Celebrity water bottle or can?

fenton04

Just got back from a Royal Carribean Baltic sea cruise.  We are diamond/elte.  The water that was  available to us came in cans.  Upcoming Celebrity cruise to Hwaii.  Is the water in bottles, or cans on Celebrity ships?  It will help us when we pack.

1 hour ago, Tyler414 said:

On my March 2022 Apex cruise the basic water was in a 16oz aluminum twist off cap "can"

In August we started with twist off cans, then a couple days in, it switched to pop-top cans.  My wife inquired at guest relations because these were really inconvenient for taking off ship since you can't close once opened.  She ended up speaking to the Beverage manager who told us they were switching because people were cutting themselves on the twist off cans (don't know if the switch was temporary or permanent,  just Constellation or fleetwide).  As a thank you for reaching out we unexpectedly received a gift of a case of the twist off cans in our stateroom.

We found it kind of silly that people were cutting themselves on these - until it happened to our son on one of our gift cans.  Still used them, were just extra extra careful.

Mike

Edited by mandream

2 hours ago, mandream said:

We found it kind of silly that people were cutting themselves on these - until it happened to our son on one of our gift cans.  Still used them, were just extra extra careful.

If you don't know to be careful in the first place (and there's really no good reason why one would think opening a water bottle should require any special care), then it's not so silly. I cut myself opening one of those, and it was quite a shock. 

I suffered two separate thumb wounds from opening the water bottle-cans on my last cruise. I'd forgotten until I got water at a food truck recently and it came in one of those and I instinctively flinched while opening it! 

I'd still rather risk the injuries for a resealable bottle!

15 hours ago, DCPIV said:

If you don't know to be careful in the first place (and there's really no good reason why one would think opening a water bottle should require any special care), then it's not so silly. I cut myself opening one of those, and it was quite a shock. 

I have read many reports of people cutting themselves on the metal. Celebrity really needs to change permanently. 

23 minutes ago, Cruise Gopher said:

I don’t understand why they just don’t go back to plastic bottles? The aluminum is no more ocean friendly than a plastic bottle. Neither will disintegrate if it ends up in the ocean. 

I'm starting to get arthritis in one finger so will just have bartender open it and I can pour it in my own thermos. I am Elite so does that mean I get water between 5 and 7?

Our recent cruise featured Celebrity's silver-aluminum cans. No problem opening them or cut-concerns and, according to the packaging itself, these bottles are far more recyclable than plastic.

If you dislike the taste/smell of beverages from aluminum, then you might not like this pervasive offering onboard. During our recent cruise, the Silhouette supposedly ran out of these aluminum cans and started distributing another version -- probably 22-24 ounces in glass bottles -- and/or pouring H2O into glasses when people asked for it. I say "supposedly" because except for a few places onboard, we continued to see/receive them.

cjr

On Equinox last week they were out of Evian but had another brand in the small and large glass bottles.  I have to say I liked the taste better than Evian.   They were still serving water out of Evian large bottles in Luminae.    I've never seen them open a new Evian bottle in Luminae.  Just saying😁

On 9/18/2022 at 12:06 AM, IslaSarah said:

I suffered two separate thumb wounds from opening the water bottle-cans on my last cruise. I'd forgotten until I got water at a food truck recently and it came in one of those and I instinctively flinched while opening it! 

I'd still rather risk the injuries for a resealable bottle!

Agree the cans are hard to open, but the cans have a soft liner in the cap and reseal quite well.