Milestone recognition being eliminated

CruzinNoony

1 hour ago, Kay S said:

I guess you haven't been following what I've been saying all along.  Princess is trying to get rid of old people. 

No, you're just too incredulous that your ego may no longer be stroked like it used to be that you can't see the forest for the trees.  See below...

1 hour ago, JimmyVWine said:

I think there is a big difference between "trying to get rid of" and "not bending over backwards to cater to."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, partybarbie said:

@JimmyVWine l am dying laughing. You caught me! My photo is eight years old. Here’s a current photo of my husband and I from our Alaska cruise this summer. BTW, I can apply for social security next month.

9EA89631-4D9F-4618-80FC-49B92EEE66E7.jpeg

1 hour ago, partybarbie said:

@JimmyVWine l am dying laughing. You caught me! My photo is eight years old. Here’s a current photo of my husband and I from our Alaska cruise this summer. BTW, I can apply for social security next month.

Great picture of you two!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Some actual facts and not suppositions.  On 10 cruises (PCL) since November, the 10% off has been given on each of our cruises for items that are not already on a special purchase price.  On our last cruise on the Caribbean Princess, I saw cartons of cigarettes being sold and carried out during the cruise.

As far as Milestone recognition  goes it has changed.  DH reached 1000 days on our March Emerald Princess cruise.  He received all the bells and whistles which  did include  breakfast in Sabatinis for the both of us.  I reached 1000 days on our 15 Aug Caribbean Princess cruise and received nothing.  No letter to attend the CC Party to be recognized - have no problem with that as we don't always attend.  I asked about Sabatinis breakfast and was told that was only for those being recognized for the qualifying  milestone.    So based on what she said  is now a new rule,  only one milestone recognition is given to a couple. Can't really say if this rule is correct or not, but that is the way the L&E Manager was running her milestone program on the Caribbean Princess.   What is strange is that on our Travel Summary under the Redemption Section it shows that I had a Milestone Redemption.    Like the OP, for the last 2 1/2 years we had planned our cruises around both of us reaching this milestone and having breakfast in Sabatinis..  Time is against us   for ever reaching another Milestone.  

The reductions in perks will not have an impact on our cruising with Princess.  We have 10 more booked through 2023 and if 2024 has some good itineraries, we will probably book some. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Meredith,

I understand your disappointment. We have 2 cruises scheduled which will give us the number required to be elite. I realize it’ll probably mean nothing in the long run. Oh well. But it’s still fun to cruise. 

Tell your Queen trivia expert husband I said “hi.”

Vicki 

7 hours ago, Kay S said:

I saw some for sale on the Majestic this year.  I don't think Princess will turn down a chance to make some money off the smokers.  It's still legal in "designated areas."

have to keep the crew happy 😉

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Undoutedly every cruise also has some seniors who scrimped and saved on their fixed incomes just for that inside room on their single annual cruise.  I'm 43 with a full-time job and cruise 5-6 times a year.

Those that  reached the levels we're talking about at 500-1000 days at sea didn't scrimp and save on fixed incomes. They probably don't take 3-5 cruises a year either.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

Those that  reached the levels we're talking about at 500-1000 days at sea didn't scrimp and save on fixed incomes. They probably don't take 3-5 cruises a year either.

I never said that they did.  I was responding to the generalization that "we seniors have more money and time to travel and do so in higher end cabins then young families."  

I literally said "Undoubtedly every cruise also has some seniors who scrimped and saved on their fixed incomes just for that inside room on their single annual cruise."

1 hour ago, cruzsnooze said:

Isn't it funny the stereotypes some people believe about seniors?  

Edited by Kay S
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, srpilo said:

The other lost elite perk which seems not to be getting much attention is the seemly loss of the 10% discounts in the shops... Just off the Sky 2 weeks ago, and there are what appears to be permanent stickers on all the shop windows saying " This Cruise Only 15% Off", . On our first purchase in one of the shops I noticed there was no Elite discount, and ask what about the discount, and the reply was "No", you got 15%, and my reply was so did everyone though, what about the published 10% benefit for Elites, she simply said new policy only one discount per purchase.

This did receive attention months ago when other loyalty perks were eliminated.

Basically, the 10% discount now only applies to items not on sale. So if an item is at full price, you can get the 10% discount.

If it is on sale, bye bye 10% discount.  So 15% off makes it on sale. No loyalty discount.

I assume the "sale price" does not have to be for a meaningful savings. If an item is reduced in price by one penny, then it is on sale.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

I'm 43 with a full-time job and cruise 5-6 times a year.

Carnival: 43 cruises, 250 days

Royal Caribbean: 13 cruises, 76 days
Princess: 5 cruises, 35 days

But obviously more loyal to CCL and RCI than to Princess.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Princess attracted me in my mid 30s with their casually elegant cruise experience. And nearly 40 years later they are evolving away from that cruise experience that made them so successful.

Princess attracted us with their many unique itineraries that competing cruise lines did not have.

As an example, Princess no longer has an itinerary that sails up the Amazon river to Manaus.

So if I want to be on a cruise ship with 4000+ passengers going to overcrowded ports that can handle the big ship crowds, I have my choice of cruise lines and price can be the determining factor.

It does not matter which cruise line I would take to just go to St. Thomas, St. Maarten and a private island with 4000 of my new friends.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Kay S said:

I have been taking my snaggle-toothed demographic over to HAL for the last couple of years.  If it weren't for the FCC I have to use up on Princess...

You can cash out almost all of them and have your TA / CVP just apply the goodwill & nonrefundable ones

15 hours ago, Dunk said:

This all sounds like someone confused the elimination of the milestone OBC that we used to get, which did cost them some funny money, with the milestone recognition, which is little to no cost for them. I’d take it with a grain of salt. 

Not confused . Two separate things and looks like both are eliminated.

14 hours ago, CruzinNoony said:

Great picture of you two!

15 hours ago, partybarbie said:

You still look like that original photo. We have seen you in person and I recognized you based on that original photo when I saw you on the ships.

My photo is also pretty old but it is so small, doubt if anyone would notice.

28 minutes ago, san diego sue said:

You still look like that original photo. We have seen you in person and I recognized you based on that original photo when I saw you on the ships.

My photo is also pretty old but it is so small, doubt if anyone would notice.

Thank you so much. Hoping to see you in January. I will come join the roll call for our cruise with you.

• Like 1

I am currently on Majestic for LA to Sydney sailing. The Loyalty Ambassador confirmed the milestone program is being ‘Fazed out’. My sister was just on the Caribbean Princess for the NY to Quebec and back to NY sailings and said passengers celebrating their 500 days milestone were recognized at the Captain circle party.

There might be a component of when you booked your sailing and the ‘date’ Princess has set to no longer recognize ‘milestones’ . 

I feel fortunate that on this sailing they show Milestone redemption in my account and I have been allowed ‘suite’ breakfast access.

I feel eliminating this ‘one time’ event for Princess loyal passengers is something I will miss, and will express my displeasure on the survey.

• Like 2

Geez , I thought turning fifty was gonna be a milestone. I looked and felt the same when that was reached. So I set my sights on fifty cruises with Princess,  now I guess I'll just head to Crooners and by drinks for everyone :classic_rolleyes:

Edited by c-boy
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, c-boy said:

So I set my sights on fifty cruises with Princess,  now I guess I'll just head to Crooners and by drinks for everyone :classic_rolleyes:

NO!!!  You aren't allowed to share your Drink Package benefits with others! 🤣🤣

Edited by JimmyVWine
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2