and extremely caring.

That being said, I know there are quite a few Floridians on The Daily and wonder if any of you have had any problems with the Sahara dust invading Florida in the past week, I have allergy problems and the I've had quite a bit of sneezing this week with just a few coughs.

I'm a little concerned it might be a mild case of Covid but have no other symptoms like sore throat or fever, we cruise 2 weeks from today and what is really concerns me if it is Covid but clears up in a few days, is it likely that I could get a false positive on my rapid test 2 days before the cruise. BTW DW has no symptoms at all. Thanks for any input.

Loss of taste and smell, shivering, overheating and constant cough are the main symptoms of covid.

We have packs of Lateral flow tests at home and Pauline tested positive for 6 days in March after we got off a 14 night cruise on P&O Iona.

I tested negative at the same time.

We both tested negative before our April cruise on P&O Britannia and negative this month before our RC Anthem cruise.

For your own piece of mind why not get some Lateral flow tests and test yourselves nearer your cruise before having your supervised Antigen test to allow you to board your ship.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MISTER 67 said:

For me, I had a sore throat and fever.  i originally thought the sore throat was from the dry landscape in Lanzarote, but then it only got worse and then I had a fever and cough.  i called medical on the ship and, while I test positive on my self antigen test i brought with me, the PCR done by the ship medical staff, showed negative.  I think you should test yourself with a home test at least and see where you are to avoid any surprise at embarkation.

Terri

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Agree with Terri and Graham, @MISTER 67...test, test, test.

The at-home rapid tests seem to be very accurate with the variant going around now.  We did a lot of testing the past couple of weeks, with a number of different brands -- including the government ones -- and the results were always consistent.  DH was positive and I was negative, until he finally also was negative.

Fingers crossed that all goes well for you.  🤞

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@Cruzin Terri 

@grapau27

Thanks for your advice and help, my wife who is a retired RN thinks it's the Saharan dust, she checked my temp an hour ago and it was 97 and she is fine and doesn't suffer from allergies like I do. I have no other symptoms but the sneezing. To play it safe I will  probably on Monday head over to Walgreens and buy a home test.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, AncientWanderer said:

Agree with Terri and Graham, @MISTER 67...test, test, test.

The at-home rapid tests seem to be very accurate with the variant going around now.  We did a lot of testing the past couple of weeks, with a number of different brands -- including the government ones -- and the results were always consistent.  DH was positive and I was negative, until he finally also was negative.

Fingers crossed that all goes well for you.  🤞

Thanks, good advice on the home test.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, MISTER 67 said:

@Cruzin Terri 

@grapau27

Thanks for your advice and help, my wife who is a retired RN thinks it's the Saharan dust, she checked my temp an hour ago and it was 97 and she is fine and doesn't suffer from allergies like I do. I have no other symptoms but the sneezing. To play it safe I will  probably on Monday head over to Walgreens and buy a home test.

Buy it somewhere else.  Walgreens sells the most expensive tests.  If you have a Kroger near you, you can get it much cheaper.  i paid a fortune at Walgreens, then saw a different brand at Kroger for much less.  They all work the same.

Terri

• Like 1