Is shore side concierge service available for Celebrity Suites?

Plato123

We had this available for our last Royal Suite.  Is the service still available and is it available in Celebrity Suites?  We would like to get a coffee maker and an extra lounger for an upcoming cruise, and have it in place when we board.

I believe only the "higher suites" (of which CS is not) can expect to hear from the Shoreside Concierge before boarding.  I vaguely recall some reports of other suites hearing from a Shoreside Concierge prior to boarding, but it's not something I would count on.

In all likelihood, you will have to make your requests once on board.  That said, I don't know how easy it is to get a coffee maker, but I'll let someone else chime in about that.

We have been contacted by a Shoreside Concierge when in a CS.  Our experience is that contact is made initially by email about 7-10 days pre cruise with a form to complete re things like arrival time, pillows, hangers, dining, etc.  You can ask for your 2 items if the SC has question they will often call or email. 

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, jelayne said:

We have been contacted by a Shoreside Concierge when in a CS.  Our experience is that contact is made initially by email about 7-10 days pre cruise with a form to complete re things like arrival time, pillows, hangers, dining, etc.  You can ask for your 2 items if the SC has question they will often call or email. 

Yes our experience too.  I'm not sure if the OP actually meant the actual cabin Celebrity Suite (CS) or just the general term meaning all types of suites.  Anyway, CS and above usually get contacted.  Sky suites do not.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Plato123 said:

We had this available for our last Royal Suite.  Is the service still available and is it available in Celebrity Suites?  We would like to get a coffee maker and an extra lounger for an upcoming cruise, and have it in place when we board.

I don’t think Coffee makers are freely available on all ships. Whilst we had one in the PH on Silhouette I don’t think we had one in a RS on Equinox…

I am fairly sure in a CS a coffee maker is not a listed amenity. I am sure if they have a spare one on board they will offer it to you they simply may not have any. Whilst the shoreside concierge may be able to forward your message they may not be able to guarantee it is in your suite when you board.

We are always contacted  by the Shoreside Concierge when in a CS or above.   Saying that I've gotten the point of thinking why bother as usually all the request that are rather short never get through -

Generally all I ask is swap the bubbly for Chardonnay,  Pilllows and an extension cord.   

When I mention to the Stateroom they are all taken care of either immediately or before we go to bed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark_K said:

Whether they call you or not, all retreat guests have:

• Dedicated pre-cruise Retreat Concierge. Call 1-877-RETREAT.

Exactly, I think when the call is answered you press #3, then it prompts you to press one button for SS and another for all other suites.  Sometimes they answer immediately and other times I'm on hold for a long time.  But those who answer the phone (all Shoreside Concierges) are always pleasant and helpful.   

Many of the Shoreside Concierges have either changed roles or are new.  In the 3 months leading up to my cruise, I've had 3 different Shoreside Concierges assigned to my ship.  Its best to call, get their name and email address, and have that as a backup if the hold times are long (they were over an hour for me yesterday).

1 hour ago, Marriedonacruise said:

Many of the Shoreside Concierges have either changed roles or are new.  In the 3 months leading up to my cruise, I've had 3 different Shoreside Concierges assigned to my ship.  Its best to call, get their name and email address, and have that as a backup if the hold times are long (they were over an hour for me yesterday).

Like you we like to have a phone number and an email.

Generally we much prefer communicating by email to phoning/receiving phone calls.

Firstly errors are less likely if you make room or dining requests…something solid in black and white is forwarded to the ship. You can also take a copy on board for your personal retreat host so in the worst case scenario of information not going through you have a request list for him.

Secondly, if your shoreside concierge changes there is a written communication that should be forwarded.

Thirdly, if we draft an email shortly before we expect to be contacted we remember to add those little but important things (like a kettle and tea tray and a fruit bowl) which during a telephone call we would definitely forget…

We are always contacted when staying in a Celebrity Suite or higher. I get really excited when they reach out because that means the cruise is around the corner.  Then I remember that for at least 75% of the time, our requests do not make it on board, so what’s really the point.  I can just as easily communicate it to the butler on board and it gets taken care of.  

Edited by dcbiker97
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Some ships may have tea kettles onboard because they sail out of the UK.   A ship like Equinox which is US year round probably doesn't have them onboard.

We have requested and received them worldwide including on Equinox. We do usually cruise RS or PH. I think they keep a few on board for special requests. In contrast I don’t think they do the same with coffee makers.

3 hours ago, dcbiker97 said:

We are always contacted when staying in a Celebrity Suite or higher. I get really excited when they reach out because that means the cruise is around the corner.  Then I remember that for at least 75% of the time, our requests do not make it on board, so what’s really the point.  I can just as easily communicate it to the butler on board and it gets taken care of.  

100%

17 hours ago, dcbiker97 said:

Never had the issue that our request with the SS Concierge was not fulfilled. Yes the butler is always helpful.

21 hours ago, chemmo said:

I don’t think Coffee makers are freely available on all ships. Whilst we had one in the PH on Silhouette I don’t think we had one in a RS on Equinox…

I am fairly sure in a CS a coffee maker is not a listed amenity.

Have never seen it 'listed' at all, but requested for our RS on Constellation and the Lavazza was there when we arrived.

18 hours ago, chemmo said:

We have requested and received them worldwide including on Equinox. We do usually cruise RS or PH. I think they keep a few on board for special requests. In contrast I don’t think they do the same with coffee makers.

Yes, you are correct about the Tea kettles, except you don’t have to be in an upper Suite to receive one. 😊

1 hour ago, C-Dragons said:

Yes, you are correct about the Tea kettles, except you don’t have to be in an upper Suite to receive one. 😊

Correct, I believe they have so many per ship and if you ask your room attendant on boarding you hopefully will get one. The fact we know there are limited supplies is one of the reasons when we cruise, other than from Southampton, we request pre cruise through the shoreside concierge.

Just a note for anyone who takes early morning medicine, if it goes down better with a brew and rest in bed before moving request a kettle through special needs and they will forward your request to the ship although they will not guarantee you will get one. We found this out from a fellow cruiser a few years ago…

• 1 month later...