The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday August 22nd, 2022

richwmn

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

It is a cool 14°C and cloudy day.

At this time 41 years ago I was waiting for Pauline to arrive at our church for our wedding.

Thank you for today's daily and fleet reports Rich.

Interesting days.

Nice food.

Cartagena is a nice port.

Prayers 🙏 for good health to everyone on our care list.

Wishing everyone a lovely day.

Graham.

Screenshot_20220819_185615.jpg

IMG_20220822_120923.jpg

Happy Anniversary!  Many, many more!

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the Daily Reports!  All look great and I have my laptop in the truck with me so if it has enough juice left I will share photos of Cartagena. I was there September 2018 on the Konigsdam. Prayers for all and the care list. Strength for the people of Ukraine. 🙏🇺🇦

Edited by ottahand7
  • Like 25

Good morning to all. We have rain here  today but nothing like the situation in Texas. I hope everyone is okay there.

We were  in Cartagena on our last cruise in 2018 on the Prinsendam. It was an interesting port and we even found Roman ruins of a theater.

@superoma, a very happy birthday to your DH!

EFCB222F-8EFD-41C3-9B4E-77F3438D3971.jpeg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

Good morning and thanks for the update. It’s a cool and damp morning and also very humid.

I have been to Cartagena several times. I remember the peacocks at the castle on top of the hill. 
Happy 41st Anniversary to @grapau27and wishes for many more ❤️🍾🎉

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.🙏❤️

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

Peach daiquiri is perfect for the season!  I use frozen peaches, lemonade (or limeade) and rum.  

I am looking forward to pictures and insights about the port of Cartagena; I will there in a little over 2 months.  

Thank you to everyone who posts port pictures on a regular basis.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

@grapau27happy anniversary!  And happy birthday to dh @superoma!  Best wishes to all.

I remember a big Botero in Cartagena!  he was born in Medellin.  

oops - the post should have been about Cartagena Spain - speed reading to catch up does not work.

Edited by Cat in my lap
Mistake
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Top of the morning Dailyites. Thank you to all who contribute. 

More rain today with a high of 88. I have an appointment 20 minutes from home today. Hope we don't have a gully washer.

Lifting prayers for our friends on the Daily. Thank you Roy for keeping our care and celebration lists. 

Sandi hoping your appointment today finds you relief on your pain.

image.png.def89cd6b65d54d7d35af690f52adc5a.png

image.png.6e0008676ab54b209ecf5e0687cd492b.png

Happy tooth fairy day. Blessings, cheers and a wish for all to have an awesome day.

• Like 20

WOW!  In reviewing our past itineraries, we have been to Cartagena 5 times…3 times in 2016 alone.  We have never taken an excursion there, just walked around, shopped, people watched, and had something to eat and drink. 

First - 12/4/09 – =X= Solstice - Rome to Fort Lauderdale.  Lots of interesting sculptures and fountains.

189.thumb.jpg.7e934ed6d83674621456d314a7b2df1d.jpg

190.thumb.jpg.851754f2e2f15efecd567dc4d0894e87.jpg

199.thumb.jpg.3c9cb20db176b2510c65a8c22f4772ec.jpg

201.thumb.jpg.a4dc888e78f5b9bcb30f2d7946f813b2.jpg

204.thumb.jpg.57e2c26305b6577e1c29ed7bbb958b9f.jpg

A nice lunch, too.

208.thumb.jpg.1ff96617eb790600aaf6ae5c6010a59c.jpg

210.thumb.jpg.fa66f435baad3c53f6d7a4f2c7c04648.jpg

211.thumb.jpg.1e1ad1f598aabe16d95d361b321ab98c.jpg

212.thumb.jpg.7595b0ca4f870c9bc50e8c9493a6a05a.jpg

Especially the "homemade" dessert!!

215.thumb.jpg.6ea6bc7e2a721b01acfd7764a4010524.jpg

To be continued ---

• Like 23
  • Thanks 4

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I'm not always an angel, but there certainly have been a lot in our lives lately, for which we are eternally grateful.  Yay for the Tooth Fairy - how many of us remember scrambling around before bed, trying to find some money to put under a little one's pillow?  A hearty Hoodie Hoo to all our friends in the Southern Hemisphere!

This is the first time in about 2 weeks I have felt even close to normal - what a great feeling.  I now know what the "brain fog" is that others have spoken about, and it isn't nice.  

Thank you all for your kind condolences on the loss of my dear friend; it's so nice to know others care.  After spending a couple of hours with Wayne (her husband), it was decided that hubby and I will be presiding over her funeral and burial services.  The two guys will go to the funeral home this morning (along with the adult children) to work out the details as far as date, time, etc.  I didn't feel the need to go along, as there will be enough people there as it is - DH's presence is mainly to support his good friend, plus the fact that he's done over 2 dozen funerals.

@marshhawkplease, no apologies necessary - I certainly didn't take offence to your response, in fact, I agreed with it.  I hope you weren't bothered by it, because I certainly wasn't.

@superomaHappy Birthday to your DH with many returns of the day!

@grapau27Happy Anniversary to you - lovely wedding photos!

There's so much to do today, beginning with getting DH's suit to the cleaners, lots of yard work (trimming off the day lily stems), and laundry, but there's only so much energy to do it.  We still have loads of food in the fridge, so I won't have to worry about what to make for dinner tonight.  It looks like I'm going to have to re-train my liver soon because I haven't had any wine in almost 2 weeks!  LOL

Prayers for everyone needing them, cheers to those celebrating.  Stay safe everyone!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Edited by ger_77
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, puppycanducruise said:

Happy Anniversary Graham and Pauline!! 🥂

2 hours ago, dfish said:

@grapau27 

3fd70c4469801cf6583758a9db429c76.jpg.0d513213a94e010a4888ed6cef400b6f.jpg

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the Monday report, Rich.  An interesting collection of days.  I love the quote.  It looks like I've been to Cartagena just once, 2017 on the Elegant Explorer.  I think I'll pass on the Posole.  My alternative is Chilled Apple Vichyssoise, Orange-Ginger Pork, and Tiramisu as served on MS Veendam August 22, 2013.

Today’s care list:

HAL Sailer Sister in Law with metasticizing mole
ger_77 losing cruising friend Melanie
Tana with persistent problems although somewhat better
Fluff healing from surgery
ger_77 and  DH with covid fatigue
The locks at Ijmuiden(Rotterdam diverted to at least 9/11)
From the rotation:
Strength and healing (physical and emotional) for Kazu
Cruising-along niece awaiting a kidney
Status of St. Louis Sal (7/1), msmayor (5/20) and JAM37 (7/7)
Heartgrove’s Sam severely declining

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Happy Birthday Superoma DH
Happy Anniversary Graham and Pauline
Safety and a new loving home for Shadow
Volendam caring for refugees
ger_77's prescious “almost daughter”
New owner for Maasdam
Norseh20 helping DM find assisted living
Tana starting t feel herself
7 days for Oceansaway17 (Quantum OTS 8/28 to 9/5)
6 days for Vax1700 (Rotterdam 8/28 to 9/11)
Welcome Copper10_8 to Montreal.
Mtn2sea and kplady (Nieuw Statendam  to 8/27), Aliaschief (Rotterdam to 8/28),   Av8rix (Zuiderdam  to 8/31) and Gail&Marty (Rotterdam to 10/15) at sea
Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

2 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

@grapau27, Happy Anniversary to you and Pauline.The wedding pictures are lovely. 

2 hours ago, marshhawk said:

@grapau27and Pauline-

Happy-Anniversary-Cat-Meme.jpg

2 hours ago, kb4683 said:

@grapau27 Graham and Pauline

47948472-FCA3-4781-A0DB-EBE1967F7567.jpeg.06f86f20cae9c9b1a6c551e9928aaafb.jpeg

2 hours ago, superoma said:

@grapau27happy anniversary. You share the day with a great guy, my dh. @rafinmdthanks for putting him on the list

2 hours ago, cat shepard said:

Thank you for today’s Report & Daily, Rich! Big marine layer this morning. But the temperature is gorgeous. 

Thank you for keeping our lists, Roy! Morning Dailyites!  Early gym classes. 

@ger_77 Gerry praying for Melodie, her family and you & DH. I hope you wonderful memories help ease your pain.

@grapau27 Graham & Pauline - Happy Anniversary! Looking forward to seeing how you two celebrated it. 

07F54145-101C-47C4-A7E7-1019277BF6D9.jpeg.9fc98657289d5e145178fcce3635a1b1.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Contucci 2016 Mulinvecchio (Vino Nobile di Montepulciano)

Consistent priced across the online distributors, this superbly rated wine does not carry an hefty price tag. I do wonder what “underbrush” tastes like. 🤔 Several online distributors offering it for $39.99.

Wine Enthusiast Review
Rated 96
#34 TOP 100 CELLAR SELECTIONS 2021

Aromas of truffle, tilled earth, rose, camphor and star anise slowly take shape on the nose of this elegantly structured red. Radiant and savory, the bright, focused palate showcases juicy Morello cherry, strawberry compote and ground cinnamon before a licorice close. Tightly wound, refined tannins and fresh acidity keep it balanced and give it an ageworthy structure. Drink 2024-2036.

Wine Tasting Notes
Aromas of underbrush, pressed violet, blackberry, baked earth and new leather lead the nose of this classic wine. The structured, elegant palate offers succulent black cherry, crushed raspberry, cinnamon, clove and a hint of anise alongside tightly knit but polished tannins that need to unwind. It's already tempting but give this time to develop even more.

Grape varieties: 80% Prugnolo gentile, 10% Canaiolo nero, 10% Colorino

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  I'm leaving here in 10 minutes so just a short post.  Once again happy anniversary to Graham and Pauline @grapau27and @Paw13as well as happy birthday wishes to Mr. @superoma.  

It's nice to see so many new ports of the day including today's Cartagena, Spain!  I enjoyed two visits there and will share photos later after my PT evaluation.  Thinking positive some type of plan to ease the ache in my leg can be formulated.  

"See" you later!

1 hour ago, Love the beach said:

Happy Anniversary!  Many, many more!

1 hour ago, 4966and556 said:

Thank you for the Daily Fleet Report!  The drink sounds good.  I've been to that port twice.  Not overly exciting, but we didn't go on any excursions.   Happy anniversary @grapau27!

1 hour ago, cunnorl said:

@grapau27 A very Happy Anniversary to you and Pauline! \

@superoma Happy Birthday to your DH.

Busy day. Back later

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Happy Anniversary to Graham and Pauline!

6245612E-FC1A-41D3-9564-A227609B2E66.jpeg

1 hour ago, HAL Sailer said:

@grapau27 & Pauline,

💒Happy 41st Anniversary!💒

May you be blessed with many more.

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

image.png.f99eb75e7e555e979e2dbebedbfc1021.png

Happy Anniversary Pauline and Graham!

1 hour ago, ottahand7 said:

@grapau27Happy Anniversary! Thanks for sharing the photos! 🍾

@superomahappy birthday to your DH!

39 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good morning and thanks for the update. It’s a cool and damp morning and also very humid.

I have been to Cartagena several times. I remember the peacocks at the castle on top of the hill. 
Happy 41st Anniversary to @grapau27and wishes for many more ❤️🍾🎉

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.🙏❤️

20 minutes ago, Cat in my lap said:

@grapau27happy anniversary!  And happy birthday to dh @superoma!  Best wishes to all.

I remember a big Botero in Cartagena!  he was born in Medellin.  

oops - the post should have been about Cartagena Spain - speed reading to catch up does not work.

4 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I'm not always an angel, but there certainly have been a lot in our lives lately, for which we are eternally grateful.  Yay for the Tooth Fairy - how many of us remember scrambling around before bed, trying to find some money to put under a little one's pillow?  A hearty Hoodie Hoo to all our friends in the Southern Hemisphere!

This is the first time in about 2 weeks I have felt even close to normal - what a great feeling.  I now know what the "brain fog" is that others have spoken about, and it isn't nice.  

Thank you all for your kind condolences on the loss of my dear friend; it's so nice to know others care.  After spending a couple of hours with Wayne (her husband), it was decided that hubby and I will be presiding over her funeral and burial services.  The two guys will go to the funeral home this morning (along with the adult children) to work out the details as far as date, time, etc.  I didn't feel the need to go along, as there will be enough people there as it is - DH's presence is mainly to support his good friend, plus the fact that he's done over 2 dozen funerals.

@marshhawkplease, no apologies necessary - I certainly didn't take offence to your response, in fact, I agreed with it.  I hope you weren't bothered by it, because I certainly wasn't.

@superomaHappy Birthday to your DH with many returns of the day!

@grapau27Happy Anniversary to you - lovely wedding photos!

There's so much to do today, beginning with getting DH's suit to the cleaners, lots of yard work (trimming off the day lily stems), and laundry, but there's only so much energy to do it.  We still have loads of food in the fridge, so I won't have to worry about what to make for dinner tonight.  It looks like I'm going to have to re-train my liver soon because I haven't had any wine in almost 2 weeks!  LOL

Prayers for everyone needing them, cheers to those celebrating.  Stay safe everyone!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

2 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

🎉 💞 HAPPY 41ST ANNIVERSARY! 💞 🎉

🍾  PAULINE AND GRAHAM 🥂

Thank you to all my dailyite friends for all your lovely 41st anniversary messages for Pauline and myself.

Graham & Pauline xx

• Like 22

Good morning to all

Thank you Rich for the Daily and the Fleet Report.

i like the days especially Be An Angel Day. With that in mind, someone was our Guardian Angel this morning.  As I mentioned in last night’s post, our mailbox did not survive the storm.  it was hanging off the side.  This morning when we got up and I looked out the window, it was back together again.  I have two people in mind who may have fixed it and will have to thank one or both of them.

I have not heard from the tooth fairy in a long time and would like to leave it that way.

As for Southern Hemisphere Hoddie Hoo Day, never heard of it and had to look it up.

I have to pass on the meal since peppers and my tummy do not like each other

The wine is nice and while it may not be the exact thing, we were in Montepulciano this past Spring and tasted many of their wines and they are wonderful.

Pass on the drink.

The quote is interesting.

We were in Cartagena during our cruise this past Spring.  DH and I left the ship but only got as far as the port,  We were so tired from just having had Covid that we turned around and went back to the ship.  We just could not do it.

Thank you Roy for the cares and celebration list.

Prayers for those who are ill and have Covid

Cheers for those celebrating.

@StLouisCruisersgood luck at your PT appointment.  Hopefully they will be able to help with the leg problem.

@superomaHappy Birthday to your DH

@grapau27Happy Anniversary to you and Pauline.

Hope everyone has a great day.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2