Elite laundry perk, says "up to 30 items", can you leave 30 items on your bed without using the laundry bag?

NutsAboutGolf

On the last sailing for the first time I noticed it said for laundry up to 30 items.  I'm used to the "fill the bag" specials offered by X (pre-pandemic) and other lines but now wonder if I need to even bother with the bag?  The problem is one pair of jeans and a dress shirt take up a sizeable portion of the bag.  Going on a very long sailing so need to be strategic.

Would you want to handle someone else’s dirty laundry? Then count and fill out the laundry slip for them.   
The bags we have received since the restart are cloth and hold more than the paper bags.  Even with the paper bags we  could get 2 pair of jeans, 5-6 undies, socks, and 4 or 5 tee shirts in the bag.

Edited by jelayne
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Would you want to handle someone else’s dirty laundry? Then count and fill out the laundry slip for them.   
The bags we have received since the restart are cloth and hold more than the paper bags.  Even with the paper bags we  could get 2 pair of jeans, 5-6 undies, socks, and 4 or 5 tee shirts in the bag.

You have to fill out the form no matter what, I believe the steward is the one who places all tags on the laundry pieces so they might have to handle it anyways.

2 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

You have to fill out the form no matter what, I believe the steward is the one who places all tags on the laundry pieces so they might have to handle it anyways.

I don’t think it’s the steward who tags the pieces. In any event, it’s not the steward’s job to pick up and bag your dirty clothes. Use the laundry bag as provided and instructed. 

• Like 13

You can stuff quite a bit in the cloth bags. We generally fill out the forms and fill the bag smallest to largest and innecessary use the largest item as a cap over the top of the bag tucked in to the opening and pull the drawstring tight and tie a bow. The contents are not touched until the bag is in the laundry department. Personally  I think it is quite presumptive to expect someone else to pick up your laundry.

• Like 9

On a B2B, I had a number of larger items for the 30 items, so I used two bags and the steward said that was fine.Filled out one slip for the 2 and he kept them together. 

Really dont want or expect my steward picking up 30 items left on the bed to have to do that. 

Den

• Like 5

FWIW these are strong cloth bags, not those flimsy paper bags they used to have, and we usually can fit 30 items into one. However, there is an art to it. First, I tightly roll up our shirts and pants and stuff them into the bag. Then I take the rest of the smaller items and shove them down the sides filling all the remaining gaps. Meanwhile, my DW fills out the slip, one group type at a time, while I do this. Easy peasy ... 😉

BTW we usually put in a bag every 3 days as we are Elite+ now and get 2 bags each per leg.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

FWIW these are strong cloth bags, not those flimsy paper bags they used to have, and we usually can fit 30 items into one. However, there is an art to it. First, I tightly roll up our shirts and pants and stuff them into the bag. Then I take the rest of the smaller items and shove them down the sides filling all the remaining gaps. Meanwhile, my DW fills out the slip, one group type at a time, while I do this. Easy peasy ... 😉

BTW we usually put in a bag every 3 days as we are Elite+ now and get 2 bags each per leg.

I only use the Elite laundry for undergarments. Don't trust them putting my things in the dryer. They once ruined my white pants and guest relations told me to put in a claim upon my return home. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

I only use the Elite laundry for undergarments. Don't trust them putting my things in the dryer. They once ruined my white pants and guest relations told me to put in a claim upon my return home. 

Understand. For us we only have wash and wear clothes, so it’s not that big of deal for us.

9 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Understand. For us we only have wash and wear clothes, so it’s not that big of deal for us.

I'm ok with the dry cleaning and pressing of items just don't put my things in the dryer I rarely use it at home probably why my dryer still works after 30 plus years. 😆 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

On the last sailing for the first time I noticed it said for laundry up to 30 items.  I'm used to the "fill the bag" specials offered by X (pre-pandemic) and other lines but now wonder if I need to even bother with the bag?  The problem is one pair of jeans and a dress shirt take up a sizeable portion of the bag.  Going on a very long sailing so need to be strategic.

Best thing to do is to fold and roll your items tightly. Shirts, shorts, underwear, are easily rolled. Pants/jeans are an issue for sure. Bring a couple pairs and wear more then once, as long as there are no spilling incidents, LOL.  

We are elite plus, and, as others have said, we get two free bags of laundry per person on any cruise, regardless of length.  You can not send out the laundry within two days of disembarkation.  We only send undergarments, socks & t-shirts out.  We still are really hesitant to send any really good stuff out, just what we do.  

We have never lost a single item, and nothing has been ruined in our more than 40 plus cruises on Celebrity.  From time to time, they get delivered to a different room, but they make their way back to us.  But, again, we do not send dress shirts, dress slacks, designer polo's. cocktail dresses, and the like.  

We always arrive in the embarkation city three days to a week ahead of time.  The morning after we board the ship, we send out our first bag of laundry, then again about five days before the end of the cruise.  Since we only send out what I said earlier, we really only use two bags for the both of us on any cruise.  

By the way, we agree that the cloth bags are quite large, are larger than they look, and really can hold a lot of stuff.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kwokpot said:

A picture is worth 1000 words. Here's a photo of the Laundry bag with a men's(my husband's) 34x30 jeans rolled up next to it. You can fit at least five of those rolled up jeans. 

PXL_20220913_012635855.jpg

Sure. The question is, what about the other 25 items? 

The OP's decision to ask for another laundry bag is correct.

Agree with @lifeisrealygood. Although Ive put in more of our wash-wear pants and shirts/blouses, never have had any issues. Once when a blouse was missing, the steward got the description, and a short time later, it was returned. 

No damaged stuff and when we had it ready early, it came back the next day more than a few times. Use it most cruises. 

Den

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I still had the flimsy paper bags in my cabin on EDGE (AQ/CC) these last two weeks. Then the clothes came bag in a textile bag, go figure. I didn't send too many things to wash though.

1 hour ago, Fly and Sail said:

I still had the flimsy paper bags in my cabin on EDGE (AQ/CC) these last two weeks. Then the clothes came bag in a textile bag, go figure. I didn't send too many things to wash though.

I never have much to send either. I brought a nice dress from home that needed dry cleaning so sent that out then wore on formal night. 

2 hours ago, mfs2k said:

is a pair of socks counted as one item or two?

2 hours ago, drakes2 said:

Are you kidding? 😆 

Be nice!! I wonder sometimes if my pair of pants counts as one or two!! 

Den

Edited by Denny01
  • Haha 2