Elite

azgrandmax3

20 minutes ago, Alcairns said:

10% off onboard spending - shops not alcohol. 

Only 10% of regular merchandize and not combinable with any other promotions.

50% off internet (pre-book/receive as OBC).  50% off rack rate if bought on board ship.

10% off some SPA services.

29 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Only 10% of regular merchandize and not combinable with any other promotions.

50% off internet (pre-book/receive as OBC).  50% off rack rate if bought on board ship.

10% off some SPA services.

Plus, IIRC early access to bookings when a cruise goes live on the website.

6 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

But there is no financial advantage.  

True. However, I almost always book as soon as the cruise listing goes live and in 25+ cruises have only been able to get a fare reduction once.

Plus, you'll have a better choice in cabins...especially if you're picky. 😉

Edited by JF - retired RRT

I think there is a repeat passenger discount.  I believe we usually get $50 pp  off a cruise fare as a repeat passenger.  We are elite, so have been getting the repeat passenger fare for some time.  

12 hours ago, pris993 said:

I think there is a repeat passenger discount.  I believe we usually get $50 pp  off a cruise fare as a repeat passenger.  We are elite, so have been getting the repeat passenger fare for some time.  

There are early booking discounts for most fares called Captain's Circle Launch Savings. These are available to the 1st two guests in a cabin, gold status or higher, after their first Princess cruise. Nothing special for elites.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, pris993 said:

I suspect that you are referring to the Captains Circle $25/$50/$75/$100 OBC credit on each cruise once you are at 21/32/42/52 cruises. This is GONE now along with the free internet minutes package.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AE_Collector said:

I suspect that you are referring to the Captains Circle $25/$50/$75/$100 OBC credit on each cruise once you are at 21/32/42/52 cruises. This is GONE now along with the free internet minutes package.

I was talking about a booking discount that I use to get when booking direct with Princess as a repeat passenger, use to be $50pp less.  I just did a mock booking on Princess site, with and without my repeat passenger #.  I see this discount no longer appears.  I guess it went the way of the Captain's Circle credits and internet minutes.  Lots of changes since restart.  

• Like 1

Have never heard of that exact scenario. I eventually stopped booking direct with Princess as there was no extra anything for repeatedly booking that way and we were booking so many cruises with Princess we felt we pretty much knew the drill and didn’t need any extra help in most cases.

There we’re instances as @geoherb mentioned where once you log in sometimes the price changes (improves) for a variety of possible reasons including seniors discounts, geographic special prices and maybe a loyalty factor but nothing at a set consistent $ value.

On 7/7/2022 at 9:36 AM, pris993 said:

I was talking about a booking discount that I use to get when booking direct with Princess as a repeat passenger, use to be $50pp less.  I just did a mock booking on Princess site, with and without my repeat passenger #.  I see this discount no longer appears.  I guess it went the way of the Captain's Circle credits and internet minutes.  Lots of changes since restart.  

I also remember that discount.  It was  anywhere from $50 to $100 per person (7 day or 15 day cruise) after you signed in as a past passenger.  Seems to be gone now, as so many other things.

59 minutes ago, DiRonT said:

I also remember that discount.  It was  anywhere from $50 to $100 per person (7 day or 15 day cruise) after you signed in as a past passenger.  Seems to be gone now, as so many other things.

Thanks, glad to hear someone else remembers besides me.  I did a google search because I thought I might find out if I imaged it.  Found I asked about this discount back in 2013, so guess it has been gone for some time.  I did not think about until OP asked a question.  

19 hours ago, AE_Collector said:

Have never heard of that exact scenario. I eventually stopped booking direct with Princess as there was no extra anything for repeatedly booking that way and we were booking so many cruises with Princess we felt we pretty much knew the drill and didn’t need any extra help in most cases.

I've stopped even checking with Princess directly since all the available cabins don't show up as they do using my TA. 

Why that's so is puzzling since they should all be available checking either way. Even checking another TA gives me more avail cabins than the Princess web site.