Good place to read a book on the Beyond?

zitsky

8 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Cruising in May.  I see the Sunset Bar and Martini Lounge.  Any place to sit for a few hours and read a book?  

Haven't been on Beyond, but on Edge ( which is similar)  I liked to sit in Eden when there weren't any events going on. Sometimes in the main area, sometimes up the ramp. It's a pretty and peaceful spot 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Smmessineo said:

Haven't been on Beyond, but on Edge ( which is similar)  I liked to sit in Eden when there weren't any events going on. Sometimes in the main area, sometimes up the ramp. It's a pretty and peaceful spot 

Everyone is different.   Pretty much all the bar areas are great in the mornings, but I prefer my own cabin.

6 minutes ago, Smmessineo said:

This, was nice on a recent Apex cruise. 

There are many nice places to have a quiet read.   It all depends on the time of day/night. 

The Eden can be a nice place but it does get noisy as they do have activities and rehearsals there.  The port deck outside of Eden can be a nice place but it is a smoking area.  For us the chairs looked nice but weren’t very comfortable. 

The Atrium can be quiet during the day time. 

It is best to look around, find a comfortable chair and enjoy.   If it gets noisy move to somewhere else. There is no guaranteed quiet place except for your cabin and even that depends on your neighbors.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, miched said:

There are many nice places to have a quiet read.   It all depends on the time of day/night. 

The Eden can be a nice place but it does get noisy as they do have activities and rehearsals there.  The port deck outside of Eden can be a nice place but it is a smoking area.  For us the chairs looked nice but weren’t very comfortable. 

The Atrium can be quiet during the day time. 

It is best to look around, find a comfortable chair and enjoy.   If it gets noisy move to somewhere else. There is no guaranteed quiet place except for your cabin and even that depends on your neighbors.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I remember the lounge on the Equinox but the Beyond is quite different.  Yes I certainly would move somewhere if it got noisy.  I may spend time at the pool but I can get tired of that.  It’s nice to have an alternative.

14 minutes ago, Salt Lifer said:

The ramp in Eden during the day is the best quiet hangout spot with the best views.

Ok thanks.  Good to know there are views.  I’ve looked at the website briefly.  Not sure what Eden is exactly?  A bar/lounge maybe?

5 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Ok thanks.  Good to know there are views.  I’ve looked at the website briefly.  Not sure what Eden is exactly?  A bar/lounge maybe?

It's an entire area (aft) of E-class ships. There's a specialty restaurant, a bar, a cafe (serving breakfast and lunch when open), and various seating areas.

1 minute ago, RichYak said:

It's an entire area (aft) of E-class ships. There's a specialty restaurant, a bar, a cafe (serving breakfast and lunch when open), and various seating areas.

Any idea when that bar opens up?  I’ll check the website.