Serenade - Summer 2023 - Database Issues?

Could be prelude to changes or turn out to be nothing of consequence.  I was mock booking some European segments next summer and at least some Serenade voyages are “oops” offline.  I checked random weeks in May, June, July, August and September.

Edited by logan25

Further development in the database, at least.  No communication from Royal Caribbean yet.

Serenade is inactive for June, July and August 2023 (greyed out).  May 2023 only contains the transatlantic itinerary to Copenhagen.  September 2023 only contains the Canadian itinerary after the ship returns to Boston.

Edited by logan25

I am on the May cruise for 7 days to Norway and Denmark and it is in the planner with all the correct information.  This was transferred over from Voyager.

Perhaps RCI is waiting to decide on how Russia ports are doing.  Otherwise I too am wondering and will my May cruise be yet again changed.

So what happens if this ship is just canceled for the Summer 2023 in Europe?  Maybe going in dry dock or something?  Do they swap in another ship or just cancel the entire summer of dozens of sailings I wonder?  Anyone see anything like this happen- non covid related and how did the resolve?

Thanks.

5 minutes ago, hackwid said:

So what happens if this ship is just canceled for the Summer 2023 in Europe?  Maybe going in dry dock or something?  Do they swap in another ship or just cancel the entire summer of dozens of sailings I wonder?  Anyone see anything like this happen- non covid related and how did the resolve?

Thanks.

All  ships are currently deployed.  It's not like they have ships sitting without a deployment that they can swap out.  Something would have to be cancelled if they were to pull Serenade's bookings

Correct me if I am wrong; but, Europe sailings are lot more profitable then lets say carribean.  I have seen them move ships and combine passengers on iitin's that have more ships available.

1 minute ago, hackwid said:

Correct me if I am wrong; but, Europe sailings are lot more profitable then lets say carribean.

Probably most of the time, but this year with Voyager and maybe RCI's projection for the Baltics next year, not so much.

• Like 1

Ok . So we were able to figure out that almost all of the sails between 5/23-9/10 include a stop in Russia.  Wondering if that may be why they pulled them.  Trying to figure out where to go instead maybe?  I hope they dont cancel the entire ship in Europe because of that 

17 hours ago, Ulsteinvik said:

I don't think they will cancel her Europe season. Pretty sure they will take off Russia now and replace them with other ports. Or maybe changing some Baltic cruises with Norway cruises.

Yes even with 1 Port Change they may need to update some or all the Stops, Dates, Times

I am looking at another site and it shows Serenade as doing both the Baltic and the Med on the same dates

7 Days Baltic

Royal Caribbean Int. • Serenade of the Seas
Copenhagen, Stockholm, Tallinn, Saint Petersburg/Russia, Kiel, Copenhagen
1 departure dates: Jun 04 2023
Prices from:

8 Days Mediterranean-West

Barcelona, Sete, Toulon, Ajaccio, Palma de Mallorca, Ibiza, Cartagena/Spain, Valencia, Barcelona
1 departure dates: Jun 09 2023
Call for Price

Royal Caribbean Int.★★★★magnifying-glass.png

12 Days Greece/Turkey/Black Sea

Barcelona, Cannes, Florence/Italy, Rome/Civitavecchia, Chania/Crete, Mykonos, Athens/Piraeus, Kusadasi, Thira/Santorini, Barcelona
1 departure dates: Jun 17 2023
Call for Price
View details

BONUS OFFERS

8 Days Baltic

Copenhagen, Stockholm, Tallinn, Saint Petersburg/Russia, Helsinki, Copenhagen
1 departure dates: Jun 11 2023

5 hours ago, sandebeach said:

I am looking at another site and it shows Serenade as doing both the Baltic and the Med on the same dates

7 Days Baltic

Copenhagen, Stockholm, Tallinn, Saint Petersburg/Russia, Kiel, Copenhagen
1 departure dates: Jun 04 2023
Prices from:

8 Days Mediterranean-West

Barcelona, Sete, Toulon, Ajaccio, Palma de Mallorca, Ibiza, Cartagena/Spain, Valencia, Barcelona
1 departure dates: Jun 09 2023
Call for Price

Royal Caribbean Int.★★★★magnifying-glass.png

12 Days Greece/Turkey/Black Sea

Barcelona, Cannes, Florence/Italy, Rome/Civitavecchia, Chania/Crete, Mykonos, Athens/Piraeus, Kusadasi, Thira/Santorini, Barcelona
1 departure dates: Jun 17 2023
Call for Price
View details

BONUS OFFERS

8 Days Baltic

Copenhagen, Stockholm, Tallinn, Saint Petersburg/Russia, Helsinki, Copenhagen
1 departure dates: Jun 11 2023

That is very old info, those Med cruises were scheduled before they changed Serenade to the Baltic to replace Voyager..

This has nothing to do with Russia since there aren’t any stops going there. At least not for the first 2 cruises in Sept.

The Sept 3rd cruise -

COPENHAGEN, DENMARK

OSLO, NORWAY
OSLO, NORWAY

KRISTIANSAND, NORWAY

CRUISING
SKAGEN, DENMARK

AARHUS, DENMARK

COPENHAGEN, DENMARK 

The Sept 10th cruise - 

COPENHAGEN, DENMARK

KRISTIANSAND, NORWAY

CRUISING
CRUISING
AKUREYRI, ICELAND

REYKJAVIK, ICELAND

REYKJAVIK, ICELAND

CRUISING
NANORTALIK, GREENLAND

QAQORTOQ, GREENLAND

CRUISING
CRUISING
CRUISING
CRUISING
BOSTON, MASSACHUSETTS

Edited by ReneeFLL

22 minutes ago, little britain said:

On the Book group for the TA, someone has posted a reply from the Exec office saying they are just changing ports …..

I hope they let us know asap because of all the planning going on. That roll call is very active.