2023/2024 Swap of itineraries between Brilliance of the Seas and Enchantment of the Seas.

Got this message today.  I'm being moved from Brilliance to Enchantment, which I presume is a slight step down.  

Your thoughts?

http://www.creative.rccl.com/e-lite/RCI/2016/Executive_Requests/16052976_Cruise_Advisory_Email/images/logo_hero.png

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest,

The International Maritime Organization recently shared new speed regulations we must adhere to and as a result, we’ve repositioned some of our ships for our upcoming 2023/2024 season. Our original plan for Brilliance of the Seas was to continue offering sailings departing from Tampa, Florida through April 29th, 2023 and begin its European season on May 15th, 2023, before making its way back to Tampa, Florida in November 2023. Instead, Brilliance will now sail from Vancouver, British Columbia starting April 3rd, 2023 and Sydney, Australia beginning October 23rd, 2023.

Enchantment of the Seas will now take Brilliance’s place in Florida and Europe and will offer similar itineraries! Starting July 28th, 2022, we’ll automatically move you to the new Enchantment of the Seas sailing departing on the same day as your original Brilliance of the Seas cruise. You’ll receive like-for-like accommodations onboard Enchantment of the Seas, and your amenities will remain the same.

Your vacation is important to us. While we’re confident you’ll have an amazing time onboard Enchantment and enjoy many of the same features as Brilliance, we still want you to have the flexibility to make the best decision for you and those in your party. Below, we’ve outlined your options along with a few additional details.

Option 1: Stay onboard the new Enchantment of the Seas cruise.

• We’ll automatically move you to the Enchantment of the Seas sailing departing on the same day as your original cruise. So, there’s nothing for you to do!
  • Your new sailing will still offer the same beautiful ports as your original cruise, and it’ll depart from the same destination. 
  • We’ll move you to a like-for-like stateroom and your original stateroom category price will either be protected at your original cruise fare rate or reduced to the current cruise fare rate (whichever is lower). This excludes taxes, fees, gratuities, and other non-cruise fare items. 
    • If your booking was already paid in full and your cruise fare rate decreases, we’ll provide you with a refund for the difference. You can expect to receive your refund to your original form of payment within 14 business days after we move you. Kindly note, refund times may vary depending on your financial institution.

Option 2: Re-book any other Royal Caribbean International sailing.

• If you prefer to re-book another sailing, we’ll waive any non-refundable deposit change fees.
  • Please know, you’ll be responsible for any difference in pricing for your cruise fare, taxes, fees, gratuities, and other non-cruise fare items. 
    • If your booking was already paid in full and your cruise fare rate decreases, we’ll provide you with a refund for the difference. You can expect to receive your refund to your original form of payment within 14 business days after we move you. Kindly note, refund times may vary depending on your financial institution.

Option 3: If you can’t find a new itinerary that works for you and choose to cancel, we’ll be sad to see you go. You’ll receive: 

• A full refund of any paid portion of your cruise fare (including non-refundable deposits) and any pre-paid amenities to the original form of payment within 14 business days – some international banking and financial institutions may have a processing time of approximately 30 business days.
    • If you used a Future Cruise Credit on this sailing, and you request a refund instead, we’ll refund any NEW funds paid above the certificate amount, and we’ll reinstate your original certificate.  
  • If you booked your airfare through Royal Caribbean International, it will be automatically refunded to you. However, if you booked on your own, please contact the service provider directly for your options with them.
  • Please know, if you choose this option, we will not provide additional compensation.

Please note, any Cruise Planner purchases for your original Brilliance of the Seas sailing will automatically be cancelled and refunded to your original form of payment. Feel free to re-book these items on your new ship and sail date.

There are a lot of moving parts when it comes to shifting an entire season of sailings and rebooking all guests, so we ask for your patience as we work to make this process as easy as possible for you. All moves will be completed by August 18th, 2022, and we’ll send an updated reservation confirmation with your revised details to the email address on file as soon as your reservation has been completely updated with the pricing fully adjusted. If you decide to go with Option 2 or 3, please call us at 888-281-9344 or contact your Travel Advisor by August 18th, 2022. And know, hold times may be longer than usual. If we haven’t heard from you by August 18th, 2022, you’ll remain booked on the alternate Enchantment of the Seas sailing.

If you have any questions, please contact your Travel Advisor immediately or contact us at: 

• 1 888 281 9344 in the U.S.
  • 1800 754 500 in Australia / 0800 102 123 in New Zealand
  • In the UK only, by using our webchatservice or by calling 0344 493 4005
  • All other countries, please visit http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contactusfor your local Royal Caribbean International office phone number.

Thank you for understanding, and we hope you find another cruise with us. Whether you are celebrating a special occasion or looking to explore, relax, and recharge, we have no doubt your time with us will be nothing short of amazing.

Sincerely,

Aurora Yera-Rodriguez
AVP | Guest Experience
Royal Caribbean International

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Beth and Bailey said:

Grrr...  We are booked on Enchantment for Alaska in Sept 2023.   So now that will be canceled.  Calling now.

Phone reps probably don't have any info to give out yet.  You should be okay with switching you to Brillance ??  

13 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Phone reps probably don't have any info to give out yet.  You should be okay with switching you to Brillance ??  

Although nothing on the website I was able to speak with a rep.  She had to check the alerts and did find the information.  The Brilliance and Enchantment are switching.  So we'll now take Brilliance to Alaska.  Both these itineraries for Alaska and the Med were ones I so wanted to do as I've done both but not these ports...  So far I'm still happy!.  I did get an additional $50 OBC but they might do some repricing so maybe there will be an additional drop.   

• Like 1

I got this tonight too.  I’m confused but it appears we’re being moved from Enchantment in Australia in 2024 to Brilliance.  I’ll try to call tomorrow and find out.  I’m fine with it however we are on for 45 nights (3 cruises) and did plan our cabin carefully so we aren’t moving each time.  I just want decent placement since we booked when it opened.  TBD. 

14 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

I got this tonight too.  I’m confused but it appears we’re being moved from Enchantment in Australia in 2024 to Brilliance.  I’ll try to call tomorrow and find out.  I’m fine with it however we are on for 45 nights (3 cruises) and did plan our cabin carefully so we aren’t moving each time.  I just want decent placement since we booked when it opened.  TBD. 

Call asap, they are different class ships............Swapping cabin from Enchantment will be different Cabin Numbers for sure.

I'm sure all the Phone Reps at Royal are just loving this.

• Like 1

I wouldn’t assume anything.  Just called.  Agent tried to downgrade me.  Nope.  What a hassle.  Had to move down a deck for the first leg and much further down the hall on 4 then we were for legs 2 and 3.  Although the cabin will be bigger and I like the ship more it’s irritating to have arranged great cabins and then get moved.  

I am NOT happy about this - a two class "downgrade" cannot be done equitably! A smaller ship with 1142 cabins taking the place of a larger ship with few cabins (1072) means that there is less space per passenger and smaller cabins.  I haven't received my email notification yet but I don't see a resolution for this. And I currently have a Christmas cruise and a group cruise booked on Brilliance for spring, 2023!  Rant over!

23 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Call asap, they are different class ships............Swapping cabin from Enchantment will be different Cabin Numbers for sure.

I'm sure all the Phone Reps at Royal are just loving this.

Never had luck even when Ships are same Class and had same Cabin Numbers, never held them so first come first serve

We were booked on a 2023 B2B2B2B on Brilliance for 11/27, 12/2, 12/9 and 12/16 out of Tampa. We have gone through the ship changes before and it has been a nightmare getting the same cabin for 4 cruises in a row. Also this change of ships is a downgrade in class. So, we contacted our TA and changed to the Odyssey out of Fort Lauderdale during essentially the same dates. The OTS has a better (8 - 6 - 8 - 6) itinerary, more amenities and much newer. We had JS originally booked on Brilliance (1602) and had to settle for regular aft balcony cabins because of the BIG price difference. Luckily we have the same cabins for all 4 cruises.

12 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Never had luck even when Ships are same Class and had same Cabin Numbers, never held them so first come first serve

I agree - it has never worked!!! The most recent change last year on the Serenade replacing the Brilliance from LA to MIA (BR was originally LA to TPA but they changed to MIA and we had to get to TPA on our own and have a hotel stay to meet up with the second half of the original B2B).

• Like 1

We were booked for a February 2024 Australia & New Zealand cruise on Enchantment. We got the email of the switch this week and called yesterday to verify our new cabin, since we booked a Jr Suite and really liked the location. The rep didn’t know about the switch, took time to get the information, but unfortunately said the system wasn’t allowing any updates yet. She said we had to wait to be automatically assigned a new cabin and then call if we wanted a change. So much for trying to be proactive!

13 hours ago, foodsvcmgr said:

What is the regulatory change to ship’s speeds and the reason behind it?

I have not heard of this before..........I hope that someone will know the answer.

We missed ports sailing on the Celebrity Eclipse this year because it had muscles on the hull and they couldn't reach cruising speed.

1 minute ago, LindaD22 said:

We were booked for a February 2024 Australia & New Zealand cruise on Enchantment. We got the email of the switch this week and called yesterday to verify our new cabin, since we booked a Jr Suite and really liked the location. The rep didn’t know about the switch, took time to get the information, but unfortunately said the system wasn’t allowing any updates yet. She said we had to wait to be automatically assigned a new cabin and then call if we wanted a change. So much for trying to be proactive!

Good luck!!! Last year when Serenade was exchanged for Brilliance were assigned 2 different cabins on 2 different decks. We called and got the same "answer" - checked back and our original cabins were already booked and at a higher rate. Found out that RCCL allowed new bookings before transferring the already booked folks. It was a mess!!!!!!

55 minutes ago, LindaD22 said:

My situation is same as yours and I'm on b3b for 45 days.  Didn't want to risk getting assigned different cabins for each leg so picked out new cabin on Brilliance and Redeployment Desk confirmed everything yesterday.  Call 1-888-281-9344.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, MindyJohn said:

My situation is same as yours and I'm on b3b for 45 days.  Didn't want to risk getting assigned different cabins for each leg so picked out new cabin on Brilliance and Redeployment Desk confirmed everything yesterday.  Call 1-888-281-9344.

Thank you for this info, it’s so helpful. I’m going to call now. I appreciate your help!

On 7/28/2022 at 8:10 PM, Stockjock said:

Got this message today.  I'm being moved from Brilliance to Enchantment, which I presume is a slight step down.  

Your thoughts?

http://www.creative.rccl.com/e-lite/RCI/2016/Executive_Requests/16052976_Cruise_Advisory_Email/images/logo_hero.png

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest,

The International Maritime Organization recently shared new speed regulations we must adhere to and as a result, we’ve repositioned some of our ships for our upcoming 2023/2024 season. Our original plan for Brilliance of the Seas was to continue offering sailings departing from Tampa, Florida through April 29th, 2023 and begin its European season on May 15th, 2023, before making its way back to Tampa, Florida in November 2023. Instead, Brilliance will now sail from Vancouver, British Columbia starting April 3rd, 2023 and Sydney, Australia beginning October 23rd, 2023.

Enchantment of the Seas will now take Brilliance’s place in Florida and Europe and will offer similar itineraries! Starting July 28th, 2022, we’ll automatically move you to the new Enchantment of the Seas sailing departing on the same day as your original Brilliance of the Seas cruise. You’ll receive like-for-like accommodations onboard Enchantment of the Seas, and your amenities will remain the same.

Your vacation is important to us. While we’re confident you’ll have an amazing time onboard Enchantment and enjoy many of the same features as Brilliance, we still want you to have the flexibility to make the best decision for you and those in your party. Below, we’ve outlined your options along with a few additional details.

Option 1: Stay onboard the new Enchantment of the Seas cruise.

• We’ll automatically move you to the Enchantment of the Seas sailing departing on the same day as your original cruise. So, there’s nothing for you to do!
  • Your new sailing will still offer the same beautiful ports as your original cruise, and it’ll depart from the same destination. 
  • We’ll move you to a like-for-like stateroom and your original stateroom category price will either be protected at your original cruise fare rate or reduced to the current cruise fare rate (whichever is lower). This excludes taxes, fees, gratuities, and other non-cruise fare items. 

Option 2: Re-book any other Royal Caribbean International sailing.

• If you prefer to re-book another sailing, we’ll waive any non-refundable deposit change fees.
  • Please know, you’ll be responsible for any difference in pricing for your cruise fare, taxes, fees, gratuities, and other non-cruise fare items. 

Option 3: If you can’t find a new itinerary that works for you and choose to cancel, we’ll be sad to see you go. You’ll receive: 

• A full refund of any paid portion of your cruise fare (including non-refundable deposits) and any pre-paid amenities to the original form of payment within 14 business days – some international banking and financial institutions may have a processing time of approximately 30 business days.
    • If you used a Future Cruise Credit on this sailing, and you request a refund instead, we’ll refund any NEW funds paid above the certificate amount, and we’ll reinstate your original certificate.  
  • If you booked your airfare through Royal Caribbean International, it will be automatically refunded to you. However, if you booked on your own, please contact the service provider directly for your options with them.
  • Please know, if you choose this option, we will not provide additional compensation.

Please note, any Cruise Planner purchases for your original Brilliance of the Seas sailing will automatically be cancelled and refunded to your original form of payment. Feel free to re-book these items on your new ship and sail date.

There are a lot of moving parts when it comes to shifting an entire season of sailings and rebooking all guests, so we ask for your patience as we work to make this process as easy as possible for you. All moves will be completed by August 18th, 2022, and we’ll send an updated reservation confirmation with your revised details to the email address on file as soon as your reservation has been completely updated with the pricing fully adjusted. If you decide to go with Option 2 or 3, please call us at 888-281-9344 or contact your Travel Advisor by August 18th, 2022. And know, hold times may be longer than usual. If we haven’t heard from you by August 18th, 2022, you’ll remain booked on the alternate Enchantment of the Seas sailing.

If you have any questions, please contact your Travel Advisor immediately or contact us at: 

• 1 888 281 9344 in the U.S.
  • 1800 754 500 in Australia / 0800 102 123 in New Zealand
  • In the UK only, by using our webchatservice or by calling 0344 493 4005
  • All other countries, please visit http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contactusfor your local Royal Caribbean International office phone number.

Thank you for understanding, and we hope you find another cruise with us. Whether you are celebrating a special occasion or looking to explore, relax, and recharge, we have no doubt your time with us will be nothing short of amazing.

Sincerely,

Aurora Yera-Rodriguez
AVP | Guest Experience
Royal Caribbean International

this is definitely a step down... brilliance much better ship than enchantment..BTW stockjock...we have been on a roll all with you before.. not sure which cruise...

Not sure what we will do.. we were booked on july 3-10 2023 barcelona to rome.. BUMMER.

mary anne

1 minute ago, ilantime said:

this is definitely a step down... brilliance much better ship than enchantment..BTW stockjock...we have been on a roll all with you before.. not sure which cruise...

Not sure what we will do.. we were booked on july 3-10 2023 barcelona to rome.. BUMMER.

mary anne

Hi Mary Anne, we're on a different one in October.  This musical ships thing is disappointing.  And the offer of $50 is pretty ridiculous.  We'll see if anything changes.  Maybe I'm being too harsh, but Enchantment seems like one of those ships pretty well ready for the scrapyard, or pawned off to some 3rd world cruise line.

16 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

Hi Mary Anne, we're on a different one in October.  This musical ships thing is disappointing.  And the offer of $50 is pretty ridiculous.  We'll see if anything changes.  Maybe I'm being too harsh, but Enchantment seems like one of those ships pretty well ready for the scrapyard, or pawned off to some 3rd world cruise line.

i agree exactly.. we used to take them to bahamas from FL way back when...

I went to look for roll call for our cruise and did not see one (july3-10, 2023)

is there a chance that they will refurbish?  otherwise there will be lots of unhappy folks.

we have friends who booked but not with royal and now they do not even have a balcony cabin.

thanks for writing.. mary anne

Its actually pretty funny brilliance was switched to vancouver alaskan sailing as i don’t think a lot of us here would have known the difference. Its only from reading cruise critic that i read about radiance class ships and have wanted to sail on them.

9 minutes ago, ilantime said:

i agree exactly.. we used to take them to bahamas from FL way back when...

I went to look for roll call for our cruise and did not see one (july3-10, 2023)

is there a chance that they will refurbish?  otherwise there will be lots of unhappy folks.

we have friends who booked but not with royal and now they do not even have a balcony cabin.

thanks for writing.. mary anne

I see that Enchantment is apparently scheduled for dry dock 4th quarter 2023.  That wouldn't do most of us any good and I don't suspect that it will be a major rejuvenation/refurbishment anyway.

15 minutes ago, latebuyer said:

Its actually pretty funny brilliance was switched to vancouver alaskan sailing as i don’t think a lot of us here would have known the difference. Its only from reading cruise critic that i read about radiance class ships and have wanted to sail on them.

16 minutes ago, latebuyer said:

8 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

I see that Enchantment is apparently scheduled for dry dock 4th quarter 2023.  That wouldn't do most of us any good and I don't suspect that it will be a major rejuvenation/refurbishment anyway.

thanks for the heads up.. I just checked my cabin on brilliance.. nothing like it on enchantment, maybe I am cruise shopping again..

mary anne