No testing for the vaccinated on cruises under 10 days!

ileys

20 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

The Government of Canada currently requires all passengers boarding a cruise ship in Canada or boarding a cruise ship that will be visiting Canada to have pre-embarkation tests.  Nothing to do with the cruise lines, they just get wrongly accused of it.

Yes pre-entry testing and ArriveCAN are still required for all cruise ship passengers entering Canada. It's right here.

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/cruise#pre-embarkation-test

1 hour ago, Tntt said:

I have mixed feelings about this new protocol. I'm glad that we no longer have to do pre cruise testing because it was nerve wrecking however, I am a little concerned about them now accepting home administered covid test because there will be people who will provide false negatives because didn't administer the test correctly and there will be those people that will either purposely submit a false negative or knowingly be sick but still cruise. 

I understand we must get back to the way things were before covid but I think covid cases will soar on cruises now due to this change.... not trying to be negative but all of us with a cruise scheduled in the future should probably accept the fact that we will probably all get off the ship with covid.

My feelings aren't  mixed at all. We're very happy.  Testing hasn't shown to prevent any transmission.  As for cruising "sick", prior to C-19 people cruised sick if they decided to.  Almost everyone now has mild cold or flu symptoms.  Those that boarded carrying the virus but tested negative isn't the same as people who are actually sick and choose to cruise, but there hasn't been any real evidence that the testing made any difference.   Things are back to normal everywhere we go at this point. We're currently at the beach (Ocean City, MD) and we've seen exactly three masks in the last two days.  One was a hotel employee which tells me either he's just gotten over it or has a medical issue.  The other two were children on the boardwalk this morning with their parents who weren't masked.  

As many have been saying and was actually reported the last day or two pretty much everyone has had it at this point, many without even knowing it.  

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, jerseygirl3 said:

I cant believe they are removing vaccine mandates before they do away with testing for vaccinated pax, specifically Transatlantic cruises or any cruise over 10days. 

That will change very quickly also.  All the protocols have changed to what they are today in the last 3 or so weeks. I give it two weeks.

23 minutes ago, Pizzasteve said:

Not only this, but anticipating the first post complaining about the ruined cruise itinerary due to an unvaccinated, untested cruiser who gets seriously ill onboard and then requires diverting the ship to airlift or dock to drop off at a hospital.  It will be what it is as $ for fun are the priority.

It's not 2020...not even close.

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, Pizzasteve said:

Not only this, but anticipating the first post complaining about the ruined cruise itinerary due to an unvaccinated, untested cruiser who gets seriously ill onboard and then requires diverting the ship to airlift or dock to drop off at a hospital.  It will be what it is as $ for fun are the priority.

Did people complain when an old person had a heart attack and required a delay? 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

No opinion, on grounds I may be hammered. We all will just have to sit back and wait for the outcome. Giving an opinion means exactly nothing.

Amen! That's not stopping people from giving their opinions, though. We'll see how it all sorts out.

Objectively - changing it so now that tests are done on the honor system effectively ends testing. I wonder when they'll drop it entirely.

I'm admittedly confused. Are the tests required to be proctored or not regardless of where you go?

We're headed to Bermuda but according to their government website it just needs to be a PCR, NAAT or antigen if you're vaxxed, NAAT or antigen if you're not vaxxed.

If we can do them at home it'd be far less of a hassle to do it the day we fly to Orlando.  

Edit: According to Royal, looks like they need to be proctored.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/is-there-a-telemedicine-option-for-pre-cruise-covid-19-test

Edited by Lady_E

2 hours ago, Finnsmom13 said:

You’d be surprised, there is complaining about everything.

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

I believe the issue is more that all countries are not in alignment. Most are onside but some require assistance from the cruiselines to keep their country as safe as possible. Regardless of what we all assume, the only problem is lack of clarity in communication. they should take the time to individualize current requirements with a color coded system for each and every cruise. If its green, nothing is required, yellow requires your attention, vaxxed and or testing and red is both must be vaccinated and tested. From their they can describe particulars for your cruise.

2 hours ago, Finnsmom13 said:

And it’s not just the old having the heart attacks….just sayin.😉

Some of us oldsters are pretty dang healthy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

And it’s not just the old having the heart attacks….just sayin.😉

Some of us oldsters are pretty dang healthy.

I apologize saying old was 100% wrong of me- 

I was more being sarcastic at people's need to complain over something that they shouldn't 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

Sadly some uncaring passengers do if it causes them any delay or missed port…..😢

We got rerouted one cruise and I was more concerned with the poor person than the few hours of my vacation being effected the vacay I was still able to be on enjoying the ship 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

No opinion, on grounds I may be hammered. We all will just have to sit back and wait for the outcome. Giving an opinion means exactly nothing.

We know what yours is.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Pizzasteve said:

On my Liberty cruise in Dec. 2021 we had a medical diversion and stopped in the evening of the second sea day at Cozumel prior to heading to Roatan.  I have no idea who was sick or what they were sick from.  I expect that that will be the same if there is ever a need to evac a Covid patient.  I'm not worried about it nor will anyone else be.

• Like 3