Drink prices increased?

dc15

21 minutes ago, dc15 said:

Just noticed on the app a lot (if not most) cocktails are now up to $14. I could have sworn they were $13 before.

Has the drink package limit of $13 a drink increased as well?

IDK if they have increased since I rarely buy a la carte -- the C&A drinks are plenty for me. Just as a side note, the MSC basic drink package for $38 prepaid online (regardless of ship or sailing date) is about the best drink package at sea (for the price). Now that MSC has added 5 ships to be based in North America -- watch out RCI. Not that people cruise for booze -- just 'sayin:

Here's is what you get at MSC for $38:

Screen Shot 2022-10-09 at 10.34.21 AM.png

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, dc15 said:

Just noticed on the app a lot (if not most) cocktails are now up to $14. I could have sworn they were $13 before.

Has the drink package limit of $13 a drink increased as well?

I’m on the Quantum now.  Most drinks a la carte are $13 plus mandatory gratuity, so $15.34 total.  It’s helping me keep on my “one a day” plan… 😏

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, matj2000 said:

Prices are artificially inflated

In order to make drink package appear to be a good deal.

And it works.

Have to agree. At our favorite local restaurant/ lounge, an old fashioned is $7.50 or 5.00 on happy hour.  Got one yesterday onboard for $15.34 total and it was not as good ( or as strong) as my local watering hole… But a long swim to the next option 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

30 minutes ago, little britain said:

If it hasn’t, there’s gonna be a riot !!! 

I have to believe both the drink package and the C&A vouchers will be updated to $14 (how long it takes that to appear in writing on the website is another story).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, matj2000 said:

Prices are artificially inflated

In order to make drink package appear to be a good deal.

And it works.

I don't think they're artificially inflated, $13-$15 seems like an average cost for a mixed specialty drink to me. I don't drink a lot so I don't think the drink package will ever look like a good deal to me, but I do think that for people who drink more than I do, the drink package prices can go up pretty high before the majority of people will stop seeing them as a good deal and stop buying them. 

It would have to be $40 or less for me to consider buying it. And individual prices would have to get to $22 or more before I would just choose not to drink at all for the week, which I do most of the time anyway. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, zeberdee said:

Hi all,

I've emailed CS and asked if they could confirm that our Deluxe drinks package for next May will cover this increase.

S

And your response will be a link to, or a cut and paste from the Royal website that says “up to $13”, and really doesn’t apply at

all. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ARandomTraveler said:

I don't think they're artificially inflated, $13-$15 seems like an average cost for a mixed specialty drink to me. I don't drink a lot so I don't think the drink package will ever look like a good deal to me, but I do think that for people who drink more than I do, the drink package prices can go up pretty high before the majority of people will stop seeing them as a good deal and stop buying them. 

It would have to be $40 or less for me to consider buying it. And individual prices would have to get to $22 or more before I would just choose not to drink at all for the week, which I do most of the time anyway. 

I agree. $13-$15 is not out of line for a drink in my area. 

At Del Frisco steak house last weekend, bought a round while we waited for our table. Five cocktails, $121 with tip. 

Edited by not-enough-cruising
  • Like 1

No it doesn’t.  The DBP will cover whatever the standard drink price is.  Website is always woefully behind in this respect.  If the drink price was $13 when you purchased the DBP but increases to $14 when you sail, it’ll cover the $14.  Different from a specialty drink that is higher than the standard price like a high end whiskey that will incur an additional cost.

Was on the Oct 1 Allure sailing. First lunch at Sabor, the menu we were handed had the cocktails at $13. A few days later we were handed a menu that showed $14 and the app still had $13. Yesterday, we were given a menu with $13. So, it’s coming, folks. 

4 minutes ago, poocher said:

HIGHLY unlikely.

Not sure about that. Have that exact issue on Carnival where the "free drink" is actually a dollar short of actually being free for any alcoholic drink/cocktail. I would not be at all surprised. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, poocher said:

No it doesn’t.  The DBP will cover whatever the standard drink price is.  Website is always woefully behind in this respect.  If the drink price was $13 when you purchased the DBP but increases to $14 when you sail, it’ll cover the $14.  Different from a specialty drink that is higher than the standard price like a high end whiskey that will incur an additional cost.

Just wondering do you work for Royal? How could you possibly know this?