What if you test positive two days before cruise??

I have a cabin booked for three on Adventure for this Sat., June 18th.  We are three friends going together that live in different states.  We did our Covid tests today, and one of my friends was positive.  Royal site is down so even if you get a person to talk to, they cannot do anything.  I am sure she will get a refund. We divided the cost of the cruise three ways.  Does she get 1/3 or just the 3rd person booking portion for a refund.  This is so sad. She can't cancel her drink package or excursion because this cruise online sales for things is now closed.  Do I have to do it on the ship for her? 

Sorry about your friend.

Can't answer most of your questions but, FWIW, the cruise planner is working fine for my 2 cruises next month. I can cancel my specialty restaurant reservations for example so your friend should be able to cancel her purchases.

7 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Sorry about your friend.

Can't answer most of your questions but, FWIW, the cruise planner is working fine for my 2 cruises next month. I can cancel my specialty restaurant reservations for example so your friend should be able to cancel her purchases.

No when it is 48 hours before cruise you can’t cancel or buy any packages. 

• Like 1

Our situation is a little different, but I thought I would share our experience in case it helps anyone. We were supposed to sail tomorrow on the Oasis. We did our testing at Walgreens yesterday and were stunned when my son (17) came back positive. He has no symptoms, and we were pretty careful and socially distanced for the last two weeks. Thinking maybe he picked it up in the last days of school. We then tested at home today - still positive. Anyhoo, we had two rooms booked, so I called Royal Caribbean and was surprised when I got through within two minutes. She told me that we would receive an email "soon" from the back office and that they would probably request additional information (I am guessing the positive test report). She couldn't give me a timeframe when they might email, said it depends on how busy they are. I asked about all of our excursions, drink packages, etc and she said those would be automatically cancelled. So now it is a wait and see game - she said we should get a full refund. I am a little nervous because there is no email trail right now, so I just have to trust the process, I guess. It is a little bit of a "kick us when we are down" feeling because we are still getting emails from RC about our upcoming sailing!🙂

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Belle5129 said:

It is a little bit of a "kick us when we are down" feeling because we are still getting emails from RC about our upcoming sailing!🙂

And you might still get notifications on the app during the sailing. 

• Haha 1

As you do not live in the same household, the other 2 guests could still cruise.  You have a couple of options:

1.  Make no changes and NO SHOW the positive guest.  That person will receive a refund of all prepaid items plus port taxes and fees but NOT their cruise fare.  If insurance was purchased, they MAY get a portion returned in the form of a Future Cruise Credit.

2.  Cancel the positive person.  They will receive a refund/FCC for their portion of the cruise price BUT the other 2 will have their fares repriced and likely increase.

3. Everyone cancel based on the positive test result & get a full refund.

43 minutes ago, Belle5129 said:

Our situation is a little different, but I thought I would share our experience in case it helps anyone. We were supposed to sail tomorrow on the Oasis. We did our testing at Walgreens yesterday and were stunned when my son (17) came back positive. He has no symptoms, and we were pretty careful and socially distanced for the last two weeks. Thinking maybe he picked it up in the last days of school. We then tested at home today - still positive. Anyhoo, we had two rooms booked, so I called Royal Caribbean and was surprised when I got through within two minutes. She told me that we would receive an email "soon" from the back office and that they would probably request additional information (I am guessing the positive test report). She couldn't give me a timeframe when they might email, said it depends on how busy they are. I asked about all of our excursions, drink packages, etc and she said those would be automatically cancelled. So now it is a wait and see game - she said we should get a full refund. I am a little nervous because there is no email trail right now, so I just have to trust the process, I guess. It is a little bit of a "kick us when we are down" feeling because we are still getting emails from RC about our upcoming sailing!🙂

The worst will be boarding day where you get notified to do your muster drill.  Makes you want to cry.   Sorry to hear about the positive test😪

• Like 1

2 hours ago, poocher said:

2.  Cancel the positive person.  They will receive a refund/FCC for their portion of the cruise price BUT the other 2 will have their fares repriced and likely increase.

If the one guest cancels because they have Covid the first 2 guests will not have their fares repriced.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2