No More Quest?

moposh

I recently went on my first cruise after several years not cruising.  On previous cruises, a game known as the Quest was offered.  It was not offered on the recent cruise (Enchantment).  Just wondering if it is still offered on some ships, stopped due to COVID, or not offered anymore.  Thanks!

Just now, moposh said:

I recently went on my first cruise after several years not cruising.  On previous cruises, a game known as the Quest was offered.  It was not offered on the recent cruise (Enchantment).  Just wondering if it is still offered on some ships, stopped due to COVID, or not offered anymore.  Thanks!

It wasn't on our B2B cruise on the Explorer in March. Bummer! 

• Like 1

We quit going about 4-5 years ago.  It just got to be who could be the most out there and so many people brought items with them.  I figured it was gone for good which is fine with us.  Covid was a good excuse to drop it.  I saw people with bags with a bra, lipstick, comb, sock, belt, extra pants, false teeth.  And the exhibitionists who can't wait to show a tattoo or piercing in a place no one really wants to see.  It'll be interesting to see what else they come up with.  Hopefully something that's really entertaining. 

Edited by BND
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Aquahound said:

I thought it was hilarious several years ago but like others said, I thought it got stale and predictable.  I’m starting to feel that way about love and marriage too. Time for some new stuff. 

Totally agree with your take on both of these too !

• Like 1

Hopefully now they get rid of the 70s party that we can all recite to the minute from Sony to costume.  About time for some fresh ideas and entertainment from maybe an 80s or 90s party to new type of competitive game shows with teams.  

Even the belly flop and hairy legs could use a revamp or replacement.  Once Royal tried a cannonball competition and that at least changed it up and was something refreshing.

Really thought they would have taken Covid to think of new ideas and forms of entertainment.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ChC said:

Damn, I just went out my way to make a friend with false teeth and thought this friend would be useful in the next Quest! Now what I am going to do? Tell this friend that the cruise is off? 😁😁😁

You should have made friends with someone who owns a comb. LOL.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

GET OFF MY LAWN!

Bunch of old grumpy curmudgeons posting here.

So you think stuff is old and stale?  Let the newbies have some fun!  Go do something else.

I think you miss the point.  It has deteriorated a lot over the last few years.  It used to be fun and funny, not so much the last few times we've gone.  It really isn't the same game at all.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BND said:

I think you miss the point.  It has deteriorated a lot over the last few years.  It used to be fun and funny, not so much the last few times we've gone.  It really isn't the same game at all.

So true! It was once a more spontaneous activity, then folks began bringing bags full of miscellaneous stuff just to win the game.

• Like 6

I do think they need some fresh games.

Even the World's Sexiest Man is 🤢 when the judges pick the old geezer.  It's basically a pity vote.

I do think people showed up to Quest with a bag of tricks, but I did enjoy it, even if just to go watch.

Edited by moposh

24 minutes ago, zebra36 said:

So true! It was once a more spontaneous activity, then folks began bringing bags full of miscellaneous stuff just to win the game.

Kind of like the people who cruise a lot on the same ship and go to all the trivia and know the answers so they can win a stupid key chain.  

• Like 11