FAVORITE SPECIALTY RESTAURANT

Lvntrvl

I like them all, really.  But we rarely do teppanyaki, because we have three restaurants around where we live that we can go to for that.  And as much as I like it, we only do Moderno every few cruises because my wife says "It's just SO MUCH FOOD!"  🙄🙂
Keep in mind you can get a really good meal at the complimentary Asian restaurant, too.

With the FAS meals plus Latitudes meals we eat at Cagney's, La Cucina, and Le Bistro at least once each cruise.

• Like 1

My favorites in order. Side note: Have not had the option of trying Onda, or Ocean Blue as of yet:

1) Le Bistro

2) Cagney's

3) Moderno (agree too much tasty food!)

4) Teppanyaki

5) Food Republic (would be much higher on list if it was unlimited all you can eat and covered by FAS/Lattitude Meal)  🙂

Edited by Warm-Water Diver

@Lvntrvl

1) Le Bistro

2) Cagney's

3) Moderno 

4) Teppanyaki

Especially any that comes free!!!

The old mushroom soup in Le Bistro was to die for!!

Moderno is still good but I wouldn't pay for it especially since it change radically a couple of years ago, some things are missing now..

We only started Teppanyaki when we got it free, again too expensive these days.

I have to go with Ocean Blue.   In spite of being a seafood restaurant, they seemed to have the best vegetarian options.   They had very good outdoor dining, which is my #1 criterion.  The MDR's didn't have outdoor dining like the Haven does, so if it's good weather and there is good scenery outside, then that is what the specialty dining is all about.  In Alaska, we bundled up and booked Ocean Blue during a glacier scenic sailing, which gave us exclusive access to that part of the ship.  No standing behind other people's shoulders on the Sky Deck or the Observation Lounge--we just sat at dinner and watched the scenery go by, with binoculars around our necks.  Spotted some whales every now and then, and a bear.  From our table.

La Cucina was also good for outdoor seating, but their vegetarian options were primarily high-carb.

I see lots of votes for Cagneys and Le Bistro, but generally I don't see that they have outdoor seating.

• Like 1

Favorites

Onda

Cagneys

Los Lobos

Teppanyaki 

Food Republic

Shanghai's (On Epic if they still have it)

Least Favorites

Le Bistro (I know I am in the minority but this is the most over-rated place ever)

La Cucina (Dennys on the high sea - most everything is MDR quality)

Edited by david_sobe
  • Like 1

For me, the order is:

Moderno

Teppanyaki

La Cucina

Cagneys

Le Bistro

Having only been on smaller ships for the past few years, I've been restricted to those ones. I miss Food Republic (not been on a ship with that restaurant since 2015), and Onda looks good.

I also think that the Asian restaurants on the smaller ships are very good. I would probably still go there if there was a small upcharge.

• Like 1

We loved Moderno on our last cruise, was very underwhelmed with Ocean Blue.   We are doing Teppenyaki for the first time, as my daughter hasn't seen "the show" yet.   Cagneys is good as is La Cuchina.  Not a big fan of French food so haven't done Le Bistro.  But honestly, if we didn't get the free specialty promotion, we'd just eat in the MDR.  I'm perfectly fine with that.   I'd say though, that Moderno is probably our favorite.