Is it just my Cruise Planner, or are the DBP prices actually getting lower ?

There have been several threads about the high prices of the DBP here on CC causing a lot of blow back. I've noticed in the last week or so that the pricing of the DBP on a couple of cruises we have booked have slowly been coming down. However, the prices of the other offerings in the Cruise Planner have pretty much remained static. Does anyone think that the ruckus it caused here on CC had an effect on the newly reduced prices? 

Edited by footzz
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, flamingos said:

I'm seeing $65 for all three of the Voyager cruises in late August-September. Last I checked it was high $70's, but I stopped looking months ago.

I think it has to do with no one buying them.

Same here for our October Voyager cruise.  $78 is the highest I've seen.  It's been $75 via BOGO50, $70 with 20% off (Royal math!) and $65 with 35% off.  It was $65 for the Memorial Day (when I bought) and July 4th sales, but it seems to drop back to $65 for a few days every couple of weeks.  It's $65 right now.  It seems the DBP is not very popular on Voyager.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flamingos said:

I'm seeing $65 for all three of the Voyager cruises in late August-September. Last I checked it was high $70's, but I stopped looking months ago.

People are buying them just like aways and it’s the same type sales of pre covid. Of course they will be more now compared to last year. No reason to no think they should be with inflation. 

12 hours ago, CruisingHogFan said:

No reason to no think they should be with inflation. 

Oh, it has nothing to do with inflation - it has to do with what people will pay.  Look at the Coco Beach Club or over the water cabanas. Their prices fluctuate wildly, with no apparent rhyme or reason.  So long as people will pay the outrageous prices, they will stay high.  

Now if they'd be $18 again for the DBP, that would be something.  🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, flamingos said:

That's exactly what I think happens.  Supply and demand; when the demand is low, the prices go low.  

I noticed recently that the price that had risen exponentially has dropped back down to where  I purchased it over 6 months ago. Just a thought but maybe purchases have dropped a little since the C&A vouchers were upgraded but they certainly aren't near prepandemic pricing.

1 hour ago, Newcruiser215 said:

My Wonder sailing is currently $98 a day. 

I think the ship also helps determine the price.  Shiny new ships like Wonder have more expensive cabins AND more expensive drink/food packages.  Older, smaller ships...not so much.  Definitely supply and demand based.

47 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I think the ship also helps determine the price.  Shiny new ships like Wonder have more expensive cabins AND more expensive drink/food packages.  Older, smaller ships...not so much.  Definitely supply and demand based.

What's odd is the fact that the DBP + Voom package is $97 a day. Isn't that normally more? 

• Like 1

I just repriced the DBP for Odyssey next February. Price decreased from $77.99 (20% off) to $67.99 (30% off), so saved a total of $188.70 for both of us. I originally bought the RP for us and our adult kids (x4) to celebrate my milestone birthday but they had to cancel cause they refuse to get vaccinated. We were going to pay for their cruise too. So, I figured, what the heck, it's my birthday, so switched it to the DBP! Cheers!

Edited by SilkySal
add
  • Like 1

On our next cruise, DBP is on sale for $65.  Voom S&S 2-device is $31.19 and DBP + Voom S&S is $82.  The final check-out price of 2x DBP + Voom is $1322.28.  For 2x DBP and Voom S&S 2-device it's $1,292.13.  Guess what I bought?