BIG announcement today....or not???

STEVE-O

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

Seems weird that Royal would have a big announcement on a Sunday.

Lol and no link as to why he thinks today. 

Rcl said they would announce new protocols by august 14 ... and they made a announcement but it was about unvaxxed can cruise. Nothing exciting...but it was made by august 14. They didnt say two announcements.

I'm sure everyone is wondering about where OP saw rcl would make a announcement today. I am wondering anyway along with you.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Rcl said they would announce new protocols by august 14 ... and they made a announcement but it was about unvaxxed can cruise. Nothing exciting...but it was made by august 14. They didnt say two announcements.

I'm sure everyone is wondering about where OP saw rcl would make a announcement today. I am wondering anyway along with you.

This was part of a post that the OP must have read. They didn’t actually say it would be today 

Please note that guests confirmed on U.S. sailings departing on or before August 7, 2022, should adhere to protocols previously communicated.

For those clients booked after August 14, 2022, please await the specific protocol details from us related to those sailings. 

As we begin to transition to a point where everyone, regardless of vaccination status, will be able to sail with us once again, we continue to work closely with our destination partners. Additional information will soon follow, however, until then, current vaccine guidance remains unchanged.

Edited by lovesthebeach2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I agree. I think everyone is wanting Royal to announce no more testing. I don't think that is going to happen just yet.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

This was part of a post that the OP must have read. They didn’t actually say it would be today 

Please note that guests confirmed on U.S. sailings departing on or before August 7, 2022, should adhere to protocols previously communicated.

For those clients booked after August 14, 2022, please await the specific protocol details from us related to those sailings. 

As we begin to transition to a point where everyone, regardless of vaccination status, will be able to sail with us once again, we continue to work closely with our destination partners. Additional information will soon follow, however, until then, current vaccine guidance remains unchanged.

I think it is very likely there isn't another announcement coming today but they are going to confuse people when they tell them that guests booked after August 14 should wait for further guidance and then they don't provide any further guidance.  The latest announcement regarding changes to vaccine protocols are for cruises starting in September - that's not exactly further guidance for those sailing between August 15 and September 4.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Ok and as I posted above rcl has made a announcement of new protocols since they said they would announce more by august 14. 

My question was why would op post this. I'm aware of what that said and what the subsequent rcl announcement was. ... it's done, happened. Would have to be a 2nd announcement. And why today who knows. 

12 minutes ago, prmssk said:

I think it is very likely there isn't another announcement coming today but they are going to confuse people when they tell them that guests booked after August 14 should wait for further guidance and then they don't provide any further guidance.  The latest announcement regarding changes to vaccine protocols are for cruises starting in September - that's not exactly further guidance for those sailing between August 15 and September 4.

I am booked for August 20 on Allure.   Just two days ago I got an email that the time for testing was now three days instead of two days.   I think that is the extent of the August 14 change, that they are making the 3 days a permanent change, as it was previously specifically announced just for cruises the week of August 6 to 13.

13 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Ok and as I posted above rcl has made a announcement of new protocols since they said they would announce more by august 14. 

My question was why would op post this. I'm aware of what that said and what the subsequent rcl announcement was. ... it's done, happened. Would have to be a 2nd announcement. And why today who knows. 

That is not what they said.  Read the quote.

1 minute ago, reallyitsmema said:

That is not what they said.  Read the quote.

I've read it many times and even quoted it myself. And imo the announcement has already been made.

If there was a additional announcement by august 14 great. I guess we all read the same thing differently. I'd be overjoyed if they said no pretesting. Which is what I want to hear. I'm on sept 11 liberty. Bring it on a 2nd announcement before august 14. We are anxiously hoping rcl follows carnival  but might be too late for us on liberty. .

24 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

4 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I've read it many times and even quoted it myself. And imo the announcement has already been made.

If there was a additional announcement by august 14 great. I guess we all read the same thing differently. I'd be overjoyed if they said no pretesting. Which is what I want to hear. I'm on sept 11 liberty. Bring it on a 2nd announcement before august 14. We are anxiously hoping rcl follows carnival  but might be too late for us on liberty. .

No where does it say there will be an announcement by August 14 as you say it says.  The exact quote is:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, prmssk said:

Actually I got one specific to my cruise on 8/20 that the testing was now allowed 3 days pre-cruise instead of just 2.   So it applies to cruises after 8/14 but before Sept. 4.

3 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

It's Sunday!...football is back! :classic_biggrin:

Granted its only preseason but ill take it . Get to see some first round picks do their thing. Kenny Pickett had a good outing in Pittsburgh yesterday .

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, 3yorkies said:

Actually I got one specific to my cruise on 8/20 that the testing was now allowed 3 days pre-cruise instead of just 2.   So it applies to cruises after 8/14 but before Sept. 4.

I'm glad you got an e-mail clarifying.  Someone else posted just today on this board that they are on a 4 night cruise on August 15 and the e-mail they received said they had to test.  They contacted Royal who confirmed the e-mail was wrong and a test was not required for their itinerary.  It seems so many of the e-mails from Royal about protocols are mass-generated and so they don't always match up to current protocols for that particular sailing.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, 3yorkies said:

But not for Bermuda cruises. This was on the authorisations we received today for our 8/21 cruise:

Capture.JPG

• Like 1

For those of us sailing from a European port, still waiting for update and hoping pretesting changes.   Right now, sailing from Italy requires a pretest no later than two days ahead.   

still proceeding like nothing has changed for our cruise of 30 August.    

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, CRUIS4ME said:

For those of us sailing from a European port, still waiting for update and hoping pretesting changes.   Right now, sailing from Italy requires a pretest no later than two days ahead.   

still proceeding like nothing has changed for our cruise of 30 August.    

Which is funny because I'm flying to Italy in a couple weeks and no testing is required to fly there. I'm not getting on a ship while I'm there so I don't have to test, and I can travel freely between other countries while I'm there without testing either.

It would make sense for the cruise lines to get rid of the testing requirement. 

• Like 2