Help. Where is my MDR table? Allure, table 444?

For our upcoming cruise this week on the Allure, I put a request in for our table of 10.  I didn't want to be too specific and needy.  I just requested:  near a window if possible, away from the entry/main walkway.

They were nice enough to respond back!, with a table location of 444.  I assume this means deck 4, but I have no idea where 444 is?  LOL  Anyone of you super researchers have a table layout or seating map for the Allure? (or another Oasis class that may use the same seating locations)

We are early seating traditional dining by the way.

Thanks!!

Dan

It should be port side, not far from a window near the back of the dining room.  We were at table 446, which was a table for10, so it should be close to it.

It was out of the traffic flow.  We had Hadi for a waiter and Kennet as Assistant waiter, and they were both very good.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

It should be port side, not far from a window near the back of the dining room.  We were at table 446, which was a table for10, so it should be close to it.

It was out of the traffic flow.  We had Hadi for a waiter and Kennet as Assistant waiter, and they were both very good.

Thanks for the helpful response!  Sounds like a great location if indeed that close to where our table is located. 

Regarding others mentioning that table number locations change...  It's hard to imaging table numbers changing toooo much otherwise the person walking you back to your table wouldn't know where the heck to go.  There has to be some reasonable consistency from cruise to cruise.

1 hour ago, matj2000 said:

Why don't you just wait until you are on the ship to find location?

Of course I can do that.  This is my parents, nieces, and sisters first cruise.  We are spread out between Michigan and Seattle, WA so our time together at dinner is going to be one of the highlights of the entire cruise and I was hoping to make it as special as possible.  Knowing in advance doesn't change where the table is, but I would be able to give them some exciting news that we have a nice spot for our dinners.

Dan

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Fun Researcher said:

I would be able to give them some exciting news that we have a nice spot for our dinners.

This being their first cruise, they have no idea nor context to know what a "nice" spot is. A better approach would be walk them to the table soon after embarkation and tell them to meet there every night at 5:30PM. If anyone doesn't like that location (even a seating chart provided by the dining folks may not be enough to tell if it's a "nice" spot), then talk to the host requesting a move.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, matj2000 said:

Why don't you just wait until you are on the ship to find location?

Nah, Choice. I request and they send me Table Number and Map location before Cruise. That's way I like it

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

This being their first cruise, they have no idea nor context to know what a "nice" spot is. A better approach would be walk them to the table soon after embarkation and tell them to meet there every night at 5:30PM. If anyone doesn't like that location (even a seating chart provided by the dining folks may not be enough to tell if it's a "nice" spot), then talk to the host requesting a move.

I get what you're saying.  I was hoping from my original request that a table map would exist and show us roughly where our table would be.  We've sailed enough with Royal to have a good enough feel just from that if we needed to physically check out our table prior to showing up at 5:30.  We're not super picky.  I just don't want to be by the entrance to the dining room or on a main path were you have other guests buzzing your chairs our entire meal.  🙂

Just the fact that we're deck 4, which is one of the upper levels bodes well already.  Plus, the fact that they sent the table location means (hopefully) that they tried to accommodate our request.  If we have time I'll have us all swing by the MDR when we embark 1) to show them how beautiful the MDR is, and 2) show them our table and see if it'll work.

Dan

• Haha 1

User name checks out, they are a cruise researcher.  I like it.  I too feel that MDR table maps should exist, but we have all encountered some very incoherent numbering schemes at times.

I like too there are folks on CC that are eager and excited by a MDR experience and the chance to share that with family.  And in the same thread, someone possible so bored at MDR, they are reading/replying to a CC thread (grin).  I mean tiramisu should be the priority folks, put down the phone and get your fork at the ready, smirk.

And sure, there is such a thing as "too much" advance reconnaissance.  Especially with photos and videos, one should often leave the much of the "discovery" of a ship and ports to your own senses.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Who did you place your request with ?  Was email or called in?  I am curious.  I would also love to try to request a table for 10 near a window for our group traveling July 31, 2022 on Allure.  Thanks in advance for any info anyone has to share how to go about doing this.  

7 hours ago, We Be Floatin ! said:

Who did you place your request with ?  Was email or called in?  I am curious.  I would also love to try to request a table for 10 near a window for our group traveling July 31, 2022 on Allure.  Thanks in advance for any info anyone has to share how to go about doing this.  

You can email your request to rcldining@rccl.com about 2-3 weeks before the cruise.  No reason to do it much earlier than that, as they are working on seating for prior cruises. 

• Like 1

On 6/7/2022 at 1:51 PM, The Fun Researcher said:

I get what you're saying.  I was hoping from my original request that a table map would exist and show us roughly where our table would be.  We've sailed enough with Royal to have a good enough feel just from that if we needed to physically check out our table prior to showing up at 5:30.  We're not super picky.  I just don't want to be by the entrance to the dining room or on a main path were you have other guests buzzing your chairs our entire meal.  🙂

Just the fact that we're deck 4, which is one of the upper levels bodes well already.  Plus, the fact that they sent the table location means (hopefully) that they tried to accommodate our request.  If we have time I'll have us all swing by the MDR when we embark 1) to show them how beautiful the MDR is, and 2) show them our table and see if it'll work.

Dan

But you’re not super picky….🤪

• Haha 3

Just circling back to say that table 444 on the Allure was a fantastic location and the wait staff was top notch.

The table is located at the very port rear of deck 4 dining.  It was a 10 person oval table located right next to 2 windows and out of the way from any busy walkway or bussing areas.

Our head waiter, I WAYAN, and assistant waiter AKHMAD were amazing, and the head waiter Maurice was amazing with my niece who has dietary restrictions. 

Couldn't ask for more.  Our dinners in the MDR were just wonderful.

Dan

• Like 2

On 6/7/2022 at 1:13 PM, ONECRUISER said:

Nah, Choice. I request and they send me Table Number and Map location before Cruise. That's way I like it

I thought you said you normally ate in your room.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I thought you said you normally ate in your room.

True. Daughter with my SIL and Grand Daughter were with me April B4B on Jewel. She likes to eat in Main Dining, otherwise yes Cabin or WJ my go to last 4yrs and will be this Fall(SOLO). But even before that was lucky get Table number/Map for most my Cruises

9 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

True. Daughter with my SIL and Grand Daughter were with me April B4B on Jewel. She likes to eat in Main Dining, otherwise yes Cabin or WJ my go to last 4yrs and will be this Fall(SOLO). But even before that was lucky get Table number/Map for most my Cruises

So very lucky indeed 🍀

• Like 1