Favorite beverage/cocktail...its been awhile

motherchic

On 9/27/2022 at 10:15 AM, ConnMom said:

French Caribbean at the Sunset Bar.  I don't know what is in it, maybe mango, but it is a lovely frozen treat in the afternoon.

And my favorite at the Martini bar is a French martini. 

French martini sounds so good, can’t wait to try it. 

On 9/26/2022 at 6:51 PM, Northern Aurora said:

Singapore Slings are listed on the bar menus post covid too.  I am posting from a Celebrity ship and may have one tonight!

Oh if you are still on the ship ... feel free to share a pic of the menu! Which bar?

PS Hope it was good 🙂

I've tried this one a few times and found it good.

Mast Bar/Pool Bar -  Blue Note Punch (Blueberi vodka, Red Bull Blueberry, Pineapple, Lime Juice)

Have NOT (yet) tried this one but it looks good and have it flagged to try in the future.  If anyone's tried it feel free to comment...

Sunset Bar -  Key West Daiquiri (Rum, Grapefruit Juice, Lime Juice, Syrup, Maraschino)

On 9/26/2022 at 7:35 AM, Cruise Gopher said:

Tito’s frozen strawberry lemonade

(great to order out at the Sunset bar)

Tito’s 

Lemon Juice

Strawberry Pureé

Blend with ice

It’s so good and goes down a bit too easy. 🥴

This sounds really yummy.  I think it might be my first drink when I step onto the Infinity on the 15th 🙂 

• Like 1

+3 on the Zacapa Old Fashioned!

Never saw a Singapore Sling on a menu. But the last time (and only time) I had one was actually at The Long Bar at Raffles. Not sure I want to risk that memory!

I like frozen drinks and last cruise I was looking for a dessert drink on day 2 for dinner as I did not like the dessert choices and the bar waiter recommended a mudslide.   It is now one of my new favorites.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2022 at 6:12 PM, Georgia_Peaches said:

Bourbon and Peaches signature cocktail in Luminae.  If you're not in a suite, try ordering one at the bar nearest Luminae (Passport, I think on S class ships).  This bar makes the drinks for Luminae and they will make you one even if you're not a suite guest.

I second the Bourbon and Peaches! 

• Like 1

I'm a "purist".  I like a simple Belvedere martini. (From the Martini Bar, of course)  I take it "James Bond" style: shaken, not stirred.  I like it very dry and very cold.  You shake it till you think it's cold, then you shake it some more!  If I'm at any other bar I either have a vodka gimlet or a mojito, depending on my mood.

Elvis

The Sunset Martini at the martini bar is my go to. I need to get my hands on the recipe to make it at home.  On our Infinity Cruise this summer the bartender in the Constellation Lounge made a sangria he claimed was the best on the ship. Having tried both Sangria options at the Sunset bar I couldn't help but agree. 

• Like 1

On 9/26/2022 at 5:46 PM, motherchic said:

On our last cruise their was a bartender that made a great sangria. Could not find it anywhere else on the ship but at the sunset bar with that one bartender

Was it by any chance Thomas who also works at the bar in the Ocean View Cafe on Silhouette?  That's where I got this hand made sangria. 

image.thumb.jpeg.0b047faafb2ecec1670271ad16a9a8bf.jpeg

• Like 1

On 9/26/2022 at 6:34 AM, motherchic said:

Its been ages since anyone posted a list of their favorite beverage or cocktail....

Going on a TA soon, I tend to drink Manhattans, Mcallen scotch and mud slides. I NEED to expand my horizons !!

Whats your favorite?

In no particular order:

Zacapa Old Fashioned

Long Island Ice Tea

Rum Old Fashioned

Old Fashioned

Ketel One and diet tonic 

Tanqueray 10 and diet tonic

French 75

Lemon Drop Martini

• Like 1

On 10/3/2022 at 4:11 PM, ev8876 said:

Zacapa Old Fashion at the World Bar.  Hands down best drink.

On 10/3/2022 at 10:31 PM, markeb said:

+3 on the Zacapa Old Fashioned!

Ok, this is now officially on my "must try" list. An Old Fashioned made with rum has me intrigued.

In the morning, its a Bloody Mary (if my seas are rough from the previous evening) or a mimosa with breakfast to get the day started. 

During the day its beer, white wine (or rose) and/or perhaps a high end Gin and Tonic.

At night, it has to be a pre-dinner negroni or dirty martini. Then its wine at dinner which will likely continue to be the tipple of choice until lights-out...unless of course I squeeze in a coffee and a whisky ("Scotch" of course) 🙂