Suite Breakfast and Club Class Dining on Crown Princess

NavyVeteran

I have two questions for anyone who has sailed the Crown Princess recently:

• Is the suite breakfast in Sabatini's (Deck 16) or in Crown Grill (Deck 7)?
  • Is Club Class in Da Vinci (Deck 6) or in Michelangelo (Deck 5)?

We haven't sailed on the Crown Princess since 2013, and this will be our first time in a suite on this ship. It will also be our first time in an aft suite, so I'm wondering how far DW will have to walk to meals.

1 hour ago, NavyVeteran said:

I have two questions for anyone who has sailed the Crown Princess recently:

• Is the suite breakfast in Sabatini's (Deck 16) or in Crown Grill (Deck 7)?
  • Is Club Class in Da Vinci (Deck 6) or in Michelangelo (Deck 5)?

We haven't sailed on the Crown Princess since 2013, and this will be our first time in a suite on this ship. It will also be our first time in an aft suite, so I'm wondering how far DW will have to walk to meals.

Club Class DR is deck 6 DaVinci, Starboard Side. Walking will be half the length of the ship. You must walk on deck 7 or above. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, skynight said:

Club Class DR is deck 6 DaVinci, Starboard Side. Walking will be half the length of the ship. You must walk on deck 7 or above. 

That's what I thought. We had originally booked this holiday Hawaii cruise in a window suite on the Grand Princess last year before that cruise was cancelled. You can't get more convenient than a window suite and Club Class dining.

Breakfast in Sabatini's or Crown Grill will be a much shorter walk. Sabatini's looks really convenient - right off the aft lifts, and the Crown Grill isn't that much forward.

On 8/2/2022 at 5:09 PM, NavyVeteran said:

That's what I thought. We had originally booked this holiday Hawaii cruise in a window suite on the Grand Princess last year before that cruise was cancelled. You can't get more convenient than a window suite and Club Class dining.

Breakfast in Sabatini's or Crown Grill will be a much shorter walk. Sabatini's looks really convenient - right off the aft lifts, and the Crown Grill isn't that much forward.

I'll be on the Crown right after you on the 10-day Sea of Cortez sailing!  This will be my first suite experience ever too 🙂. Enjoy!

1 hour ago, PumpkinPatches said:

I'll be on the Crown right after you on the 10-day Sea of Cortez sailing!  This will be my first suite experience ever too 🙂. Enjoy!

Uh oh - once in a suite, you might never go back.  At least that's how it worked for us.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DiRonT said:

Uh oh - once in a suite, you might never go back.  At least that's how it worked for us.

Once we had club class we have never been able to go back that is for sure

18 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

New thread said that the Crown will be homeported in San Francisco.  Interesting development.  Hmmmm 

Hmmm - is correct.  Not seeing anything on Princess site regarding this.  We have a 15 day Hawaii cruise out of L.A. in March of 2023 so hope that hasn't changed.  Trying to stick with cruises out of K.A. so no flying and also prefer the older ships with promenade decks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DiRonT said:

Hmmm - is correct.  Not seeing anything on Princess site regarding this.  We have a 15 day Hawaii cruise out of L.A. in March of 2023 so hope that hasn't changed.  Trying to stick with cruises out of K.A. so no flying and also prefer the older ships with promenade decks.

Oops - meant "out of L.A.".

16 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

New thread said that the Crown will be homeported in San Francisco.  Interesting development.  Hmmmm 

I believe it’s true.  Looks like the schedules for the America’s are also posted for 2023 and 2024 on this forum.  So, the Crown appears to be coming on a cruise from Vancouver to SF on or around October 19, 2023 and will stay in SF for awhile.  I’ve really loved the Ruby being here and am so excited about the Royal being here this Sept. 
Oh well. I’ll probably book on the Crown when she gets here, although, she’s not my all time favorite ship in the Princess fleet.  I might find myself heading down to LA a bit more often, even though San Francisco is so very close.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DiRonT said:

Someone just posted a reply to my concern.  Change would not happen until October 2023.  Sorry to sound the alarm.  

40 minutes ago, DiRonT said:

Oops - meant "out of L.A.".

Hi @DiRonT, noticed you caught you typo within a minute, did you know you can edit your post within a certain amount of time instead of typing your corrected post? I think you have 10-15 minutes to ‘edit’.

Just click on the 3 ‘dots’ next to the post # in the upper right corner, it will then have a drop down option to ‘edit’.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wallyj said:

Hi @DiRonT, noticed you caught you typo within a minute, did you know you can edit your post within a certain amount of time instead of typing your corrected post? I think you have 10-15 minutes to ‘edit’.

Just click on the 3 ‘dots’ next to the post # in the upper right corner, it will then have a drop down option to ‘edit’.

Cool - thanks!  Guess we are never too old to learn. (Now all I have to do is remember this info - LOL!!)

Although I liked Club Class dining on Crown over the 4th of July week, I am very annoyed about the "all you can drink package". I ended up being charged for drinks and to this day have not received a refund...even though I have a called and asked for the refund. This is not right! Don't call something all you can drink and then even though there are medallions that tell the servers exactly what drink plan you have... they charge my credit card. I am about to call Amex and have them dispute the charges!

9 hours ago, DiRonT said:

We sure did. After being in a suite, we did one cruise in a regular balcony cabin and two cruises in inside cabins--and they were 15 and 16 nights long transatlantics. The difference in price was worth it.

53 minutes ago, SmedonSeas said:

Although I liked Club Class dining on Crown over the 4th of July week, I am very annoyed about the "all you can drink package". I ended up being charged for drinks and to this day have not received a refund...even though I have a called and asked for the refund. This is not right! Don't call something all you can drink and then even though there are medallions that tell the servers exactly what drink plan you have... they charge my credit card. I am about to call Amex and have them dispute the charges!

Sorry you were charged for drinks.  I check my account daily on all ships all lines.  They make mistakes and generally it takes a couple of days to get things reversed while on board.   We prepaid some Crown Grill dinners and where charged, checking our account caught it right away.  Reminded staff daily our dinner was already prepaid and got charges reversed before I got off the ship.   I have cruised 9 different lines over the years, found mistakes on other lines too. 

• Like 2

The Crown's okay - had the best Manicotti of my life in the old Sabatini's on deck 16 before they SHARE'd it.  Glad it's back.  But:

We book suites and are thermal suite denizens and the Crown, Emerald and Ruby have it down a staircase or goofy wheelchair lift, and DW is in a scooter so it is a royal pain to go to the Thermal Suite and so we tend to avoid those 3 ships.

12 hours ago, SmedonSeas said:

There is no such thing as an all you can drink package

Edited by memoak
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, DiRonT said:

That might have held true for us, but our steward didn't seem to know (or have...could have been a supply issue) about 80% of the promised suite benefits. We were totally disappointed. The cabin was beautiful, but not worth the $$$ for what we got.

10 hours ago, Papa Yoda said:

The Crown's okay - had the best Manicotti of my life in the old Sabatini's on deck 16 before they SHARE'd it.  Glad it's back.  But:

We book suites and are thermal suite denizens and the Crown, Emerald and Ruby have it down a staircase or goofy wheelchair lift, and DW is in a scooter so it is a royal pain to go to the Thermal Suite and so we tend to avoid those 3 ships.

So sorry, we are also big fans of Thermal Suite on the older ships. But very lucky we don't have physical limitations.  We do not care for the Enclave on the royal class ships (or the lack of the promenade deck).

1 hour ago, JF - retired RRT said:

That might have held true for us, but our steward didn't seem to know (or have...could have been a supply issue) about 80% of the promised suite benefits. We were totally disappointed. The cabin was beautiful, but not worth the $$$ for what we got.

I believe the size of the suite , suite breakfast, club class dining, 2nd mini bar (if you are elite) and tons of water are well worth it. Not sure what you didn’t get but if you were on a Royal class ship you should have seen the concierge or if an earlier class ship guest services

• Like 1

23 hours ago, DiRonT said:

Not for us. While suites are nice and all and we've enjoyed many of them on various ships - on Princess, absolutely not a problem going back to balcony or Oceanview or insides, depending on itinerary. The suites and perks aren't worth the significant cost jump over other cabins, IMO.. 

On Celebrity, suites are fab - not just larger cabins and a separate breakfast but so so much more!  There, it's much more of a difficult decision to take a lower cabin category over a suite, regardless of itinerary, etc. 

To each their own...