New to Celebrity

oakgrove girl

Hello everyone,  I am new to Celebrity. I usually sail HAL. I will be on the Infinity this weekend. Do they have theme night party on board (white night party) or anything like that? Where can you eat lunch when you first get on ship? I am in Aqua class do I get a discount on spa services , if so should I wait till I am on board to book services? Is it possible to wait list Tuscan grill? Thank you in advance for you help. 🤗 

1 hour ago, oakgrove girl said:

Hello everyone,  I am new to Celebrity. I usually sail HAL. I will be on the Infinity this weekend.

Do they have theme night party on board (white night party) or anything like that?  Yes a white night party, they'll call it "full moon deck party", if you look in the app it may tell you which night it is, often at 10pm

Where can you eat lunch when you first get on ship?  If you're aqua will be the buffet although a few specialties (paid) could be open like sushi/raw on 5

I am in Aqua class do I get a discount on spa services?  Yes

if so should I wait till I am on board to book services?  I'm not sure as I've never booked pre-board, anyone else know?

Is it possible to wait list Tuscan grill?  When on board and speak to the Maître d', I've never had a problem getting onto a wait list

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Do they have theme night party on board (white night party) or anything like that?  Yes a white night party, they'll call it "full moon deck party", if you look in the app it may tell you which night it is, often at 10pm

Where can you eat lunch when you first get on ship?  If you're aqua will be the buffet although a few specialties (paid) could be open like sushi/raw on 5

I am in Aqua class do I get a discount on spa services?  Yes

if so should I wait till I am on board to book services?  I'm not sure as I've never booked pre-board, anyone else know?

Is it possible to wait list Tuscan grill?  When on board and speak to the Maître d', I've never had a problem getting onto a wait list

I have been on many Celebrity cruises and have never seen a white night event.

Interesting. I recently posted on the HAL board that we are long time celebrity cruisers looking for info on HAL. Received many great responses and trust you will as well. Celebrity does have theme nights although can’t say specifically about white nights. Several options for lunch upon boarding although we usually just go to the Buffett and get a table by the window with a view. Doesn’t really pertain to your question but my most memorable embarkation lunch was on our first cruise where we took our kids and grandkids with us. We boarded and we’re sitting around a large table (10 of us) eating lunch and I looked over at my wife with a tear in my eye and said this is the best $15,000 we have ever spent. Great cruise - and we’ve done it a few times since. 
enjoy celebrity - we hope to enjoy HaL someday soon. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, oakgrove girl said:

if so should I wait till I am on board to book services?

I'd go ahead and book in advance.  Appointment times can fill up if you wait until you are on board.  If you are not able to get the Aqua discount before you board for some reason, you can work that out once on board (your refund will be OBC).

Theme parties are hit and miss.

Lunch option on embarkation are the Oceanview Cafe (buffet), Pool Grill, Spa Cafe, and Sushi on 5 (fee).

We have sailed Aqua Class and have never had a discount on spa services, occasionally a advertised special.  The reason many book Aqua class is that Blu is the assigned dining room for Aqua.  It is smaller than the MDR, quieter, less chaotic, IMH food and service are a step up from the MDR.

1 hour ago, cangelmd said:

They do have one, usually in the Caribbean. Suspended for Covid. Not always, very ship though

We sailed on Edge twice since the restart and they've had both the Full Moon party and the Silent Disco. We were surprised but happy that group events like this were held!

12 hours ago, oakgrove girl said:

Hello everyone,  I am new to Celebrity. I usually sail HAL. I will be on the Infinity this weekend. Do they have theme night party on board (white night party) or anything like that? Where can you eat lunch when you first get on ship? I am in Aqua class do I get a discount on spa services , if so should I wait till I am on board to book services? Is it possible to wait list Tuscan grill? Thank you in advance for you help. 🤗 

Just off the Solstice in Alaska from a few weeks ago and we had 70's-night, 80's-night, 40's big band night, disco night, a pride night and a white night.  These were all listed prior to our cruise in the app.  I only wish I had planned for these when I saw them.

As Aqua Glass you have access to Blu a private restaurant.

Spa discount don't know but watch emails for pre-cruise discounts.

Tuscan I understand is pretty popular.

I too made the switch from HAL to X and loved it!  Service is top notch like HAL.  X still has a live orchestra and musicians and is a bit younger than HAL.  You still get the older crowd but not nearly as much as HAL, nowhere close to.

Our recent cruise aboard Silhouette featured a "silent disco" night to which we were invited. (Didn't attend, though, because my wife felt seasick as h*ll that day). Otherwise, I don't recall any other special theme nights (but I probably didn't pay attention or missed them).

As for the spa, we received a coupon on three different occasions while aboard offering $50 off any spa service. My wife didn't take advantage of it, however.

Because of our boarding time (12:30 p.m.), we ate lunch at our Southampton hotel -- luggage at our side -- after we checked out of our hotel room 90 minutes earlier. Thus, we didn't feel like eating right away once aboard. That said, we could have visited the Retreat Lounge for vittles, if I recall, or Luminae. I think Aqua class offers the same thing at Blu.

cjr

4 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

Blu is not open on embarkation day, so that's not an option for Aqua passengers.

Blu is never open for lunch, it is open for dinner on embarkation day.  It's even open for breakfast on disembarkation day which could be considered embarkation day for those doing a B2B.

29 minutes ago, CNSfromHI said:

Our recent cruise aboard Silhouette featured a "silent disco" night to which we were invited. (Didn't attend, though, because my wife felt seasick as h*ll that day). Otherwise, I don't recall any other special theme nights (but I probably didn't pay attention or missed them).

As for the spa, we received a coupon on three different occasions while aboard offering $50 off any spa service. My wife didn't take advantage of it, however.

Because of our boarding time (12:30 p.m.), we ate lunch at our Southampton hotel -- luggage at our side -- after we checked out of our hotel room 90 minutes earlier. Thus, we didn't feel like eating right away once aboard. That said, we could have visited the Retreat Lounge for vittles, if I recall, or Luminae. I think Aqua class offers the same thing at Blu.

cjr

Blu isn't open for lunch any day. Once in a while there is a special for fee lunch that is offered as a one time per cruise thing.

32 minutes ago, GORDONCHICK said:

What is a silent disco night?

Silent disco is a dance party with usually 3 DJs and head sets with 3 channels - red, blue and green. You put on your headset, pick your preferred channel and dance. No on can hear your music, but you, although you can tell what’s popular by the he’d set lights.

It is a hoot, both for the participants and the spectators. Groups of people randomly start yelling and waving their arms in the air.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We have enjoyed quite a few white night parties..we always pack something  white..just in case. Looks great when  the colored light are on  at the  pool deck.

Best one was in Greece..pax and staff all in white.  Really fit the setting.

3 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Blu is never open for lunch, it is open for dinner on embarkation day.  It's even open for breakfast on disembarkation day which could be considered embarkation day for those doing a B2B.

Thank you for clearing that up!  Yes, I meant that it was not open for lunch on embarkation day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GORDONCHICK said:

What is a silent disco night?

You wear headphones while boogieing on the dance floor. It's only "silent" if you take 'em off but it's a fun concept.

On our cruise, we were simply wiped that night and needed the comfort of our bed, so we didn't partake.

cjr

1 hour ago, CNSfromHI said:

You wear headphones while boogieing on the dance floor. It's only "silent" if you take 'em off but it's a fun concept

Another time it is not silent is when some moron specifies the place for the dance right above your cabin and it starts at 11PM right when you'd like to sleep.  Sounds like a herd of elephants on speed, above you.  No possibility of sleeping.  We complained to GR but what could they do when it was already in progress?

• Like 1

First, give yourself 2 thumbs up for booking Celebrity.  Oceanview buffet or the Mast Grill are easy choices after the hassle of travel and boarding. Sunset Bar on the stern of the ship is a great diversion with live music as you wait to get underway with your most fabulous cruise.  

You don't have to drink Martinis to enjoy the Martini Bar, they serve all beverages.  The show the barmen put on is highly entertaining,  Bon Voyage!