How Princess plus drinks package now works

Traderboy

18 minutes ago, Jadn13 said:

15 isn’t as many as it sounds since it includes bottled water, specialty coffee or tea and soda.  I haven’t made it to 15 but I have come close. 

I could be wrong, but I believe the 15 drink limit is only for alcoholic drinks. Everything else is unlimited.  I am sure someone will correct me if this is not the case.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, antmaril said:

I could be wrong, but I believe the 15 drink limit is only for alcoholic drinks. Everything else is unlimited.  I am sure someone will correct me if this is not the case.  

Wow!

You are correct! I’ll stop counting now. 

• Alcoholic drinks are limited to 15 beverages per 24-hour period (6 a.m. to 6 a.m.). Alcoholic drinks requested above the daily limits are at the discretion of the shipboard management and crew and charged at regular menu prices.
  • Non-alcoholic drinks do NOT have this limitation, nor do they count toward this maximum.
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Jadn13 said:

Wow!

You are correct! I’ll stop counting now. 

• Alcoholic drinks are limited to 15 beverages per 24-hour period (6 a.m. to 6 a.m.). Alcoholic drinks requested above the daily limits are at the discretion of the shipboard management and crew and charged at regular menu prices.
  • Non-alcoholic drinks do NOT have this limitation, nor do they count toward this maximum.

So you see that 15 is quite a lot of drinking for one person, unless you're a professional at the job. 

8am - 11pm - 15 hours - "1" drink per hour metabolized by your body

6 beers, 4 wines, 3 scotch, 2 (amaretto, Jameson, kalua) coffee drinks

maybe substitute a vodka/grapefruit, champagne , snappes shot

lots of waters to stay hydrated

sea day

j/s

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, voljeep said:

8am - 11pm - 15 hours - "1" drink per hour metabolized by your body

6 beers, 4 wines, 3 scotch, 2 (amaretto, Jameson, kalua) coffee drinks

maybe substitute a vodka/grapefruit, champagne , snappes shot

lots of waters to stay hydrated

sea day

j/s

But this actually proves the point.  That is an ambitious day of drinking (8:00 am start), and it just gets one to 15 drinks.  Where someone is going to slide in a 16th, 17th, 18th and 19th drink (without giving any away to others without a Plan) is hard to fathom.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

But this actually proves the point.  That is an ambitious day of drinking (8:00 am start), and it just gets one to 15 drinks.  Where someone is going to slide in a 16th, 17th, 18th and 19th drink (without giving any away to others without a Plan) is hard to fathom.  

how many "Princess pours" are there in a bottle of wine?

8 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Even for a heavy drinker, 15 drinks in a 24 hour period is sufficient by any standards. I'm sure that Princess did a lot of research before setting that max limit. 

If I drink eight in a single day, then I know I probably won’t be spending the evening in my bed; they’ll find me passed out in a hallway somewhere with a weird hat on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

43 minutes ago, The Mikado said:

If I drink eight in a single day, then I know I probably won’t be spending the evening in my bed; they’ll find me passed out in a hallway somewhere with a weird hat on.

Eight beers spread over 12 hours is nothing. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

I introduced my neighbor to cruising a couple of years before the pandemic. He’s in his 30s and easily drank his limit daily and beyond some days on the 2 cruises we took with him. He was not falling down drunk and did not seem to be anything but happy.  Just saying there’s a group of young partying people out there who can hold their liquor. 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Us old uns can also drink as well !

It’s not a question of holding one’s liquor. It’s a question of how many hours there are in a day coupled with one’s itinerary. If one goes ashore from 8:00-4:00, that leaves 8 hours on the ship. Hard to pound 15 drinks in that time. Heck. It’s hard to be served 15 drinks in that time let alone drink them. 

Edited by JimmyVWine

Just now, JimmyVWine said:

It’s not a question of holding one’s liquor. It’s a question of how many hours there are in a day coupled with one’s itinerary. If one goes ashore from 8:00-4:00, that leaves hours on the ship. Hard to pound 15 drinks in that time. Heck. It’s hard to be served 15 drinks in that time let alone drink them. 

That is true. But, on a sea day, 8 to 10 drinks is no problem. 

• Like 1

Just now, wowzz said:

That is true. But, on a sea day, 8 to 10 drinks is no problem. 

Agree 100%. The jumping off point though was someone complaining that sharing drinks cause the implementation of the 15 drink maximum which ruined things for the rest of us.   I still maintain that the maximum is not unreasonable and frankly out of reach for the vast majority of cruisers. 8 to 10 is only half way to two-thirds the way there!

• Like 2

I never made it past 7 alcoholic drinks in a day when I had Princess Plus. I saw a couple of guys on that cruise be told by a bartender that they had reached the 15-drink limit. One was visibly drunk and fell off his barstool shortly afterward. The other looked fine.

I never started drinking alcoholic drinks until lunch time, when I'd have a glass of wine in the dining room or a beer at Alfredo's. I'd have a drink at the early evening cocktail event, a glass of wine with friends at Vines before dinner, a couple of glasses of wine at dinner, and a drink or two with friends after the show at Crooners, Club 6, or the Crown Grill Bar.

13 hours ago, daydreamer16 said:

What about bottles of sparkling water, Perrier, Pelligrino? Are they included?

As the OP said, yes and unlimited - but just the small bottles.  You have to pay for the large bottles.  Also, I learned just to ask for sparkling water rather than a brand.  Each bar and dining room seems to be randomly stocked with Perrier or San Pelligrino but rarely both together!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Can you order room service alcoholic beverages using the plus program?  I saw answers all over the place on a different site. If you can, can you just order one at a time? I assume you would tip as with regular room service? Can you order soda (fountain)?  

• Like 2