New Promo Starting 9/1?

mike&elena

2 minutes ago, jp2746 said:

I have goodwill credits that I have to use before the end of the year.  We would rather cruise in January but they will not extend them and it would make me physically ill to lose them. 🙂

The funny thing is that they gave us goodwill credits in the amount of our cruise ticket.  My son was $1 because we booked him under that promo so he has $1 of goodwill credits.  It kind of stinks since these credits were basically an "I'm sorry" for canceling your cruise one hour before departure.  I would love to get the same price I paid originally!  It was the first time that I ever wished I had overpaid for a cruise! lol

I have it on good authority that changes to expiration dates are coming soon.

Edited by suzyed
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, suzyed said:

I have it on good authority that changes to expiration dates are coming soon.

Would it be for goodwill credits or FCC?  I have heard that people have been able to get their FCC extended but not their goodwill credits.  

Edited by jp2746
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, jp2746 said:

Would it be for goodwill credits or FCC?  I have heard that people have been able to get their FCC extended but not their goodwill credits.  

Not sure...I guess we will know soon enough.

5 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Do these promos really ever actually change anything?  I think they just recycle a couple of different packages and rename them, but ultimately they are all the same.

I imagine that if one wanted that Plus package, there might be some savings.   But, probably not as much to cover the $50.00. per person per day price of adding the Plus Package to today's fares.

We will soon see!

I imagine the discounted fare that we are getting when logged in to our Princess CC Account will disappear.   So, I will check, but I am not really thinking that it would save us enough to bother cancelling and rebooking.

We have messages in to the Princess Planner,  (since yesterday) but, no surprise, no response at all yet.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, rocklinmom said:

Hoping that the new promo will be something like Plus perks at Standard prices. Anything to spur me to book...still on the fence. 

That would be amazing!  I was able to hold a cabin for three days.  I called and the problem was that the system was applying my credits and forced it to be a booking.  I’m glad a have time to see what is in store tomorrow. 

6 hours ago, SiliconCruiser said:

Compared the "promotion" with some of the cruises that we have booked for next year.  Seems that they're now around $50 more per night ... 😲
Princess promotions are starting to sound a bit car dealer promotions ...

Same here.

My 2 bookings are up by $200 pp for this promo.

happy with my non promotion fare.

• Like 2

Just now, dog said:

Same here.

I can now book a minisuite for only £100 more than my original cabin, although I do lose $200 obc, but as I have shareholder obc, that is no big loss.

Will be calling my TA later today.

3 hours ago, dog said:

Same here.

Same here. For our 3 booked cruises, one fare is the same as it has been for several months,  & 2 are more than when I booked. 

Well so much for an exciting new promo. It's just the same Plus fare with a shorex credit. And if you book Standard to save some money you don't get the shorex credit. Guess I'll have to wait until after final payment and see if they drop the fares on any remaining cabins...

I have the standard package on my upcoming 10 day cruise. We always buy wi-fi. If I upgrade to plus with this promo and add everything up, I will be getting the drink package for $179 per person. We aren’t huge drinkers, but I’m thinking we could each drink $17.90 per day, between soda, alcohol, and water. And we would need to buy a ship excursion to take advantage of the $100 excursion credit. I’m debating. Hmmm.