The Daily for Monday 05/30/2022

richwmn

13 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Question for Canadian Dailyites.  I know Victoria Day was last week but have a feeling it is not the same as our Memorial Day.  When do you honour your war dead.  I think in the UK it's in November with poppies always sold on QM2.   Same for you?

Roy

November  11th  and  wear  a  red  poppy the  same  as  uk.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 5

26 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Question for Canadian Dailyites.  I know Victoria Day was last week but have a feeling it is not the same as our Memorial Day.  When do you honour your war dead.  I think in the UK it's in November with poppies always sold on QM2.   Same for you?

Roy

@rafinmd

Screenshot_20220530_200618.jpg

Screenshot_20220530_200548.jpg

Screenshot_20220530_195756_com.android.chrome.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 7

Just got back from the Veterans Cemetery ceremony.  It was a beautiful event and very thought provoking.  The highlight of the ceremony was a fly-over from the Colorado ANG of F-16's!!!!!!  So beautiful.  Definitely brought tears to my eyes, as if I didn't shed quite a few today.  The last assignment for my DH during his USAF career was as an active-duty advisor for a portion of the Colorado and Wyoming Air National Guard units.  I love the Sound of Freedom brought to you by military plans.

Sending prayers for all on the Cares list and a shout-out to all celebrating, especially those enjoying cruises.

• Like 26

20 minutes ago, irishjim said:

Do  you  have  a  photo  of  the  chair assembled.

Thanks  Jim.

No Jim, but I bought it on Amazon.  I will find the photo of it on there and post it here.

It is assembled except for the legs and pedals, which are very easy to attach.

Terri

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon.  The yard work is finished, and for the most part, I'm very pleased with the new mower, trimmer and blower.  They are so much quieter than the electric trimmer and blower and the gasoline pwered lawnmower.  DH likes the mower because he doesn't have to turn up the volume on the tv when I'm mowing.  🤣  I got more done in less time than with the old equipment, and the batteries lasted until I was through.  It's still a learning curve with the adaptive self-propelled feature, but I'll get it figured out.

When I was finished, I realized that besides using clean energy, they are cleaner to use.  We have bare patches in the non-sodded part of the yard.  The old mower would stir up huge clouds of dust and dirt, but not the new one.  When I took my shoes and socks off, I was surprised how little dirt and grass was in them -- not the pile I used to get.  😀

I have enjoyed seeing all the pictures of Kona.  Thank you all who shared their pictures.  I'm afraid if I mentioned names, I would forget one or two people.

@cruzn single Mary Kay, the ceremony at the Veterans cemetery sounds like a very nice one.  Glad you got much needed rain, but sorry it made the celebration of life yesterday soggy.

@durangoscots  Susan, glad you also got rain yesterday.

@Horizon chaser 1957  Laura, first, the botanical prints yesterday were wonderful.  I was lucky today and finished the yard work before it got really hot.  It's still 89F right now.  It was mostly cloudy with occasional sun breaks, and a pretty strong wind to keep things cooler.  Now that I won't be making so much noise, when I gets really hot, I can start earlier without disturbing the neighbors.  I also have a hat and a cooling towel I use on hot days. I also keep a cooler with drinks outside when working in hot weather.

@grapau27  Thank you, Graham, for your nice comments about my pictures.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Here is a photo of it.Hope it helps.

C93AB1E9-4500-490C-92C5-2377F8E5144A.png

This wheelchair will have a new home this afternoon with someone who needs it very badly.  The best part is that I don’t have to send it and we will meet and make the switch in about three hours.

Terri

• Like 40

1 minute ago, Cruzin Terri said:

This wheelchair will have a new home this afternoon with someone who needs it very badly.  The best part is that I don’t have to send it and we will meet and make the switch in about three hours.

Terri

Terri, that js great news.  So glad it's going to someone who really needs it.  That is very nice of you to donate it.

Lenda

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

Thank you for asking Roy , in Canada we call it Remembrance Day  and it is on the 11th of the 11th at 11 am  like in Great Britain  which marks the end of the hostilities during WW1 .

In the Netherlands it is celebrated on May4th  when people commemorate civilians and soldiers who have died in the Kingdom of the Netherlands or elsewhere since the outbreak of the Second World War .  This is on the day before the Netherlands was liberated from *** Germany on May 5th 1945 .

There are official celebrations in Amsterdam and the whole country will stop for 2 minutes , traffic , trains etc etc . The celebrations will than start on May 5th 

Tony 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 7

9 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Terri

That  is  great  news it  will  help.

And thank you  so  much for  the photo.

Jim

• Like 14

Hello family!  We had a lovely day in Halifax today with dry weather.  As we sailed away I was able to take some photos of the Zaandam which was docked nose to nose with us all day.  I thought I'd share with y'all.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJAKHgIUpO2llzOjL_inXhsqCe7ffHDJpwno-pEcjtJnw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1653945259

We made a U-turn around this little island across from downtown Halifax.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJtsLRgFQlD9laL1MApLKcS4xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1653945273

And here's the BHB with the Halifax skyline in the background.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIvfWX43sotAt2YaLwIC3Rk4xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1653945242

Nothing but ocean from now until Reykjavik on Sunday, June 5.  We should get a lot of relaxation in between now and then.  Thanks to DH for letting me use his new "netbook" or whatever this tiny laptop is because it's so much easier to post photos to show you.

Good evening to all.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 8

5 hours ago, Live4cruises said:

@Dismomx5, are you considering Nieuw Amsterdam Panama Canal Ft Lauderdale - San Diego next April?  If so, there’s a Dailyite aboard.  😉

Cheers for all who are celebrating; heartfelt concern for those who are troubled.  

We’re actually booked on the Volendam from FLL to Vancouver. It will be the first time on the Volendam for us. I’m looking forward to trying the smaller ship. I love 💗 the other sizes of ships so we’ll see how this goes….if it does. 

• Like 17

2 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Terri

1 hour ago, dobiemom said:

Thank you, Terri. 😘 This is just in time for my mom’s summer travels. 

This is wonderful!

• Like 16

Good evening, Friends. Thank you for the Daily, the Lists and the Recipes.

It was a nice day here for honoring our fallen heroes. I thank them daily for giving their all for our freedom.

I have a friend who has MS. Some days she does things anyone else does and some days she can do nothing but stay in bed and even that hurts. Prayers that a cure is found soon.

The only way I like tofu is in miso soup, but I would definitely try today's meal with chicken.

DD and DGS left an hour ago. We had some fun in the pools Saturday and Sunday. Did some shopping all three days because DD starts training tomorrow for a new job. She hasn't worked since before DGS was born...he is almost 3 1/2. She has three weeks of training on site, two weeks of training at home and then will work from home.

After another busy weekend full of fun and laughter I am going to put a movie on and relax before going to bed.

@GTVCRUISER happy birthday!

CC is giving me a heck of a time tagging people so I will try again tomorrow.

Good night and sleep well everyone. 

🙏 and 🎉 for those on our lists.

• Like 20

I finally booked my hotel for my September cruise, I am also wondering how crazy I am to book a cruise in a porthole cabin for 10 days. I'd better bring books!

@JAM37  I could not like or thank either.  I posted a laugh, then thought, well maybe CC thinks I shouldnt laugh at a walmart in Haiwaii.  Nope, it was just this page, so I "like" you all!  I logged off the page and came back, and ta da!

For my Dailyite Angels

3dc142e75210ff688157aa5ff8a209df.jpg

357044-Even-Angels-Need-Their-Sleep.jpg

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3