RAT near Riverside Hotel in FLL

drakes2

Lab Doctor on 17th is $49 for antigen test, no appointment.  Open til 6 weekdays 4 on Saturday and Sunday or even wait until morning of cruise.  You should be able to take the trolley there from Olas Blvd - last stop before getting to the Harbor Shops.  Airport is expensive. 

Several places now do proctored tests with your test kit for around $25US.  Great if you have a good internet connection at home or even in your hotel in Ft Lauderdale.

Lab Doctor on 17th is $49 for antigen test, no appointment.  Open til 6 weekdays 4 on Saturday and Sunday or even wait until morning of cruise.  You should be able to take the trolley there from Olas Blvd - last stop before getting to the Harbor Shops.  Airport is expensive. 

Several places now do proctored tests with your test kit for around $25US.  Great if you have a good internet connection at home or even in your hotel in Ft Lauderdale.

19 minutes ago, LeeW said:

Not sure if Riverside has internet in their rooms but I can always use my data for the day probably cheaper than running around wasting valuable time. I'm an early riser so can schedule an appointment first thing in the morning. I'm just nervous about using the tests as if it doesn't work I have no back up plan. Someone suggested doing a test before the cruise. 

1 minute ago, drakes2 said:

Not sure if Riverside has internet in their rooms but I can always use my data for the day probably cheaper than running around wasting valuable time. I'm an early riser so can schedule an appointment first thing in the morning. I'm just nervous about using the tests as if it doesn't work I have no back up plan. Someone suggested doing a test before the cruise. 

The Riverside has free internet in the rooms. The last seven or eight years I have always stayed pre cruise in a Tower Room at the Riverside because of the great location.

@drakes2

I just did a Google on Riverside and Covid test -

It returned the official Riverside Hotel page at https://www.riversidehotel.com/

Half way down the page

image.thumb.png.b9f2ddce71233d79ddd4dfffee4bac82.png

The link takes me to instructions but  too small for my tired old eyes to read.  I can see it is close by and says appointments required and proof of insurance required in advance so may have to pay.

14 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

@drakes2

It returned the official Riverside Hotel page at https://www.riversidehotel.com/

Half way down the page

The link takes me to instructions but  too small for my tired old eyes to read.  I can see it is close by and says appointments required and proof of insurance required in advance so may have to pay.

@Jim_Iainyes I saw that and it also says results delivered in 1 to 2 days. Too risky for me as they are closed on Sundays.  Don't really want to book in advance  in case my flight is delayed or cancelled.  There have been many this summer. 

7 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

@Jim_Iainyes I saw that and it also says results delivered in 1 to 2 days. Too risky for me as they are closed on Sundays.  Don't really want to book in advance  in case my flight is delayed or cancelled.  There have been many this summer. 

The fine print at least what I can see says 2 HOURS in the picture from the website.   I really couldn't read the picture from the link where it may say 1-2 days.

Edited by Jim_Iain

49 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

Buy an EMED test and do it that way.  No stress, easy peasy to do with a phone, desktop, tablet. Cost is about $25.00

@Gracie115I may very well do that. I emailed Curative yesterday the company Riverside uses and received an auto email that I would get a reply within 48 hours. Results typically take 1 to 2 hours but could be longer with staff shortages. They don't do testing on Sundays, not the best service IMO. 

1 minute ago, drakes2 said:

@Gracie115I may very well do that. I emailed Curative yesterday the company Riverside uses and received an auto email that I would get a reply within 48 hours. Results typically take 1 to 2 hours but could be longer with staff shortages. They don't do testing on Sundays, not the best service IMO. 

Emed takes about 20 minutes.  We've done it several times now and will be taking with us on our trip to Italy this fall so that we don't have to look for a place to do it before we embark on the Apex.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, drakes2 said:

Looking for a test within walking distance of hotel for my September 26th cruise. Flying from Toronto 2 days in advance so need test done Saturday. The testing facility near the hotel will deliver results within a day or 2 and closed Sunday so that won't work. Traveling solo and looking for a CVS or Walgreens that can have results sent in a couple hours. I've also posted this in the Florida ports of call board.  

If you were flying out 1 day ahead this might have worked for you.  Our cruise leaves on a Saturday....we're flying out day before on Friday....staying at the Sheraton Airport Hotel Thursday PM.  Have booked our test at Shoppers in our area for 1pm on Thurs., results shortly afterward, then drive to Toronto to check in to hotel.  I was surprised I could book a Nov. appt. this far in advance.  At one point we were going to be in the Florida area for a few days and like you, I was searching for a Walgreens or CVS but they didn't have a similar booking schedule.  We changed to day ahead flight;  being able to take care of this in our own area relieved that kind of stress.

3 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

If you were flying out 1 day ahead this might have worked for you.  Our cruise leaves on a Saturday....we're flying out day before on Friday....staying at the Sheraton Airport Hotel Thursday PM.  Have booked our test at Shoppers in our area for 1pm on Thurs., results shortly afterward, then drive to Toronto to check in to hotel.  I was surprised I could book a Nov. appt. this far in advance.  At one point we were going to be in the Florida area for a few days and like you, I was searching for a Walgreens or CVS but they didn't have a similar booking schedule.  We changed to day ahead flight;  being able to take care of this in our own area relieved that kind of stress.

@Oceangoer2If I were flying out day prior to cruise I would have gone to Costco for testing but there is only 1 Air Canada direct flight out from Pearson that morning so too risky at the moment due to luggage getting lost or even flight cancellations. I've already booked my return with United using a credit from March 2020. I emailed Curative who has partnered with the Riverside hotel but they just return with a bunch of FAQ's then I went on a chat forum with rapidtestandtrace and actually got a live person who was extremely helpful; I am so impressed.  So if there's no improvement with Pearson after labour day I will do the virtual testing. Thanks for everyone's input. Much appreciated. 

26 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Wow.. sorry for all your stress.   Sounds like you have a solution.    We will all be rooting for you -  Even the RAT.   LOL

Where there's a will there's a way.

On 7/16/2022 at 8:26 PM, Jim_Iain said:

@drakes2

Half way down the page

The testing which Riverside offered in Feb when we were there was offered free…..but was not available when we arrived. The Lab Doctor came to our rescue. If anyone is stuck, they are our go too now ! Will use them again in November.😉

Brockmom

• Thanks 1