Deployment 2024-25 booking season begins

5 hours ago, springaussie said:

Geoff  my guess leaving Alaska early to start the Aussie cruises earlier.

I can't see that stacking up on a revenue basis unless Brilliance was replaced by another ship.  

Anthem is available for Alaska in 2024 if replaced by Odyssey in NJ (h/t Jumping Cruiser) , but surely a mid season swap is unlikely.  

Utopia's deployment and any trickle down might provide a clue.    

11 hours ago, Jack McGowan said:

Long shot, but perhaps she will stay in Europe over winter?

I've always felt there was a market for 3 + 4  night cruises around the Canaries in winter with the occasional longer one taking in Funchal and/or Cape Verde, in similar fashion to the itineraries Navigator does out of LA.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2022 at 8:11 AM, FionaMG said:

I've always felt there was a market for 3 + 4  night cruises around the Canaries in winter with the occasional longer one taking in Funchal and/or Cape Verde, in similar fashion to the itineraries Navigator does out of LA.

Back in 2010 I sailed on a 5 nighter on Adventure from Malaga to Tenerife and Maderia and it was wonderful!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

Back in 2010 I sailed on a 5 nighter on Adventure from Malaga to Tenerife and Maderia and it was wonderful!

I believe it! 

We did the 7-night itinerary out of Malaga in 2011. Great for us because we can drive there, so I wish they still did them.

18 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

I believe it! 

We did the 7-night itinerary out of Malaga in 2011. Great for us because we can drive there, so I wish they still did them.

7 night out of Malaga on Adventure was my first cruise. Perfect weather in October. My second cruise was the Transatlantic in 2012 from Malaga to San Juan on Adventure. 

That was Royals last cruise from Malaga. Still remember the send off we got.

Prefer Malaga to Barcelona any day

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

There are cruises out of the NYC area, in the snow, in the winter.

Braver souls than me! 

I'm booked on the 23rd of April sailing and am not at all convinced I'm not going to freeze! :classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

Braver souls than me! 

I'm booked on the 23rd of April sailing and am not at all convinced I'm not going to freeze! :classic_laugh:

From where? Sailed from Miami to Amsterdam this past April 29th.  Pleasant weather. 

1 minute ago, njkruzer said:

From where? Sailed from Miami to Amsterdam this past April 29th.  Pleasant weather. 

Oops, I meant to say 23rd of April on Anthem out of Cape Liberty. I'm hoping it will be a mild spring in NYC! 

On 10/18/2022 at 6:34 PM, geoff2802 said:

I agree about mainland China.  Too much geopolitical tension.  

I was thinking cruises from Japan and perhaps some from HK.  

I saw a video yesterday whereby Costa announced they have cancelled their entire upcoming Asia deployment. Reasoning was it was due to Covid protocols in area, and they do not see a change in these requirements anytime soon. 

normally when one cruise line pulls out most follow. 

1 hour ago, FionaMG said:

Oops, I meant to say 23rd of April on Anthem out of Cape Liberty. I'm hoping it will be a mild spring in NYC! 

I have friends who are on the Anthem TA out of Southampton now and they said she rocked and rolled throughout the crossing and it was very foggy!

1 hour ago, FionaMG said:

Should be about 60 then. By the following afternoon should be 65-70. I'm on that cruise too. It has an extra day in Miami.

13 minutes ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

I have friends who are on the Anthem TA out of Southampton now and they said she rocked and rolled throughout the crossing and it was very foggy!

Boston., rocking and rolling until just before we got to Ponta Delgado.  Lovely weather there and until we got to Halifax yesterday.   Very foggy on arrival and then again that afternoon before we left.  Wet and foggy at sea and today but Boston tomorrow is supposed to be clear.  Sailing today maybe foggy but it is smooth. 

3 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Boston., rocking and rolling until just before we got to Ponta Delgado.  Lovely weather there and until we got to Halifax yesterday.   Very foggy on arrival and then again that afternoon before we left.  Wet and foggy at sea and today but Boston tomorrow is supposed to be clear.  Sailing today maybe foggy but it is smooth. 

Done 8 Halloween Repo's out of Boston, over half them the Ship was Rocking and Rolling. Been on a Ship last for weeks and Vomit Bags were out at least 4nites. Like my Sunny Sea Days but I dont like to be on a Ship where you cant feel at least some of the the motion of the Ocean

31 minutes ago, mets123 said:

Should be about 60 then. By the following afternoon should be 65-70. I'm on that cruise too. It has an extra day in Miami.

Still a bit cooler than I'd like. Maybe I'll hope for an unseasonal heatwave instead. :classic_laugh: 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Spurschick said:

I saw a video yesterday whereby Costa announced they have cancelled their entire upcoming Asia deployment. Reasoning was it was due to Covid protocols in area, and they do not see a change in these requirements anytime soon. 

normally when one cruise line pulls out most follow. 

Royal won’t be going back to China in long time ,one of the regions said expect lock downs for the next 5 years.

Japan could be a possible deployment??

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Royal won’t be going back to China in long time ,one of the regions said expect lock downs for the next 5 years.

Japan could be a possible deployment??

Has Japan given the given the green light to cruising?   I  may  have read somewhere from March 2023. for Japan. 

Heaps of high tier Royal Oz cruisers are booked on the Spectrum  to Japan from Singapore  in August 2023. Most are on for the 2 cruises with great fares.  

30 minutes ago, springaussie said:

Has Japan given the given the green light to cruising?   I  may  have read somewhere from March 2023. for Japan. 

Heaps of high tier Royal Oz cruisers are booked on the Spectrum  to Japan from Singapore  in August 2023. Most are on for the 2 cruises with great fares.  

I thought Japan was open soon ,Korea has just announced opening early next month.

https://cruisepassenger.com.au/news/japan-cruising-is-back-here-are-the-best-deals/

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/28537-south-korea-opens-to-cruise-ships.html

I don’t know about Hong Kong though,they have to get permission of the central government and they are tightening down on Covid.

• Like 1