Cheapest UDP You've Seen on a 7-day Oasis Class?

alaska2023

Hi all. We're considering the UDP for our Harmony cruise laster this month, but the price tag is a bit higher than I'd like to spend ($208/adult and $70/kid), given that our two kids would be perfectly happy in the MDR. We're not foodies by any means (especially the kids, 8 and 11), but we do prefer quality food. I keep seeing MDR food compared to "banquet food," "cafeteria food," and (worst) "Golden Corral quality food" so I'm a little nervous to stick with a regular dining plan. Also, my 11-year-old daughter loves ordering off the adult menu, and my understanding is that she'd be limited to the basic kids menu on UDP.

Right now, the UDP for our sailing is $208/adult and $70/kid. It was $240/adult until today. Is this pretty low, relative to what y'all have paid for UDP on Oasis class post-covid?

Edited by alaska2023

I just started tracking again, so I don’t have a lot of data from 2022 at all, but so far, $219 is my best 7-day and I check daily on a few ships.

$208 is an awesome price.  7 dinners, possibly 3 lunches, for $208?  

If you don’t want to do Unlimited, do the 3 day!

I looooooove the better service and staff in the specialty restaurants.  

24E5ACC3-DA3A-4235-BCA7-6281262FFC48.jpeg

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, alaska2023 said:

Hi all. We're considering the UDP for our Harmony cruise laster this month, but the price tag is a bit higher than I'd like to spend ($208/adult and $70/kid), given that our two kids would be perfectly happy in the MDR. We're not foodies by any means (especially the kids, 8 and 11), but we do prefer quality food. I keep seeing MDR food compared to "banquet food," "cafeteria food," and (worst) "Golden Corral quality food" so I'm a little nervous to stick with a regular dining plan. Also, my 11-year-old daughter loves ordering off the adult menu, and my understanding is that she'd be limited to the basic kids menu on UDP.

Right now, the UDP for our sailing is $208/adult and $70/kid. It was $240/adult until today. Is this pretty low, relative to what y'all have paid for UDP on Oasis class post-covid?

Don't know the  age cut off  but yes,  if you are   paying for a child's UDP, the child will be limited to the restaurant children's menu. Slightly better than the MDR children's menu.

Of course, children may order off the adult menu in the dining room (and adults may order off the children's menu).  Not that we ever ordered chicken noodle soup, mac and cheese or a banana split!😀

I like most of the dining room food.  We have access to Coastal Kitchen on Oasis class ships and several evenings, prefer the dining room menu/food to Coastal Kitchen. 

M

• Like 2

Thank you all for your responses. Super helpful!

dada2199cc - Would you mind sharing how you're tracking? Are you just logging into individual cruise planners for your various sailings and then putting everything on a spreadsheet, or am I missing out on a comparison tool somewhere? I have 3 cruises booked between now and next June and I log into the individual cruise planners a couple times a week. It'd be nice to be able to see everything together to compare!

cruisegirl1 - Thank you for your honesty! I keep going back and forth between "We'll be totally fine in the MDR with all the options" and "Yikes, I hope we don't end up eating dinner at the buffet every night because the MDR food sucks." Again, we're not foodies or super picky...just don't want to eat Golden Corral quality food for a week. Lol. Also, my daughter is excited to be able to order from the adult menu anytime she wants. It makes her feel grown up. Ha!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, alaska2023 said:

dada2199cc - Would you mind sharing how you're tracking? Are you just logging into individual cruise planners for your various sailings and then putting everything on a spreadsheet, or am I missing out on a comparison tool somewhere? I have 3 cruises booked between now and next June and I log into the individual cruise planners a couple times a week. It'd be nice to be able to see everything together to compare!

Drop me a contact in my signature line and I’ll show you!

I would not call MDR food Golden Corral.  We were on Harmony in March and except for one entree that was quickly replaced with a better cut, all the food was very good.  Ok I’m from New England so the lobster tails were terrible but that’s just my seafood snobbery.  We aren’t foodies either.  If it tastes good and I don’t have to prepare, serve or clean it up, I’m happy.  I especially recommend the short ribs and the off menu Indian appetizers!

Edited by poocher
  • Like 3

On 9/1/2022 at 11:31 PM, alaska2023 said:

I was able to get it for $177 for my 6 night December Odyssey (Quantum-Ultra Class).  This was during the Labor Day Sale which supposedly ends in a few hours.  

1 hour ago, livingonthebeach said:

I was able to get it for $177 for my 6 night December Odyssey (Quantum-Ultra Class).  This was during the Labor Day Sale which supposedly ends in a few hours.  

Thats the same price for our 6 nights on the Marinier for May '23 cruise. 

1 hour ago, livingonthebeach said:

Our upcoming Harmony 6 nighter is 180. So 30 per night.   That is similar to 208 for 7 nights.  

On 9/6/2022 at 5:13 PM, livingonthebeach said:

On 9/6/2022 at 6:30 PM, CTCruiser76 said:

Thats the same price for our 6 nights on the Marinier for May '23 cruise. 

Does that include the gratuity?

On 9/3/2022 at 1:09 AM, Cruisin Around said:

I can't believe it myself, but a few months back we purchased the UDP for $163.99/pp.  Before that it was $189 I think.  Now it's $209.99 but I've seen it as high as $219.99 for our 10/2 sailing on Oasis.

Prices continue to increase for everything.  We monitor and if some weird reason prices are on a special, we cancel original reservation and rebook.  We typically call to do this.

• Like 1