Is your room still ready right away if you’re platinum?

sturderick

We haven’t cruised since 2019 so were wondering if our room will be ready since some services have been put on hold.  We are platinum so it’s usually ready.  Not sure what services to expect this time.  Our cruise is to Alaska which is also new for us.

Thanks for any help!  Tried to search but must have put it in wrong.

• Like 1

The rooms for Diamond and Platinum cruisers won't necessarily be ready.  This has been going on for some time since they reduced their work force and gave the room stewards many more rooms to take care of...

However, you are allowed to go to your room and drop off your luggage. 

We've done 8 cruises since the cruises started back up and our room has only been ready once...and we are Diamond.

Garnett

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My last couple of  cruises my cabin has not been ready but they didn't care if I dropped my stuff off. My cabin have been ready closer to 1:00pm as platinum. The crew has been working super hard and I think they might event have a few extra cabin since they are still a tad short on staff.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sturderick said:

I really don’t care if it’s ready, I just want to drop stuff off!  Thank you :).

Never had a problem. That is what we do on every ship and cruise line. If someone stops you. Just tell them all you want to do is put your suitcases in the room. Never was told sorry you cannot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Never had a problem. That is what we do on every ship and cruise line. If someone stops you. Just tell them all you want to do is put your suitcases in the room. Never was told sorry you cannot.

The room stewards will never tell you otherwise, no matter what.  People should not put them in a position to challenge.  If you don't have access, don't go.  

• Like 3

Not being insensitive here but the rooms are ready when they are ready. Please give the room stewards and their crew time to thoroughly sanitize and clean the rooms. Helps protect us all.  

Our status should have nothing to do with the rooms being ready. They should be ready when the Head of Room Services says so. 

Slow down folks and just enjoy the Journey!

Just be aware that if your cabin isn't ready the cabin door may be propped open and anyone can stop in and take your stuff.  Not saying that has ever happened, but we did have a passenger walk into our cabin last week when we were dropping off our backpacks.  They did not know we were in there until they were well inside the cabin and saw us putting our stuff down. They said "oops" and quickly walked out.   Don't know their intent- might have just walked into wrong cabin for all we know - but we took our backpacks with us until cabin was "officially" ready and the door was closed by the steward.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Generally to drop bags off, but not always.

A steward on one of my cruises wasn't thrilled that I was dropping off, but didn't tell me  I couldn't. I went back around 1 to check on the cabin and the door was closed, but no key to be found. I did find the steward and he said he didn't put the keys out until all of his rooms were ready. Lesson learned.

• Like 2

I asked upon boarding my last voyage on the Horizon.  I was told that no matter your status, or your room (suite, etc.) rooms would not be available until 1:30 pm.

The access doors were locked on Deck 2.

David

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

Generally to drop bags off, but not always.

A steward on one of my cruises wasn't thrilled that I was dropping off, but didn't tell me  I couldn't. I went back around 1 to check on the cabin and the door was closed, but no key to be found. I did find the steward and he said he didn't put the keys out until all of his rooms were ready. Lesson learned.

Good to know, makes sense,  and thanks! 👍

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DAllenTCY said:

I asked upon boarding my last voyage on the Horizon.  I was told that no matter your status, or your room (suite, etc.) rooms would not be available until 1:30 pm.

David

Then Carnival needs to stop sending emails to platinum folks saying we can drop off our luggage when we get on. As long as they send me that email, I’ll be dropping my carryon off. I just put it in the closet and head back out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you can reach your cabin.

The doors were locked, and nobody was around to ask.

That was my recent experience.....and yes platinum.

No the end of the world by any means, I just went up to Serenity Deck and chilled but with my carry-on.

David

Edited by DAllenTCY
  • Like 1

On Monday John Heald said that they are hoping to be back at full staffing levels at the end of this month, does that mean that things such as :

- Early access to staterooms for cruisers with status is restored?

- Twice a day stateroom service would be restored?

I have a feeling the above 2 will still be a "no" because Carnival would cite "Covid" reasons.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CruisingFromLA said:

On Monday John Heald said that they are hoping to be back at full staffing levels at the end of this month, does that mean that things such as :

I have a feeling the above 2 will still be a "no" because Carnival would cite "Covid" reasons.

I would say no. But not for the reason you gave. Twice a day stateroom service is a waste of money for Carnival, IMO. Not needed at all. Early access....no. Because don't forget that the ship from the prior cruise takes time to clean, change out the bed linens, towels, etc. :classic_wink:

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, DAllenTCY said:

David

The hall doors are never locked.  It would be a huge Coast Guard safely violation.  They are just heavy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Hoosierpop said:

Then Carnival needs to stop sending emails to platinum folks saying we can drop off our luggage when we get on. As long as they send me that email, I’ll be dropping my carryon off. I just put it in the closet and head back out. 

Having access to rooms to most people means using your room.  Yes, you can drop your bags but the doors may still be open and you can't stick around

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, CruisingFromLA said:

I could be wrong, but I think twice a day stateroom cleaning went away pre-pandemic. I doubt it's coming back I honestly don't see the need for it, unless you have small children with diapers and need the trash cleared or something like that. But when you go to a hotel, you only get your room cleaned once a day. Not a big deal (to me)

• Like 2

On 7/13/2022 at 9:45 AM, sturderick said:

I really don’t care if it’s ready, I just want to drop stuff off!  Thank you :).

Same as others here - just drop off your luggage quickly and leave.  We literally are in there 30 seconds or so then it's off to muster drill and lunch!  Make sure your bags are clearly marked with your name so they don't think the previous passengers left their bag.  That's just my $0.02.  🙂 

• Like 3

I saw this from another response to this thread

image.png.ed1da5a4d8530c3cad4e502e348559a1.png

It seems that Suite guests have the same perks as Platinum (according to what is listed on the VIFP members benefits page) except for being able to do the online check in 16 days prior and having your room ready when you board. We are going on an Alaska cruise in July and will be Platinum on that cruise. Do Platinum cruisers get a letter like this, also or do they get the usual 14 day check in and priority boarding but not having your room ready?