🛳 Live from Allure 10-15 to 10-23 with Starlink

Ozark_Kid

Flight

We made it to the airport and the flight is on time!  TSA approved got us through the line in 4 minutes.   Sharon waited in line at Starbucks for 30 minutes only to find out they were out of White Mocha. 😔 

They finished the remodel at Memphis airport since we were here last.  Really nice.

image.thumb.png.03f9d0189b1e940acb7ff051eee48902.png

• Like 11

Sharon just informed me that this is not a direct flight 😑.   Guess I will relax later.

Our solo cruiser, who is taking a separate flight just found us and told us his flight was delayed and he has switched flights.   He was supposed to be us there.  I hope all goes well for him.

Boarding now and headed to Dallas.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Sharon just informed me that this is not a direct flight 😑.   Guess I will relax later.

Our solo cruiser, who is taking a separate flight just found us and told us his flight was delayed and he has switched flights.   He was supposed to be us there.  I hope all goes well for him.

Boarding now and headed to Dallas.

awww, you coming to visit me @Ozark_Kid haha! Shame on Sharon for withholding info haha!

• Haha 1

We have landed safely in Dallas .  I was surprised to see they have live music. 

image.thumb.png.7dddeecdc551e195a015e948d9bdd83d.png

We have a 3 hour layover so we thought we would search out a specialty restaurant.

image.thumb.png.4cd5343dcc66049ef4800aa0e72d48b5.png

Wait, we are in Texas.....

image.thumb.png.601818e728b7cacf4a2e98f72afd1fa2.png

I bet you didn’t expect food pics this early.   A loaded potato with brisket!  It wasn't bad.  I have higher expectations for next week.

image.thumb.png.7b581de0ebb0c0cab8e0a12976db5508.png

Edited by Ozark_Kid
  • Like 8
  • Haha 7

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Our TA found us a good deal on Allure out of Galveston in January.   To made our cruise dates line up.  Would love to share Ohio stories with you. 

I need to check with my brother if he is growing garlic this year.  He lives in Seville. 

I hope we can find a lucky slots machine. 

Our DD inlaws live in Seville.

Making arrangements now.

If your brother  grows garlic

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

We   are back to O3B today, but the internet guy says they will go live tomorrow.

I suspect there will be more speed than what I reported yesterday. Hopefully, we will be wowed.

Thanks for the update.  I'm guessing what you were experiencing earlier was them testing it out.  I am hoping for wow.

Please fell free to share anything you want on this thread.  Pics, updates whatever.  

2022-10-13.thumb.png.e473be41c02dbc19998fcff93d3793ae.png

I tried to insert this screen shot yesterday, and it would not load.  I suspect it was a CC issue,  because I was constantly getting logged off.  I just hope it wasn't a Starlink issue.

Guess I will see tomorrow.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

On the road again.   Sure is good to be on the road again.  I just love going cruising with my friends....
image.thumb.png.097a810f13d7626103c348d5cdeab282.png

Hello friends! We are on our way to Ft Lauderdale to board the Allure.   Our last cruise was Alaska so I am looking forward to a warm cruise.
We will be cruising with our usual cruise couple and we will be joined by a solo cruiser who be cruising RC for the first time. 
Here are the ports we will visit.

image.thumb.png.65f212af8c528a34d3f3df0977b68bec.png

I have no pics of pets we are leaving but here is one I am looking forward to seeing on the ship.

image.thumb.png.af7bb6ba1ee935f74cff839c6461595c.png

Awesome! I'm looking forward to following you on this cruise!

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

2022-10-13.thumb.png.e473be41c02dbc19998fcff93d3793ae.png

I tried to insert this screen shot yesterday, and it would not load.  I suspect it was a CC issue,  because I was constantly getting logged off.  I just hope it wasn't a Starlink issue.

Guess I will see tomorrow.

Was this a test from the cabin or elsewhere. 

We are about to fly away from Dallas now.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We have landed safely in Dallas .  I was surprised to see they have live music. 

image.thumb.png.7dddeecdc551e195a015e948d9bdd83d.png

We have a 3 hour layover so we thought we would search out a specialty restaurant.

image.thumb.png.4cd5343dcc66049ef4800aa0e72d48b5.png

Wait, we are in Texas.....

image.thumb.png.601818e728b7cacf4a2e98f72afd1fa2.png

I bet you didn’t expect food pics this early.   A loaded potato with brisket!  It wasn't bad.  I have higher expectations for next week.

image.thumb.png.7b581de0ebb0c0cab8e0a12976db5508.png

A lot of Texan's love Dickey's, but I am not one of them. I think there is far better brisket out there haha

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Those are the 3 Oasis class ships we have cruised.   We love Oasis class ships but the funny thing is we haven't cruised Oasis!  🤣  We considered Wonder but haven't found a reasonable price.  Maybe when the new itineraries come out.

Skip it.  Only one FlowRider!😉  We are doing this same itinerary out of FLL on 12/10 on the Harmony.

jc

• Like 3

UDP
This will be our 4th cruise since the restart. Our MDR experience has been challenging.
 We have always enjoyed the MDR until last October on Symphony. Limited staff caused problems.
We did CK the 1st night,  MDR the 2nd and Specialty Restaurants the rest of the cruise.
January on Harmony we started with Specialty restaurants.  On formal night we tried the MDR and had a good experience.

For  May we had bought the UDP for Ovation and canceled it after our good experience on Harmony In the MDR ....   Mistake.
This cruise will be our first experience with the UDP.  I will be reporting if we think it is worth it.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

What's the odds.
Is it possible to maintain or loss weight with the UDP? 
We were very active on the Alaska cruise.  We walked a lot at each port and in Seattle with our extended stay.  I lost 12 lbs.  Since the Alaska cruise I have lost an additional 5 lbs. 
I haven't had my weight this low since.... 2013 when we were on the Allure.  We have been on cruises before when we maintained or lost weight by taking the stairs instead of the elevator.  My goal is to break even.  What do you think 🤔.  Your welcome to guess and I will let you know when I get home.  I forgot to buy a scale like @John&LaLa so no updates with pics.  🤭

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

19 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

What's the odds.
Is it possible to maintain or loss weight with the UDP? 
We were very active on the Alaska cruise.  We walked a lot at each port and in Seattle with our extended stay.  I lost 12 lbs.  Since the Alaska cruise I have lost an additional 5 lbs. 
I haven't had my weight this low since.... 2013 when we were on the Allure.  We have been on cruises before when we maintained or lost weight by taking the stairs instead of the elevator.  My goal is to break even.  What do you think 🤔.  Your welcome to guess and I will let you know when I get home.  I forgot to buy a scale like @John&LaLa so no updates with pics.  🤭

Packing mine in the morning. 😉

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Woot woot😃   happy all went well with your flight.   Hopefully your friends too.

The couple flew with us. We just got a text that our solo cruiser.  He landed in Miami about an hour ago. He is Ubering and still about 15 minutes from the hotel.  Traffic has slowed.   They think there is an accident. 

Hope you are feeling better.   Drink water! 😇

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1