Carnival Stock Below $10

Lee Cruiser

I bought more Carnival.  I am 42.  I have a long way off to retirement to ride this out.  Also bought Amazon and TSLA.

I sold a bunch of TLSA when it was at $1100-1200 (before the split) and then sold some more (after the split) at $310.  Since it is down to $150 now, I am buying up some more to replace what I previously sold and maybe get some more. TSLA is the lowest it has been since Covid...I am sure, in part, to Elon Musk and his ridiculous antics. Fortunately, I sold all my Twitter a long time ago before Elon took over.  

5 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

This just presents another buying opportunity. If only I could "ride the waves" (I need a Magic 8-ball)!!

Tom

We are in a recession supposedly, no one will be able to afford to cruise and the sky is falling, probably better to invest in Ticketmaster and Taylor Swift. Apparently, she is recession proof and cruise ships full of people will pay more than a cruise fare, in some cases thousands of dollars, to see a single night concert. Better to find those safe havens while everything is imploding. 😁 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

We are in a recession supposedly, no one will be able to afford to cruise and the sky is falling, probably better to invest in Ticketmaster and Taylor Swift. Apparently, she is recession proof and cruise ships full of people will pay more than a cruise fare, in some cases thousands of dollars, to see a single night concert. Better to find those safe havens while everything is imploding. 😁 

People paying only port fees and taxes for a cruise might easily spend more for a Happy Meal. I'd stay away from Ticketmaster since they and their parent company are being investigated for outrageous fees, and venues are looking for other ticket companies to deal with.

20 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

This just presents another buying opportunity. If only I could "ride the waves" (I need a Magic 8-ball)!!

Tom

Not for me. I will probably keep the 100 shares, but not really a good investment beyond that. The debt load is going to be a long term problem for Carnival. I’ll stick with other quality stocks they are actually paying dividends.

On 12/16/2022 at 11:54 AM, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Tom

Another illegitimate genius child of Peter Lynch. Thanks for your insight Pete Jr.!

17 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

It could be worse. Go Crypto!

Why do you think it makes the situation of the Carnival Corporation any better because there are some in a worse position? How does that help Carnival with its heavy debt load? How does that help fill ships?

• 2 months later...
On 12/16/2022 at 3:40 PM, Eli_6 said:

I bought more Carnival.  I am 42.

I have a long way off to retirement to ride this out.  Also bought Amazon and TSLA.

Well we are visiting $10 again.  😲

On the date of the post, probably back in @ $8-ish?  Chance to 'bail and make a little something IMO.  Might want to take it and bank the gain.

Also, it's pretty clear that CCL is really in a tough predicament to be enthusiastic about 'ride this out' as the ride might not be that long.

On 12/16/2022 at 3:40 PM, Eli_6 said:

I sold a bunch of TLSA when it was at $1100-1200 (before the split) and then sold some more (after the split) at $310.  Since it is down to $150 now, I am buying up some more to replace what I previously sold and maybe get some more. TSLA is the lowest it has been since Covid...I am sure, in part, to Elon Musk and his ridiculous antics. Fortunately, I sold all my Twitter a long time ago before Elon took over.  

I have no idea what TLSA (which has had many stock-splits so a $ to $ PPS is of little relevance; i.e., not 🍎 to 🍎) or Twitter have to do with CCL.  🤨

Re: EM, there hasn't been an entrepreneur and inventor the likes of him in a generation.  Back in 2018 Entrepreneur called it spot on.  CCL could use a mind like that, or could have.

https://www.entrepreneur.com/leadership/shaming-elon-musk-is-how-you-kill-the-next-great-inventor/324149

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/16/2022 at 11:34 AM, icft said:

You could well be right.

I don't really use Elliott Wave theory, but once one knows they are in an impulsive move I do find it somewhat predictive of the overall shape of things to come. Having warned folks not to put much reliance on Elliott Wave, I'm pretty sure we are in an impulsive move and I think there is a significant probability the overall shape of the impulsive move down is, and will be, this:

image.png.72395e4613c47a24846e3407d24b761c.png

Just to update my speculation - the latest up move from 3 to 4 became a double zig-zag rather than the single zig-zag on the chart above. So the new speculative path is:

image.png.267ec32c342066d28bedb0944035cc33.png

We'll see how it goes. I have no dog in the hunt.

1 hour ago, john91498 said:

I got lucky and bought at around $11 back in 2020. In the 6 cruises over the last few years, the stock has almost paid for itself in OBC. 😎 

That's about the only reason I would buy it.  I'm wondering how low it will go this time.  I sold earlier this year, but will probably buy again in the next few months.  It shocked me when it fell below $7 last fall.  Not sure if it will do that again, but I certainly would be surprised this time if it did the way so many stocks are trending downward.

• Like 1