New charges for suite room service.

W283386

Not only has specialty restaurant charges gone up 18% but there are now room service charges on some items that were once complimentary.

Crab cakes are now $11and Heirloom Salad is $10. Ribeye Steak, Sea Bass and Filet Mignon are now $20.  Looks like still no charges for breakfast items.

All items are listed on the Celebrity App under Room Servi.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not new items.  I ordered the Sea Bass in April and my wife had the crab cake.  No charges applied or listed.  Was one of the reasons we booked the retreat because of the nice room service menu. 

• Thanks 3

23 minutes ago, Laurab23 said:

If a charge for room service,why not just order from lunch or dinner menu and have it delivered to your room? Can't you still do that for suites?

Laura

In general if you are in a suite you cannot order from the Luminae menu or MDR menu for delivery.  But ask your butler.  Sometimes exceptions are made.

3 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

In general if you are in a suite you cannot order from the Luminae menu or MDR menu for delivery.  But ask your butler.  Sometimes exceptions are made.

Our butler was happy to bring us meals from Luminae to our Suite.  We never asked for them, but she volunteered cheerfully to do so.   She was an exceptional young woman!

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

We have had MDR menu items delivered to our suite without a problem.  Our Hosts have offered to deliver from Luminae, I am not a fan of the Luminae menu.  It is limited to begin with and if one can’t eat any seafood or fish it becomes even more limited.

• Like 2

We have the PH booked next year on Summit. I would hope the dinners would be delivered to the suite so we could enjoy our large balcony and table. I thought all cabins could get dinner from MDR could get meals delivered and the suites would get them presented course by course. Or was all that pre Covid?

Laura

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Laurab23 said:

We have the PH booked next year on Summit. I would hope the dinners would be delivered to the suite so we could enjoy our large balcony and table. I thought all cabins could get dinner from MDR could get meals delivered and the suites would get them presented course by course. Or was all that pre Covid?

Laura

We have had dinner on the balcony of our Suite since Covid.  The  Butler was handling 13 suites (1 PH, 4 RS, 6 CS & 2 SS) he was a excellent but extremely busy.  We tried to make it easy and didn’t ask for dinners to be served course by course.  He set the table, opened wine and served our salad.  He returned about 25 minutes later with our entree and dessert.   Lucky for him he had 3 suites (PH, RS & CS)  dining in that night but  1 dined at 6 and the other 2 were about 7:30 and next door to each other.

After reading this, I looked at the Celebrity app for the cruise we just completed last week.  Under "Room Service - Suite Guests", it states:

When Suite guests are in the mood to relax and dine in the comfort of your stateroom, Celebrity offers 24-hour in-stateroom dining.  Call us from your stateroom phone and we'll deliver gourmet-quality fare right to your door".

No menu is shown, so obviously no prices.  We ordered breakfast several days, and had an excellent choice of items.  They give you a door hanger card to fill out.  We never wanted or needed room service at other meals, so I have no idea what was or was not available and at what cost (if any).

On the Equinox last year we ordered the crab cakes for lunch on port days in our Sky Suite and there was not an extra charge.  I do see under room service for suites in the app for our Reflection cruise in 2 weeks that there is now a charge for the crab cakes. The crab cakes were not that great, more breading than crab and IMO not worth any $11 extra charge. We usually had a shrimp cocktail and crab cakes delivered for lunch by our Butler. 

On 7/17/2022 at 2:04 PM, jelayne said:

We have had dinner on the balcony of our Suite since Covid.  The  Butler was handling 13 suites (1 PH, 4 RS, 6 CS & 2 SS) he was a excellent but extremely busy.  We tried to make it easy and didn’t ask for dinners to be served course by course.  He set the table, opened wine and served our salad.  He returned about 25 minutes later with our entree and dessert.   Lucky for him he had 3 suites (PH, RS & CS)  dining in that night but  1 dined at 6 and the other 2 were about 7:30 and next door to each other.

As long as I can get it served on my balcony it doesn't need to be course by course. I just want to enjoy my balcony at dinner once in a while. Thanks.

Laura

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

I am disappointed that Celebrity has chosen to charge extra for some room service items for Suites, for what we pay they should be included. 

I agree.  The suite prices are usually very steep to begin with.  To charge extra, let alone that much extra, for those items is out of line IMHO.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

I'll eat dinner in the dining room.  Thanks. 

Why would I want to go on a cruise and eat dinner in my sky suite? Unless I was sick and had no choice. 

Easy answer.  A top deck balcony that overlooks San Francisco and the Golden Gate Bridge while you watch the sunset behind the bridge.  Am sure there are other port stays with similar exceptional views that would be special.

• Like 2

I’m trying to understand this change. If I go to Luminae for lunch and order crab cakes, there is no extra charge. If I have the same crab cakes delivered to my suite by the Butler (Retreat Host), it costs $11.00? Really?!

52 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Easy answer.  A top deck balcony that overlooks San Francisco and the Golden Gate Bridge while you watch the sunset behind the bridge.  Am sure there are other port stays with similar exceptional views that would be special.

To each his/her own.

I'll sit on my balcony and have a cocktail and enjoy the view while my wife is getting ready.  

Then, as soon as she gives the word she's ready to go, we leave the cabin, have another cocktail at a bar, then enjoy the food and service in the dining room for dinner. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, asnaleah said:

I’m trying to understand this change. If I go to Luminae for lunch and order crab cakes, there is no extra charge. If I have the same crab cakes delivered to my suite by the Butler (Retreat Host), it costs $11.00? Really?!

Don't you pay extra to have food delivered by instacart, DoorDash, UberEats or GrubHub?   I'm surprised they didn't do this sooner.