Cape Liberty parking garage

lovetocruise/diamond

23 minutes ago, lovetocruise/diamond said:

What??  We have parked in the garage at the terminal many times,  it’s huge!  We have not left the car there for a B2B before. What garage are you talking about?

we have parked there many times too. It is currently for handicap parking only. There is currently only one garage there so I am not sure why you would think I am referring to another. 

20 minutes ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

I was at Bayonne on Sept 11. Garage parking is for special needs but there is secure parking within a five minute walk to the cruise port check-in entrance.

OP asked about the garage. I know where the lots are, we plan on parking there if the storms calm down, otherwise, we will park at EWR and Uber to port. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, lovetocruise/diamond said:

What??  We have parked in the garage at the terminal many times,  it’s huge!  We have not left the car there for a B2B before. What garage are you talking about?

When there is more than 1 ship sailing out of Bayonne the garage is restricted, we have sailed many times in January and always parked in the garage, sailed in May and had to park farther away in an open lot, they were checking us in and charging payment as we parked.

So it will all depend when your cruise is.

• Like 2

Thank you, we have cruised 7 times from there and always parked in the garage. Hopefully in December we will be able to do the same. I did see on the website that if you have a tall vehicle you had to park in the adjacent lot.  I did not see anything about the garage parking is only for special needs/handicapped parking. Maybe the first floor is to accommodate those who need it. I did see where it is $25./day.   We will figure it out.🥂🥂

49 minutes ago, lovetocruise/diamond said:

We parked there numerous times including 2 times this year. But on Sept 1st garage was not available. We parked not far from Garage. Bus took us from/to there

• Thanks 1

We are sailing out of Cape Liberty onboard Anthem of the Seas on 12/11 and we are not intending to park our car in the parking garage. In fact, either my father is dropping us off at the cruise port on embarkation day (85% likelihood), or we intend to walk from my uncle's house to the Flatbush Avenue subway station (which is a distance of 2.4 miles from the house), and then take the subway (2) (5) from that station to either Park Place or Fulton Street, and then transferring to the PATH train by riding one stop to Exchange Place to transfer to the Hudson-Bergen light rail and taking it to 34th Street station in Bayonne then taking a taxi to the cruise port (15% likelihood). If there is a major service change affecting the subway in Brooklyn on the weekend of 12/10 then the latter option is out.

4 hours ago, lovetocruise/diamond said:

Thank you, we have cruised 7 times from there and always parked in the garage. Hopefully in December we will be able to do the same. I did see on the website that if you have a tall vehicle you had to park in the adjacent lot.  I did not see anything about the garage parking is only for special needs/handicapped parking. Maybe the first floor is to accommodate those who need it. I did see where it is $25./day.   We will figure it out.🥂🥂

Only Anthem is sailing from Bayonne in December, you should be able to park in the garage.

3 ships have sailed from Bayonne this spring into August, presently only 2. The garage is being limited to vehicles with handicap credentials, at least in the am hours.I & others(non handicap)who arrived after 12:30 pm were directed to park in the garage in May. When we sailed there were empty spaces on the top deck of the garage.

I was aware of the outdoor lot very close to the garage & terminal, what I was surprised to see in May was how far some lots were from the terminal. Shuttle service was provided for these lots, still on disembarkation I saw cruisers dragging their luggage to these distant lots.

43 minutes ago, prkr11701 said:

Can you drop off luggage and passengers first then park in the lot and walk back?

Yes. You must pass the luggage drop zone to get to the garage or outdoor lots. You need not stop there but you must drive by it. It is advisable to utilize the drop zone for luggage & passengers. Bring the parking ticket with you on the ship, on disembarking you pay first then proceed to your vehicle. If you do park in the garage expect a line to use the elevator when disembarking.

4 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

OP asked about the garage. I know where the lots are, we plan on parking there if the storms calm down, otherwise, we will park at EWR and Uber to port. 

After reading of the garage being used mainly for the handicapped, we've decided to have our daughter just drop us off and pick us up at the Port, since we don't want to take a chance of the possibility of a storm surge during our cruise while we're parked in the parking lot this coming week.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Luckynana said:

After reading of the garage being used mainly for the handicapped, we've decided to have our daughter just drop us off and pick us up at the Port, since we don't want to take a chance of the possibility of a storm surge during our cruise while we're parked in the parking lot this coming week.

We were just having that discussion with our son since we sail from there soon too.  He wasn't sure if I was joking or not when I told him some people were having family drop them off instead of parking there and would he consider it.  We are only a four hour drive each way. 😄 

We are actually planning on parking at EWR and taking an Uber to the port if a storm is headed that way when we sail.  I would rather pay more for parking/Uber than have to replace my car because it got flooded out.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, lovetocruise/diamond said:

Right now the parking garage is for handicap/special needs only since Oasis and Adventure OTS are both sailing of Cape Liberty this summer/fall. 

By December the only ship sailing will be Anthem so the parking garage should be open again with first come first serve as done in the past.    

On our last b2b on Anthem March/April we rented a car in PA then dropped off at the Avis/Budget that is about 3 miles or less from the cruise port and took an Uber to the port.   Then when we picked up rental car at same location for the drive home.    It was much cheaper than paying $350 for 14 nights, especially since I could use points from a credit card towards the rental.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

It currently is not open for all cruisers, only handicap.

5 hours ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

I was at Bayonne on Sept 11. Garage parking is for special needs but there is secure parking within a five minute walk to the cruise port check-in entrance.

5 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

we have parked there many times too. It is currently for handicap parking only. There is currently only one garage there so I am not sure why you would think I am referring to another. 

3 hours ago, mjkacmom said:

I think it depends how many ships have passengers parked at the same time, if multiple then disabled parking is in the garage.

The garage is currently used only for handicapped AND FOR BACK TO BACK CRUISERS.  This is the state of affairs when more than one ship is using Cape Liberty.

Once the Adventure leaves this year - October 27 - Oasis leaves very shortly thereafter - and Anthem arrives, the garage should be available for all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

The garage is currently used only for handicapped AND FOR BACK TO BACK CRUISERS.  This is the state of affairs when more than one ship is using Cape Liberty.

Once the Adventure leaves this year - October 27 - Oasis leaves very shortly thereafter - and Anthem arrives, the garage should be available for all.

If you want to know the reason:

The guys at the surface lots have little hand-held machines that take your credit card for payment for your cruise when you enter the lot, i.e., before your cruise.  They are preprogrammed.  The guys can't change them.  So they have to send B2B to the garage, where the machine at the entrance records your entry date and the machine at the exit records your exit date, and charges you accordingly.  😄 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2