Deployment 2024-25 booking season begins

8 hours ago, erinsmom03 said:

What did you dislike about Apex? We've never done a Celebrity cruise yet, but might consider it if they have an itinerary we like more.

Not LB, but though I enjoyed our Beyond cruise, for my husband it's a deal breaker that there is no higher deck forward facing lounge to sit and watch the waves. 

Some dislike the infinity balconies also.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, erinsmom03 said:

What did you dislike about Apex? We've never done a Celebrity cruise yet, but might consider it if they have an itinerary we like more.

JMHO - not enough bars; all decor the same and drab; lots of wasted space; not a comfortable chair on the ship: IVs are pointless; but loved the 4 dining room concept. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, sgmn said:

Not LB, but though I enjoyed our Beyond cruise, for my husband it's a deal breaker that there is no higher deck forward facing lounge to sit and watch the waves. 

Some dislike the infinity balconies also.

1 hour ago, little britain said:

JMHO - not enough bars; all decor the same and drab; lots of wasted space; not a comfortable chair on the ship: IVs are pointless; but loved the 4 dining room concept. 

Thanks to both of you. I will definitely be doing more research before making this decision. So far, I don't see an itinerary that would work in 2024 on Edge. Still trying to be hopeful that the RC itineraries will be what we are looking for.

Just realized that Utopia will be debuting in Spring 2024 (as of now....I wouldn't be surprised to see a delay), so she should technically be included in this year's deployment release. I don't imagine they will delay as long as they did for Icon since she isn't a new class. I'm curious if she'll head to Asia perhaps, in place of Wonder's original schedule, or if cruising in the region still hasn't rebounded enough.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

8 hours ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

Just realized that Utopia will be debuting . I'm curious if she'll head to Asia perhaps, in place of Wonder's original schedule, or if cruising in the region still hasn't rebounded enough.

I doubt Utopia will be heading to Asia/pacific as there’s limited LNG .

9 hours ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

Just realized that Utopia will be debuting in Spring 2024 (as of now....I wouldn't be surprised to see a delay), so she should technically be included in this year's deployment release. I don't imagine they will delay as long as they did for Icon since she isn't a new class. I'm curious if she'll head to Asia perhaps, in place of Wonder's original schedule, or if cruising in the region still hasn't rebounded enough.

Hi.

What class of Ship is Utopia of the Seas?

2 minutes ago, Vancouver-Cruiser said:

I hope this isn't a stupid question, but would the 2024 spring and fall transatlantics usually be released at the same time as Europe 2024/2025? I'm cruising now and will pick up a few NextCruise bookings if there is a strong probability.

It can vary.  Sometimes yes and sometimes no.  Personally I would not buy the NCC of you were planning on them specifically for that as you have to pick a sailing within 60 days in order to get the OBC

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It can vary.  Sometimes yes and sometimes no.  Personally I would not buy the NCC of you were planning on them specifically for that as you have to pick a sailing within 60 days in order to get the OBC

Thanks. I've lost that bet before. Not that the $100 is a huge deal. The smaller deposit is nice though. I'm accumulating a large amount of money on RCL's balance sheet, with about 20 cruises booked. Guess I'm doing my part to help with their liquidity issues!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Vancouver-Cruiser said:

I'm accumulating a large amount of money on RCL's balance sheet, with about 20 cruises booked. Guess I'm doing my part to help with their liquidity issues!

While deposits are listed in their SEC filings, those funds are generally escrowed and can’t be used for anything else (so they are available in case of bankruptcy/liquidation for refunds). 

• Like 1

On 11/5/2022 at 6:58 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

I like to buy them because when I happen upon a bargain cruise I already have my deposit paid for and it gives me a reason to book another cruise😏

Edited by librarylady19
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MissDaisyofTexas said:

Do we know any more info about which ships will be in Europe for summer 2024? (specifically Norway fjords?)

The sailings are scheduled to be released next week, but keep an eye out tomorrow for test sailings to be loaded on the system. One sailing for each ship usually pops up and will give you an indication of their home ports.

• Like 5