RAT near Riverside Hotel in FLL

drakes2

Looking for a test within walking distance of hotel for my September 26th cruise. Flying from Toronto 2 days in advance so need test done Saturday. The testing facility near the hotel will deliver results within a day or 2 and closed Sunday so that won't work. Traveling solo and looking for a CVS or Walgreens that can have results sent in a couple hours. I've also posted this in the Florida ports of call board.  

3 minutes ago, Homosassa said:

Google is your friend. 

Many options listed for Fort Lauderdale. You may need to take a taxi.

I've tried Google. There is a Walgreens near 17th street Bridge if they offer it I can stay close by don't want a drive-thru 

30 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

I like this hotel, I will say I have never seen a rat there.  Nice happy hour though.

re testing, I would order a test from EMed. 

I was thinking emed as well.  Walgreens seems unreliable and you have to book 2 days in advance. Since I have not booked flights not sure when to book tests for also flights can be delayed.   They seem pretty expensive here at home Costco charges $16 Canadian no tax for a rapid test.

We stayed at Riverside Hotel in March.  On their website they have a facility they are associated with that gives results in 2 hours.  They are open Saturdays.  Also, I looked on Google and found that tests are given daily (including Sundays) at Broward Courthouse at 629 1st Avenue which is a 17 minute walk.  The nearest drugstore we found was CVS and it was a walk and had to cross two very busy highways.  
Bonnie

we just brought the proctored tests with us and did them there.  

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

I like this hotel, I will say I have never seen a rat there.  

I was just about to post that because of all the palm trees, rats are very common in FL. Like lizards.

OP, any Walgreens or other testing site you find is going to be "drive through".  They do not want  (potentially) sick people coming inside. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, EatonDoolittle said:

I was just about to post that because of all the palm trees, rats are very common in FL. Like lizards.

OP, any Walgreens or other testing site you find is going to be "drive through".  They do not want  (potentially) sick people coming inside. 

Ok did not realize that. I may just do the proctored test. There is only 1 air canada flight out on September 26th day before cruise its very early morning but if luggage gets lost I may not get in time for cruise so rather spend extra night in hotel. I have some test kits at home government approved so may bring them. This is just new to me and don't want to mess up 

1 minute ago, drakes2 said:

Ok did not realize that. I may just do the proctored test. There is only 1 air canada flight out on September 26th day before cruise its very early morning but if luggage gets lost I may not get in time for cruise so rather spend extra night in hotel. I have some test kits at home government approved so may bring them. This is just new to me and don't want to mess up 

You are boarding the day we disembark…Equinox I assume…the Southern itinerary is a great cruise.  Wife and I are on the ABC cruise on the 17th…

11 minutes ago, EatonDoolittle said:

I have been tested twice at Fast Test Now, and testees go inside. (There's a location in Ft. L.) And CVS and Walgreens near me have inside testing as well. (Everyone who enters a CVS is potentially sick.)

9 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

You are boarding the day we disembark…Equinox I assume…the Southern itinerary is a great cruise.  Wife and I are on the ABC cruise on the 17th…

@PTC DAWGyes its 10 night southern on Equinox. I have some Rapid Response test kits at home they may be government approved. Maybe I can use them for a protoctored test. I really prefer going out on the 24th. 

Just now, Arizona Wildcat said:

Far easier to use your tests from home. There are a couple Canadian companies doing proctoring (doesn't matter US or Canada for anyone) and OnPoint and Rapidtestandtrace.com are two companies doing 24/7 proctoring with a US address.  Both are under $20US

I have a bunch of rapid response test kids five in each box 

2 hours ago, drakes2 said:

Looking for a test within walking distance of hotel for my September 26th cruise. Flying from Toronto 2 days in advance so need test done Saturday. The testing facility near the hotel will deliver results within a day or 2 and closed Sunday so that won't work. Traveling solo and looking for a CVS or Walgreens that can have results sent in a couple hours. I've also posted this in the Florida ports of call board.  

The CVS is within walking distance but I don't know if that one does tests.. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, 2chiefs said:

I thought this thread was going to be about someone finding a rat near their hotel.

😁

LOL>     I was expecting a Big ol Rat also .... especially because it was in Caps.  

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, hrhdhd said:

I have been tested twice at Fast Test Now, and testees go inside. (There's a location in Ft. L.) And CVS and Walgreens near me have inside testing as well. (Everyone who enters a CVS is potentially sick.)

The CVS near me also does testing inside. 

57 minutes ago, bjahil47 said:

The nearest drugstore we found was CVS and it was a walk and had to cross two very busy highways.  

I always end up walking  to that CVS when I stay at the Riverside as it is the closest general type store. Snacks, beverages, sundries, etc. Those highways have traffic lights. Not difficult to cross. 

1 minute ago, drakes2 said:

I guess I should have put it in brackets. 😆 

I was imagining your hair standing on end as you came around the corner and a huge rat came running out.   The optics were hilarious.